Robert's Hub and Mega-Adventure Concept Discussion (And you decide?)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Robert's Hub and Mega-Adventure Concept Discussion (And you decide?)

Post by RoberTime » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:55 am

In case you are not aware, I am developing a mega-adventure, formerly titled "Adventure Roberttime" but now "NeoLand Quest". I am not even a quarter finished the project, yet I keep land-filling myself with ideas for more mega-adventures and hubs. At first, I wanted to go one project at a time. But that would be forcing myself to finish the project as I would want to start the next, the result of the previous would be poor. So I have decided on working on both one mega-adventure, and a hub at one time. But that still may not cut it given all my other ideas for the future.

Which is why in this topic, I will be dumping all the ideas I have in one. Usually, I would create a single topic for each idea, but that would obviously flood things up. And the best part about this topic is you can decide on what project I could do next. Because I'm the kind of person who has trouble deciding themselves (Example: I have way too many games and trouble focusing on a single one!). Polling will be updated at the end of this head post.

MEGA ADVENTURES:

Mages of the Ages
This was supposed to be a concept from one of the more technical hubs that make the duo of the Alpha-Flash and Omega-Floing quests, based on the Zelda Oracle games. In this mega-adventure, the player can travel between present and future times in Wonderland with the help of a new friend. A different evil emerges who vanquishes all of the rainbow magic students and turns Wonderland into a burned-down wasteland, and the player must fix time using this new time-toggling power and restore harmony to the future of Wonderland. I already have the whole story noted down, and will only have to build gameplay once I begin work.

The Forest of Seasons
Again, from the said hub duo above, this mega-adventure is all about season manipulation. The player enters a mysterious new forest world and must navigate through using portals connected to different seasonal themes. Certain seasons contain barriers and passages, like climbable vines in Summer, and frozen lakes to slide across in Winter.

HUBS:

The Twisted dimension
In this hub, the player enters a dimensional rift within Wonderltown, who is taken to a parallel dimension similar to Wonderland, except things are much dangerous and filled with evil. The player must escape this dimension to return back home. But the catch is, they must pass through "twisted" versions of past adventures they have had in Wondertown back in the day (As in, the adventures within the Wondertown region in WA1). I have no intention to make this a "pirated" version of some WA1 adventures, as they are basically slight remixes of them but mostly original.

MetaStinker
An idea I thought of just now right before posting this topic. The player is given a letter from Reetroo, the owner of the Wondertown Arcade, to go over and test out the supposedly biggest new arcade game "MetaStinker". In case you haven't noticed, this is based on Mega Man rules where you enter a themed level, fight a boss, and get a weapon upgrade, except it's all rainbow magic. I will develop a series of gimmicks for each adventure in this hub that once you defeat a boss, you will acquire an inventory item from them to use their magic, which will give you an advantage. There will be multiple ways to clear each level using multiple magics (And you can only choose one magic for each adventure, by the way). Some of you may see where I am going, some of you may not be. But this will be a great adventure if you love Mega Man. (I finally started playing Mega Man last month, by the way)

Academy Attendee (New)
With vibes of Hogwarts School and focused strongly on the Academy of Magic, The Player attends the newly-organized academy as a first-year attendee, who is sorted into one of the seven houses as part of the new system. As you get sorted into your house at the start, you are to answer questions, which are VERY dependent on which house you go to, so it's a choices-matter thing. Each house has a series of adventures and storyline throughout the school year. Not all adventures may be played in this hub. You will have to replay the hub to select a different house route. I feel like this is going to be a very structured hub in terms of fanfic and commands. Going to be a lot of work, though.

CURRENT MEGA-ADVENTURE IN-PROGRESS: NeoLand Quest
CURRENT HUB IN-PROGRESS: Voting under way

VOTES FOR FUTURE PROJECTS:
Mages of the Ages - 0
Forest of Seasons - 1

The Twisted Dimension - 1
MetaStinker - 2
Academy Attendee - 0
Last edited by RoberTime on Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Robert's Hub and Mega-Adventure Concept Discussion (And you decide!)

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:06 am

Omega Floing and Alpha Flash? I remember seeing a thread about that a couple of years ago and thinking that project was absolutely AMAZING concept wise. Are those even still a thing...?

Regardless, all of these sound really cool, especially MetaStinker. Not everyday you see a project based around Retroo's arcade. That makes it have a cool and unique concept in my opinion.
Randome
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Randome » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:55 pm

The Twisted Dimension looks like a pretty cool hub idea, even being a little risky (you know, legal reasons).
I would like to see that!
"Remixed" WA1 levels like "the hard version" or "the evil version" or both.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Academy Attendee sounds awesome.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:50 pm

*Checks new post* Academy Attendee? What...? *looks back at original post thinking I somehow missed something* Oh, it's a new idea edited into the original post! Let's see... *reads description* OOOOOOOOOO, that sounds cool!