The Wondertown Coup Collab (FINISHED)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

The Wondertown Coup Collab (FINISHED)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:59 pm

This collab is finished! Click here to check it out!

-=-=-

THAT'S IT!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!! :x

As mayor, Peegue has ruled over Wondertown for far too long. It's time to do a Wondertown coup to overthrow that top hat punk once and for all.

That's right. After the overwhelmingly positive reception to the Job Interview Collab, we're doing a new collab this year.

Unlike the Job Interview Collab, this collab is going to be a hub. The Job Interview Collab was crammed into one huge adventure, which turned out to be a logistical nightmare for me to manage due to having to move the .wlv and .dia numbers around. More importantly, a hub format would allow players to replay entries where they missed coins or gems. This is because hubs have access to the "Floing back in time" menu. However, progression through the hub will likely still be mostly linear to ensure a semi-coherent narrative, and to once again capture the "sprawling journey" feel that the Job Interview Collab had.

-=- THE RULES -=-

The "plot" of your adventure must revolve around putting an end to Peegue's rule. Some examples would be an assassination plot, covert political mind games, a siege on Wondertown, or total war. The scale and scope of the attempted coup is your choice.

The coup must fail somehow. How this failure occurs is up to you, but Peegue must retain some fraction of his power over Wondertown.

Credit yourself somewhere in your adventure's intro screen. This will let players know who made each adventure. Aside from that, the adventure title and description can be anything you want.

Please try not to use modded gameplay elements that are exclusive to modded editors. I want this hub to be playable to everyone no matter what version of the WA3E player they're using. The exception to this rule would be the custom level border effects, since those are backwards-compatible with the vanilla editor.

When your adventure is finished, send it to me privately somehow. A private message on PCPuzzle works, or you can privately send it to me on Discord.

-=- OTHER QUESTIONS -=-

Custom music and custom textures are allowed.

How long should my adventure be? You can make your adventure as long or as short as you want.

I'm new to using the editor. Can I participate in this? Yes, all skill levels are welcome. In fact, if you're new, then I encourage your participation that much more.

How should Peegue be characterized? That's up to you. Seeing people's different takes on Peegue will be part of the fun.

Am I limited to only one adventure? You are allowed to send me multiple entries. Of course, you should only bother with this if it's something you really want to do.

The deadline has not been determined yet, but the sooner all entries are submitted, the sooner this can be released. I need all entries before I can start building the hub with a semi-coherent narrative. I promise it won't take six years this time...
Last edited by MyNameIsKooky on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: The Wondertown Coup Collab

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 am

Are .wa2 entries acceptable? They should run in Wa3 provided no version specific stuff is used.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:31 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 am
Are .wa2 entries acceptable? They should run in Wa3 provided no version specific stuff is used.
Yes, .wa2 entries are fine if you can't use WA3E. I will likely compile it to .wa3 format as I'm building the hub.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:57 pm

I'd just like to know a little about the intended plot structure of the hub. Since I presume it's supposed to be in linear order, does that mean that the adventure shouldn't showcase a setup of the events that led to the coup attempt and start exclusively from the actual coup? Or would flashbacks be okay?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:13 am

garirry wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:57 pm
I'd just like to know a little about the intended plot structure of the hub. Since I presume it's supposed to be in linear order, does that mean that the adventure shouldn't showcase a setup of the events that led to the coup attempt and start exclusively from the actual coup? Or would flashbacks be okay?
One adventure = one coup attempt (or more coup attempts if you're feeling feisty). You may showcase the setup of events and you may have flashbacks. Chances are the plot of the completed hub might take place over a period of weeks or longer. There are no rules regarding how long or how short a period of time should be covered by your adventure.

Figuring out how to string everyone's different adventures together is my responsibility, so don't worry too much about that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:42 am

I received the first entry for the Wondertown Coup Collab on January 3rd, thanks to a certain speed demon.

Other entries are in the works right now! Development on some hub areas has also started.

For the Job Interview Collab, 9 forum users built adventures and 2 other forum users had ideas for adventures! Let's see if we can top that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:24 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:31 am
Wonderman109 wrote:
Yes, .wa2 entries are fine if you can't use WA3E. I will likely compile it to .wa3 format as I'm building the hub.
Actually, you won't have to do that. My computer got virused and now I probably won't be able to make or play anything at all for a while. :oops:
Wishing good luck on the project! :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:37 pm

Hopefully I can join in on this. First I want to finish my side project though :P

( After this I have to work on my hub >:V )
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:44 am

I received the second entry to this collab on January 14th. It was absolutely insane.

I can already tell this collab is going to be something really special. Don't miss out, if you can!
Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:24 pm
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:31 am
Wonderman109 wrote:
Actually, you won't have to do that. My computer got virused and now I probably won't be able to make or play anything at all for a while. :oops:
Wishing good luck on the project! :)
That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

In the span of 3 weeks I've only received 2 entries so far, so I assume there are still several months before release (though more entries are in the works). Hopefully we can see entries from both you and Jutomi at some point! :mrgreen:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:56 pm

Yep, hope so. This virus is quite troublesome but eventually we'll find a solution...or a new computer. :stinkylol:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 pm

On January 30th, the Wondertown Coup Collab received its third entry. It's awesome.

The rest of you all want to be cool, too? Don't you...?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:42 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 pm
On January 30th, the Wondertown Coup Collab received its third entry. It's awesome.

