(ENDED) CONTEST; Remake WA 1 in 4 Hours or Less!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

(ENDED) CONTEST; Remake WA 1 in 4 Hours or Less!

Post by StinkyFTW » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:25 pm

It would seem the contest has come to an end! There weren't a whole lotta submissions, and from the looks of it, both Giarry and Nasko have TIED!

I'll run more contests in the future, so keep your eyes peeled!

OLD POST;
That's Right! You aren't dreaming!

BIG UPDATE; I am now including a small cash reward for the winner! (More at the bottom)

BIG CLARIFICATION; PLAY TESTING DOES NOT ADD TO YOUR TIME SPENT MAKING THE HUB! PLAY TEST TO YOUR HEARTS DESIRE!

Submissions have BEGUN! To get your hub ranked, join the Wonderland Discord (bottom of the post for the link)

After some work-shopping with Nasko, I'm happy to announce the first ever HUB design Contest...

W.A 1 in 4 Hours!

That's right; You've got 4 hours to remake W.A 1

You'll remake the game from scratch based solely on memory alone. The goal is to design the entire game into a crazy, small and condensed package, both for fun and to see who can be the most creative with it!

This contest starts today and will run until May 10th, 2022! Submissions can be done via this topic or the (un)Official Wonderland Discord! (Link at the bottom)

You ARE allowed to collaborate with people, but know that EVERYONE is on a 4 hour time limit for work. (Say me and Nasko teamed, we'd be on that same 4 hour time limit. This is meant to incentivize team work)

Good luck everyone!

EDIT: Allow me to CLARIFYsome things!

1. It doesn't need to be a 1:1 remake - take as many creative freedoms as you want.

2. The one big rule is this; the player must have the 7 shards by the end in order to stop the void. The steps to get there, though, are up to you.

3. Have fun!

And now, for that after-mentioned CASH AWARD!
It isn't much, but I will PayPal the Winner $10 after the VOTE!

The way voting will work is simple; it will take place on the Wonderland Discord, where everyone will submit their finished project. Submission will open up the day the contest ends, and people will have a full WEEK to vote.

Everyone can vote on a scale of 1-5, however, the creator of the project can NOT vote on their own project. This is to keep it fair.

Whoever has the most points will be deemed the winner of the contest!

Link to the Wonderland Discord;
https://discord.gg/DREe4k8
Last edited by StinkyFTW on Fri May 20, 2022 4:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: CONTEST: W.A 1 in 4 Hours!

Post by Sammy_P » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:52 pm

This contest idea unironically rules and I'll attempt to get something in before the deadline, just a couple questions tho:

1 - 4 hours just has to be 4 hours *total*, correct? Like it doesn't have to be 4 *consecutive* hours.
2 - I know you specified it being a hub, but for the lot of us (okay, just me) that aren't super experienced in hub-making is it fine if it's just an adventure?
3 - bro why is that your signature LOL
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:31 am

Sammy_P wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:52 pm
This contest idea unironically rules and I'll attempt to get something in before the deadline, just a couple questions tho:

1 - 4 hours just has to be 4 hours *total*, correct? Like it doesn't have to be 4 *consecutive* hours.
2 - I know you specified it being a hub, but for the lot of us (okay, just me) that aren't super experienced in hub-making is it fine if it's just an adventure?

1. 4 hours total, doesn't need to be 1 sitting.

2. **Preferably** make it a hub. It doesn't need a ton of adventures. I myself am at 4/7 shards and there's 5 levels that are super short.

3. I think I got hacked! I never noticed this LMFAOOOO
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:54 pm

Aaaaaand, I've finished my entry! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:04 pm

StinkyFTW wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:31 am
Sammy_P wrote:

2. **Preferably** make it a hub. It doesn't need a ton of adventures. I myself am at 4/7 shards and there's 5 levels that are super short.

The time spent on figuring out how hubs work is going to eat away from the 4 hours...
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:36 pm

you dont have to participate in everything, spectators are a thing
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Sun May 01, 2022 6:03 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:04 pm
StinkyFTW wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:31 am
Sammy_P wrote:

The time spent on figuring out how hubs work is going to eat away from the 4 hours...
Nope. Using MNIK editor, which has a built-in hub tool, I was able to make my project with PLENTY of time to spare. It's super self-explanitory.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: CONTEST: W.A 1 in 4 Hours! (Now with a reward for the winner!)

Post by Jutomi » Fri May 13, 2022 3:18 pm

Bah, afraid I just didn't have the time to enter this one lol.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Re: CONTEST: W.A 1 in 4 Hours! (Now with a reward for the winner!)

Post by StinkyFTW » Sat May 14, 2022 2:18 am

Jutomi wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 3:18 pm
Bah, afraid I just didn't have the time to enter this one lol.
You've got 4 days still to make an entry!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: (ENDED) CONTEST; Remake WA 1 in 4 Hours or Less!

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:49 am

What are the results?

And I'm not planning on using any custom editors at all anymore.

It's an enormous headache to differentiate them. Too many cooks spoil the broth/better fewer choices than many.