Looking for my lost adventures

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Looking for my lost adventures

Post by jdl » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:29 pm

I just updated my Levels List post to include my older Adventures that I made when I was a child, and I noticed that there were some missing ones from the "Jacob's Classics" series. Specifically levels 9 and 10. I have checked the v096 editor archive, the forum, and even my own computer, but unfortunately I no longer have the original files for these adventures. I'm making this thread just to ask whoever is reading to please check your editor to see if you have any of these missing adventures along with any of my other adventures that are not listed in my Levels List post. If you do have any of them, please zip them up and post them in this thread.

Some things to note:
- My older adventures are under the Creator name "Jacob" while my newer ones are under "jdl".
- The adventure in this thread, which is titled in-game as "Wonderland Adventures Part 4" seems to be the only one credited under my name that I didn't actually make. I don't remember the context, but I apparently edited this adventure to make minor fixes to it for someone else. That is why I'm not including it in my list.

Thanks.
Last edited by jdl on Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: Looking for my lost adventures

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:37 pm

Definitely should find these and put them in the Archive next update
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:54 am

I have thought about this some more and have come to an interesting conclusion (at least for the time being): there's a chance that I don't have any missing (publicly released) adventures after all.

Here's why:

• My very first adventure in the series (which was also the first adventure I ever posted!) was posted in the v0.96 Editor subforum, not the v0.80 subforum. This explains why there weren't any adventures found in the recently discovered v0.80 Archive.

• Most importantly, this post contains a zip of apparently all of the adventures in the series that I made at the time of the post, and there are still "missing" adventures from the zip. One of the adventures in the zip, Murder Mystery, I could not find a forum thread for. It was also marked as Level 3 for some reason, which could mean that I deleted it and replaced it with Dark Maze and just included it in the zip by accident.

So basically there's two possibilities:
• There aren't missing adventures after all and I named them strangely.
• Adventures were made, but I never released them publicly for unknown reasons, and now they're lost forever. Murder Mystery may be proof of this.

Also, I can rule out the possibility of the missing adventures only being distributed though PM, because the forum still keeps attachments sent through PM even if you deleted the PM, and I checked my attachments (User Control Panel > Overview Tab > Manage Attachments) and didn't find anything for the series.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:26 am

Sorry for double-posting in such a short amount of time, but I figured out what the deal is with levels 7, 12, 13, and 14.
Turns out they weren't missing this whole time! :oops:
I went back and read all of the master.dat descriptions more carefully this time and found out the following:
Sally's Delivery 1 = Level 7
Extra 2 = Level 12
Extra 3 = Level 13
Extra 4 = Level 14

I don't know how I missed this... It didn't help that the threads for these adventures didn't have the level numbers in the title.
There's still levels 9 and 10 to possibly find.