Compact WA Mechanisms

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Compact WA Mechanisms

Post by ab-47 » Thu May 05, 2022 8:14 am

Hi everyone, I don't have much to say except that making mechanisms in Wonderland is painful and insufferable, and you always have this doubt of it breaking by chance.

With that said I have decided to make this new topic based exclusively on providing the most optimal mechanisms possible. That means you'll have the most convenient mechanism with the smallest space, least time to make, and 99.9% instant + bugfree results (I feel like I'm promoting the next Flextape ad at this point.) :mrgreen:

Hopefully you can use these mechanisms to simplify any future work you have, with a strong thread that can be used as a reference.

Let's begin! :)

NOT LOGIC GATE

Description: NOT LOGIC GATE are logic tiles which inverts what is active to inactive (in WA terms) such as an open gate being closed. So an example will be an active teleporter disappearing when you activate the NOT logic but it reappears if the NOT logic has been reverted.

What's included?
The barrel uses Truemovement and the movement type is 41, speed is adjusted to 1000 where it almost instantly activates / deactivates the mechanism.
Laser gates are used for high activation speed.
The evil tile implements the NOT logic, deactivating whatever output occurs (a gate going from open to closed, for example.)
The green tile reverts the NOT logic, and returns the output as it was (reopens closed gates.)

Here's a picture of how the mechanism looks.

How does this work?
One of the biggest advantages of moving barrels (doesn't matter if explosive or normal) is that it can survive gates closing in on them, whereas all the monsters except the ghost will get crushed and that leaves a chance of error. This specific layout is designed in which the barrel turns left on movement type 41, if the laser gate is open the barrel won't touch the green tile anymore since it's turning left on the direction it faces, but if the laser gate is closed it can only go to and fro.

VIDEO HERE: LINK

I'll be writing down the AND Logic gate soon.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: Compact WA Mechanisms

Post by ab-47 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:17 am

AND LOGIC GATE

Description: AND LOGIC GATE are logic tiles which requires two conditions to be true in order to execute. If we look at it in WA's chassis as an example, you will have two buttons A and B that can open a gate; to open the gate, you need to have both buttons on to get it down; if you have either button A alone or button B alone active, this will NOT open the gate. This is basically AND logic in a nutshell.

What's included?
The barrel uses Truemovement and the movement type is 41, speed is adjusted to 1000 where it almost instantly activates / deactivates the mechanism.
The red and orange laser gates are used for high activation speed and will be our conditions A and B for the matter.
The evil tile is a check to see if you're missing either buttons and have none active, if the barrel touches it then the gate will remain closed.
The yellow tile is a check to see if you have BOTH buttons active at the same time, if the barrel touches it then the gate will open and remain open until either the red gate and/or orange gate are deactivated again.

Here's a picture of how the mechanism looks:

How does this work?
The best thing about moving barrels is that they will never get crushed from closing gates and that's better compared to monsters. The way this mechanism works is that you have two round buttons: Red round button and orange round button. These two buttons are our conditions A and B, in order to open the final gate both conditions are to be active together, not individually. the barrel will keep turning and hitting the laser gates as long as they are active, keeping the gate closed. Once both laser gates have been deactivated, the barrel will be able to pass and activate the gate since it won't contact and turn into the evil tiles.

If you have any requests for compact mechanisms, please let me know. I will be experimenting more on logic gates in my free time and would love to see if anyone would want some help with fine-tuned mechanisms! :)
LEVEL LIS1
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:27 pm

XOR LOGIC GATE

Description: XOR Logic gates are logic tiles which requires only one out of the two conditions to be true in order to execute. To break it down into WA terms, you have two round buttons of different colors, each one will be able to open the same gate when pressed alone. If you press both buttons simultaneously, the gate will close, only one button needs to be held down for the gate to open.

What's included?
The blue and indigo laser gates are used for high activation speed and will be our conditions A and B for the matter.
The evil tile is a check to see if none or both buttons are pressed at the same time, when the barrel touches it the gate will remain closed.
The purple tile is a check to see if you have ONLY ONE button active at the a time, if the barrel touches it then the gate will open and remain open until either the both buttons are activated or none are.

A picture for more details.

How does this work?
I use explosive barrels because unlike monsters, they do not die from closing gates. when both buttons are left unpressed, the barrel will only go back and forth touching the evil tile because the laser gates prevent it from going further left or right. Now if you press either buttons, the barrel will be able to continue on a side and keep turning left on the purple tile, this will ensure the purple gate is always open. If both buttons are pressed then the barrel won't turn left anymore and just go back and forth now that all gates are open; it will only touch the evil tile and not be able to touch the purple tiles unless a button is released. when both buttons are released, the barrel will slip back to the middle to avoid getting stuck and it's back to it's up / down movement.

If you have any requests for mechanisms, please let me know. I'd like to see if anyone would want some help compact versions of any mechanisms! :)
LEVEL LIS1
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:27 am

Hi ab, thank you for these designs!! The NOT gate is really elegantly designed, and helped me solve a problem in one of my upcoming adventures.

Here's a little tip: Basically anything in the game can press buttons as long as its ButtonPush value is set to 1. Even an object with Type 0 (which has no in-game logic) can press buttons and use TrueMovement. You can use the !None model to make absolutely sure it is entirely invisible in-game. That's what I've come to enjoy using with my mechanisms. I created a convenient object preset here:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:25 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:27 am
Here's a little tip: Basically anything in the game can press buttons as long as its ButtonPush value is set to 1. Even an object with Type 0 (which has no in-game logic) can press buttons and use TrueMovement. You can use the !None model to make absolutely sure it is entirely invisible in-game. That's what I've come to enjoy using with my mechanisms. I created a convenient object preset here:
Oh I, oops... :mrgreen:

I haven't realized that button push could apply to anything now that you mentioned it, that does actually make a lot more sense with how barrels interact with buttons. I kinda wish I knew about it earlier for previous levels but it's no biggie. :lol:

The WOP is actually quite good to use once you're pretty much done with the mechanisms and I can see myself using that (provided I don't laze off and just fake wall everything.)

Definitely recommend using the silent wop to anyone who would prefer a sound-proof mechanism! Thank you very mucho~ for uploading it MNIK, and of course for the buttonpush tip! :P
LEVEL LIS1