Old Adventure: Rainbow Split: The Jade Jungle

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Old Adventure: Rainbow Split: The Jade Jungle

Post by ab-47 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:18 pm

It's been a while since I contributed in Pcpuzzle Forums, so it's time to do something to support this community, rather than providing feedback on other people's levels.

This is one of the best levels I ever made, as it is well-detailed, tricky challenges, and a promising story to unfold, I hope.

It'll require a special track for the level http://www.mediafire.com/?c169xp8xdd1xza1
It'll also require StinkerSquad's Spectra jade texture http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23917

Make sure you add the custom content in the "Custom" file in order to load any unofficial WA media, Goodluck! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Wow! This level is great! :shock:

I think you've done a great adventure and I really liked it. Didn't get any gems though. I would just like to mention two errors, the first is a major bug; when you return to the chomper chase area after dealing with the repairman, if you go north, you end up stuck out of bounds in the same area. Also, for the rainbow key area, I managed to succeed without using the orange, cyan, or green buttons nor the Pop charger and I was still left with one extra brr charge after using only three of the chargers.

Other than that, that was awesome! That Megaman X5 music can get on my nerves sometimes though. Anyway, keep up with the good work, I'll expect more great levels from you. :D
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:04 am

This was a very interesting adventure with many baffling puzzles, especially the very first gates puzzle! I had to take quite some time before I could get the gem!

Speaking of gems, I only collected 1 out of 4. Could I know where the other gems are? I couldn't find them :(

Thanks for this well-thought out adventure!

...this means I have completed the ab-47 repertoire as of now. :lol: Hope to see more from you! ;)
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:43 am

Bravo to samuelthx for winning all of my WAE3 adventures (so far), and for destroying most of them with alternative solutions. :lol:

Regarding your question: I've kept some gems close to the trees in the first area of the adventure, but obviously you can't get in there unless you have finished a good portion of the level. :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Old Adventure: Rainbow Split: The Jade Jungle

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:23 am

A nice level with some clever puzzles. Took me a while to figure out that first one. The button maze. I spent *HOURS* trying to solve it with the gem the other day, and the best I could do was get to the gem, but not past the Red, Orange, and Yellow gates blocking me from the end - I came back today, and while re-analyzing it, I somehow realized something I hadn't before. I re-figured out my afforementioned gem solution, then implemented that new realization - *LO AND BEHOLD, IT WORKED.* The worst part, though, is that I SHOULD HAVE REALIZED IT BEFORE. Suffice it to say I felt really dumb after that... Aaaaanyway. I only found 2/4 gems. The afforementioned one, and one near the entrance to the Dragonturtle room. Any hints about the other two? From what Ab-47 said, it sounds like gems 2, 3, and 4 are in the same area, but I can't seem to find them...
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:08 am

Hey! I can't remember where exactly did I put the gems, but I'm pretty sure I hid some of them behind some trees (it's quite old, sorry I fail to remember.) :oops:
LEVEL LIS1
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:31 am

I found one of them there, but I couldn't find the others. If the other two are there, then they're in some very specific spots the likes of which are impossible to see no matter what you do...
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:55 am

AGEOLD BUMP
rainbowmon wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:31 am
I found one of them there, but I couldn't find the others. If the other two are there, then they're in some very specific spots the likes of which are impossible to see no matter what you do...
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh it turns out only one of them is under a tree while the last two are behind fake walls..... :oops:

9 years, 9 years since this has been released, and 2 years later it got remastered for WAE3. As much as I wasn't a big fan of the first and last puzzles, I'm quite impressed with how good this adventure is nonetheless.

I was quite hesitant whether or not I'll be doing a video solution for this level, but after giving it a bit of thought I assumed it'll be better to line up with the rest of the video solutions I already released (Still no plans for the Hidden Archives solutions yet.)

SOLUTION
LEVEL LIS1