New Adventure - Seven Gates

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
md
Rainbow Master

New Adventure - Seven Gates

Post by md » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:29 am

I haven't posted an adventure in a while, so I thought I might as well. This adventure is called Seven Gates.
You must, in sequential order, open each gate and solve a challenge. This will eventually lead to the final gate containing the Gold Star.

In terms of difficulty, the adventure requires thinking, though most people shouldn't find it overly perplexing.
It is more of a vexatious and mildly tedious type of level, albeit still enjoyable.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by md on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:23 am

This was a tricky elements-usage and Grow puzzle! I had to restart a few times (and come to a few realisations) before I managed to nail this.
Very clever, thanks! :)

EDIT: is there even a way to win without the coins? :P
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 am

samuelthx wrote:This was a tricky elements-usage and Grow puzzle! I had to restart a few times (and come to a few realisations) before I managed to nail this.
Very clever, thanks! :)

EDIT: is there even a way to win without the coins? :P
Thank you for your feedback.

As for the coins, it involves a very tedious process, which I would understand for anyone to not bother.
Especially if you have better things to do, since it isn't really a challenge, per se.
It involves using the MooBots (i.e. use the turtle to form a bridge to the MooBots, and work from there).
Along with incessant trips back and forth to place Grow magic and press the Orange button, it requires the use of all 3 MooBots (at least with my solution, and from what I recall).
If you bothered to copy and paste this signature, or zoom in, to make it possible to read, then I wasted 5-10 seconds of your life.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 am

md wrote:As for the coins, it involves a very tedious process, which I would understand for anyone to not bother.
Especially if you have better things to do, since it isn't really a challenge, per se.
It involves using the MooBots (i.e. use the turtle to form a bridge to the MooBots, and work from there).
Along with incessant trips back and forth to place Grow magic and press the Orange button, it requires the use of all 3 MooBots (at least with my solution, and from what I recall).
Oh, this is how I did it.
Use the turtle in the room with the orange button and gems to bridge the spikeyball over.
Send the spikeyball over to the green-gated room (with the coins and indigo gate and all) to destroy the barrel. Guide the turtle into the water tile with the now deactivated bridge.
Guide the spikeyball to continuously press the blue timer and bridge button. The submerged turtle should come into the main area.
Using grow, go into the transporter room and arrange the transporters so that the turtle can reach the indigo button. Then guide the turtle into the room (and use grow to manipulate it at the same time.
Guide the turtle into the room with the coins and trap it so it continuously presses the pink timer.
Collect the coins and get the star.
Honestly, I prefer my solution, as the Moobot one sounds very, very tedious :P
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:09 am

samuelthx wrote:
md wrote:As for the coins, it involves a very tedious process, which I would understand for anyone to not bother.
Oh, this is how I did it.
Use the turtle in the room with the orange button and gems to bridge the spikeyball over.
Send the spikeyball over to the green-gated room (with the coins and indigo gate and all) to destroy the barrel. Guide the turtle into the water tile with the now deactivated bridge.
Guide the spikeyball to continuously press the blue timer and bridge button. The submerged turtle should come into the main area.
Using grow, go into the transporter room and arrange the transporters so that the turtle can reach the indigo button. Then guide the turtle into the room (and use grow to manipulate it at the same time.
Guide the turtle into the room with the coins and trap it so it continuously presses the pink timer.
Collect the coins and get the star.
Honestly, I prefer my solution, as the Moobot one sounds very, very tedious :P
Wait, you said that you used the turtle to activate the purple switch (which is already activating the indigo gate)? Did you mean the Spikeyball?

Anyway, I see what you did. Not quite sure how I missed that; it was a mistake on my behalf. I intended the MooBot solution for the coins. :oops:

I'll keep that solution for now, since I can't be bothered re-evaluating the adventure (I have other projects to work on).
I have modified the adventure to remove the MooBot solution, and re-uploaded it, since it is unnecessary keeping that solution.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:59 am

Oops! Yeah, I meant the spikeyball :P
md
Rainbow Master

Post by md » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:49 pm

Oh, and forgot to mention...

The intended solution without the coins is to do what you did. But instead, for the last part, guide the Spikeyball into the indigo gate area, then run to the purple gate.
The Spikeyball would step on the purple timer, and easily open the gate for you. The coins would prevent the Spikeball from falling into the water.

However, when doing my calculations, I accidentally missed what you did.
If I were to redesign the adventure, then I would make a completely different puzzle for the last part.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Adventure - Seven Gates

Post by Jutomi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:41 pm

8.5 years later: My, this was a very fun (and tricky!) adventure! Quite smart, a thorough use of grow, and interconnected without being unreasonably so. A bit timing-sensitive, but as someone who's made many an adventure with timing as a consequence of a smart solve (and not solely to be obnoxious), I can very much sympathize. Regardless, I very much enjoyed it. :)

Not sure if I solved this the "intended" way or the "other" way, but either way it was still a challenge :lol:

My video solution~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.