The rest of you all want to be cool, too? Don't you...?
Well welp, DirectX is not on and cannot be put on my current computer, so I will have to fix up another one or wait for delivery time.
None of the games/editors work without DX.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:21 am

can i join too? :stinkylol:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:27 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:21 am
can i join too? :stinkylol:
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The More, The Merrier
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:24 pm

Here is my entry. I couldn't think of a plot so have a Znoo-Znee lock level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:21 pm

On April 1st, I received the fourth entry to the Wondertown Coup Collab! It's absolutely wild. (Sorry I took so long, I've been very preoccupied this month!)

I just want to say that I'm super impressed with the entries I've received so far. The amount of effort people have been putting in is insane.

This is already shaping up to be a much larger work than the Job Interview Collab was. I am super excited!!
Wonderman109 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:24 pm
Here is my entry. I couldn't think of a plot so have a Znoo-Znee lock level.
This barely follows the rules of the collab at all. I don't know yet whether I'm going to include it. (I'm thinking about including arcade games though, so maybe there, if anything?)

For people who don't have much motivation, I will say this: super short entries ARE allowed, including joke entries. I received a few 1-wlv entries for the Job Interview Collab and those were just fine. You do need to follow the rules pertaining having a story relating to Peegue and some sort of coup, though!!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Yeah, not in the mood, sorry. Good luck
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:47 am

On May 31st, I received the first arcade adventure for the Coup Collab! That's right, we're officially going to have arcade adventures now. The only real rule for arcade submissions is "no boring/tedious stuff like in WA1/WA3 arcade games". Anything goes, even joke adventures that are just a single wlv where something goofy happens. This means the arcade adventures don't have to be arcade-game-themed.

Two other coup collab entries are currently in the works! It's all starting to come together. We are seeing a lot of participation from people who haven't made adventures before, while the quality is stellar. I've been working on some hub areas too.

-=- STATS SO FAR -=-

4 COUP COLLAB ENTRIES
1 ARCADE ADVENTURE
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:25 am

oh poggers, Do you like the arcade games in Lattius Road? I can make similar ones.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:51 am

here, feel free to expand it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:59 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:25 am
oh poggers, Do you like the arcade games in Lattius Road? I can make similar ones.
I dunno, I've never seen the arcade.
nasko222 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:51 am
here, feel free to expand it
Interesting premise. I think this could be made more interesting if the player had more agency somehow. Right now you just spend 90% of the playtime waiting for the Zapbot to come back to you.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 am

The content is flowing in, baby!

On June 27th, I received the fifth entry to the Wondertown Coup Collab! I continue to be absolutely mindblown by the amount of effort and creativity that people have been putting into their entries.

On July 6th, I received another arcade game. Some of you will feel. :D
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:39 pm

It's been a busy month for me, so I've had a lot of Coup Collab testing to catch up on, on top of working hard to make my editor meet people's needs. Apologies to anyone I've been keeping waiting!

On July 22nd, I received 2 new arcade adventures.

On August 20th, I received 2 new arcade adventures.

On August 26th, I received 1 new arcade adventure.

Some of them are very funny.

-=- STATS SO FAR -=-

5 COUP COLLAB ENTRIES
8 ARCADE ADVENTURES
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:02 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:59 pm
As mayor, Peegue has ruled over Wondertown for far too long. It's time to do a Wondertown coup to overthrow that top hat punk once and for all.

That's right. After the overwhelmingly positive reception to the Job Interview Collab, we're doing a new collab this year.
Who says he's gonna be the mayor? Perhaps, as a reference to the Job Interview Collab, he should be the emperor instead.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:02 pm

Also, how long do you think this collab will take to make?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi, great to see a new face in this community!
TwingleTheScraggler wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:02 pm
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:59 pm

Who says he's gonna be the mayor? Perhaps, as a reference to the Job Interview Collab, he should be the emperor instead.
It is currently unclear whether this collab will take place in the same universe as the Job Interview Collab. If someone wants to make a collab entry where Peegue is emperor, they can do that and I will figure out a way to fit it into an overarching story.
Also, how long do you think this collab will take to make?
It's already been in development for 10 months. It will ideally be released either near the very end of 2022 or sometime in early 2023. My life has been pretty complicated lately, so it might take some time to put it all together, especially since the hub is likely going to take me a lot of work this time.

On that note, it would be great if all participants could have their entries finished and sent to me by sometime in December 2022. I may adjust that deadline depending on various circumstances but I'd like to have people's submissions wrapped up around that time.

In other news:

On October 5th, I received a new coup collab entry. I haven't played it yet, but it sounds very wild!

-=- STATS SO FAR -=-

6 COUP COLLAB ENTRIES
8 ARCADE ADVENTURES
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:53 am

MyNameIsKooky, would it be possible to view those collab entries?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:53 am
MyNameIsKooky, would it be possible to view those collab entries?
Keeping with the tradition established by the Job Interview Collab, the entries will be kept private until the actual collab is released. It's a blast when everything is a surprise!
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:01 am

How do I make a collab entry? Do I just post a suggestion?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:05 pm

Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:01 am
How do I make a collab entry? Do I just post a suggestion?
Use the Wonderland Adventures Editor to build an adventure and then send it to me in a private message.

For advanced functionality and more user-friendly features, you can use my custom editor.