Adventure #70: WA Corruptor

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #70: WA Corruptor

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:55 pm

"MNIK! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" That's what everyone tells me every time I destroy the Wonderverse (which seems to happen often). However, I am unable to destroy the Wonderverse in OTHER PEOPLES' adventures, and obviously that's not acceptable at all. I'm sure there are other users here who enjoy destroying universes as well, and that's why I created this adventure.

I spent several days building... uh... a mechanism. This mechanism corrupts Wonderland Adventures' textures and models for ALL adventures. It lasts until you close the game. It's probably the weirdest mechanism this forum has ever seen, but uh, it works.

Sadly, there were a few models and textures I was unable to corrupt without crashing the game, but I think the work I've done here is more than enough.

How does the mechanism work? Well, I'll get into that later... and probably somewhere else...

In the meantime, enjoy destroying the universe! :D

WARNING: IF YOUR COMPUTER IS NOT A WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER, THIS ADVENTURE MAY PRODUCE POTENTIALLY UNDESIRABLE RESULTS! PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MyNameIsKooky on Thu May 01, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:06 pm

I looked in the editor (which also became corrupted until I exited it :lol: ). None of it made any sense. :lol: :lol: :lol:
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:10 pm

Well this mechanism was rather awsome :o

MAKES ME WONDER HOW HE EVEN MADE IT :stinkylol:
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 pm

Interesting hack. This was first used for the weird coins in The End 6, wasn't it?
One serious glitch, though: Loading the first wlv with all the giant messed-up structures causes an AIOOB.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:48 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Interesting hack. This was first used for the weird coins in The End 6, wasn't it?
Yes. That weird coin effect in The End 6 was actually completely unintentional though. It took me a little time to figure out why it was happening. :)
Wonderman109 wrote:One serious glitch, though: Loading the first wlv with all the giant messed-up structures causes an AIOOB.
Hm, weird. I've never run into that problem myself.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:20 pm

I don't know what's going on but somehow my music and sound volume got set to 0. I set them back again, but that was strange. Not sure if it happened before or after playing the WA Corruptor.

I also somehow managed to break my keyboard mode, which is terribly inconvenient. It's a permanent effect, closing the game did not help and neither did clicking the "Mouse/Keyboard" option. I can no longer move with the arrow keys. That's too bad, because all my timing skills come from keyboard movement. I'm not sure if the WA Corruptor is related to that, but if it is, then I love to hate you right now. Even if it's an unhappy accident, it's quite an astonishing one. Then again, it's probably not related and just a weird glitch of my editor copy.

Seeing corrupted textures in other adventures feels incredibly weird. It's like seeing something exhibiting extraordinary, paranormal properties that shouldn't be able to exist. That weird. It feels like reality just broke and imploded upon itself.

For bonus points, do try and play corrupted versions of The End. It's strange, it's goofy, it's creepy.

WA Corruptor = ALL OF MY WHAT
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Muzozavr wrote:I also somehow managed to break my keyboard mode, which is terribly inconvenient. It's a permanent effect, closing the game did not help and neither did clicking the "Mouse/Keyboard" option. I can no longer move with the arrow keys. That's too bad, because all my timing skills come from keyboard movement. I'm not sure if the WA Corruptor is related to that, but if it is, then I love to hate you right now. Even if it's an unhappy accident, it's quite an astonishing one. Then again, it's probably not related and just a weird glitch of my editor copy.
Sounds to me like your settings file got messed up somehow. Similar things have happened a few times before this adventure was released, so I doubt it's related. Plus the mechanism only modifies model data in memory anyway.

I think I'll take a look at settings files sometime soon. Maybe make an application that repairs them if they're broken.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:18 pm

There's a file you can delete that will regenerate itself and let you change the settings correctly again.. I think it was global.wdf but I'm not sure.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:33 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:20 am

Emerald141 wrote:congratulations good sir, you've broken my brain
i had no idea that was possible
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:38 am

opens level: instant MAV
Apparently my game doesn't want to be corrupted :(
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:58 pm

I'm under the impression that this is one of those glitches that vary by computer, so maybe the effect takes up too much memory from yours.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:32 pm

samuelthx wrote:opens level: instant MAV
A few people have told me they have the same problem. It worked for them after they tried a few times.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:52 pm

I have to admit that I've been too afraid to try this...

what with the sound going out and my universe breaking and all.

If mine breaks, I want to be the one that does it. :shock:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:57 pm

For those of you having problems with your sound and controls and stuff, have my compensation :P: http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25755