WA Editor Questions

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

WA Editor Questions

Post by Airie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm making this topic for myself and possibly others that have miscellaneous questions regarding the editor. I'm talking about questions like "The guides don't properly explain ... Could someone explain a bit better?" or "How do I make ... do ..."

So let's start it off with...Where do you find the Rainbow Shards in the editor? I'm just clueless as to where they are.
Airie
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Airie » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I just managed to find them in Gems. Any other questions are still welcome here though
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: WA Editor Questions

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:54 pm

I wonder why this thread has gone unused for so long.

Does anyone know how to make a Scritter that follows you (or at least can be moved by NPC Move buttons) while keeping the hopping animation and the Scritter sound? Bonus points if I can somehow get a Scritter dialog greeting type. As far as I can tell it's not in the greeting list.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:34 pm

jdl wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:54 pm
I wonder why this thread has gone unused for so long.
Most people nowadays have been asking questions on Discord.
jdl wrote:
Does anyone know how to make a Scritter that follows you (or at least can be moved by NPC Move buttons) while keeping the hopping animation and the Scritter sound?
Any objects that have a pathfinding MovementType (10-18) will move to the coordinates (MoveXGoal,MoveYGoal). (MoveXGoal,MoveYGoal) are only updated to the player's position by certain object logics, such as Chompers, Wee Stinkers, Green Crabs, Ghosts, and Wraiths. You could probably fake a "player following" behavior by using CMD 4 to briefly switch the object's Type to one that will update (MoveXGoal,MoveYGoal) to the player's position.
jdl wrote:
Bonus points if I can somehow get a Scritter dialog greeting type.
Sadly that is not possible, as far as I know.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:56 pm

jdl doesn't use discord

Scritter dialogue what. The only instance of scritter dialogue i know is that if scritter is the #0 object of an adventure, in WA1 1.00, you can click on the magic glove to trigger dialog 1