Adventure #4 "Out of This World"

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
InvisibleWater6512
Platinum Wonderlander

Adventure #4 "Out of This World"

Post by InvisibleWater6512 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:05 pm

==The Island of Dr. Narciso==
1: Voyage to Castle Kether
2: The Phantom Society
3: Out of This World
4: TBA
5: TBA
6: TBA

You have discovered that the mysterious castle you have infiltrated is the headquarters of an evil organization that wants to recreate Wonderland in their own image. Knowing that your presence is dangerous for them, they lock you in the dungeon.

While looking for an escape route, you discover a library full of keycards and a room that appears to be some kind of burial chamber. Could this be your way out?

Requires my music pack (Version 5 atm), MNIK's music pack, jdl's Cloudworld texture, and TheThaumaturge's Spectrum of Stars textures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by InvisibleWater6512 on Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:05 pm

What do you do at the big lake with the single yellow star trail in it? Good adventure so far.
InvisibleWater6512
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by InvisibleWater6512 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Use Grow magic to redirect the star trail. If you see waterfalls, you've reached your destination.
However, the solution only works when the puzzle is working. You're going to have to redownload it. :oops:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 am

The star trail was stuck in the middle of the lake, so I had to redownload and start over. It's a shame; that part was right near the end too. A good rule of thumb is to make sure you can get Gold on your adventure before releasing it.

Another good rule of thumb (in most cases, anyway) is to test every unique LevelExit that you place. There was some weirdness going on in the last Rainbow Bubble place. :P

Also, I understand that it's sort of a stylistic thing, but sometimes I missed LevelExits because of how they're inside walls. I actually missed the LevelExit near the orange teleporter in the lava area for a while because the "fake"/passageway walls there look so similar to the real ones at a glance. It would probably be more player-friendly (in a good way :lol:) if the LevelExits were visible. That's just me, though.

Those issues aside, I had fun with this adventure. I thoroughly enjoyed exploring and collecting rainbow things (rainbow things are nice)! I liked the way you apply all the stars to the star wall thingy. The Rainbow Bubble place had an aura of mystery, which is always cool. It was great fun, and thank you very much for making this adventure! I'll be looking forward to more works from you. :D
tucker27
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tucker27 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:22 pm

Can u upload the begging of this adventure Jutomi
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

The Begging

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Well, I would like to play through this adventure, yes. :)

Though, I don't know if I'd be recording it since I didn't record the other three. :|

Still, I would like to play this some time;
once I have enough time between the editor and other games. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
tucker27
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tucker27 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:40 am

Can u list the steps on how to download the files and the download
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 pm

Hello! I've gotten the green, purple, blue, yellow stars, but I can'y get through the four fire gates, because I only found three of the keys. I've also gotten a stone key, but I don't know where else to go. Halp!

By the way, this was a very good adventure!
You posed dramatically.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:41 pm

tucker27 wrote:Can u list the steps on how to download the files and the download
Tucker, before you ask questions like this, look around the forum and the post to figure out if they've already been answered. The stickied post by MS in this forum gives brief instructions on how to download adventures. If they're not detailed enough for you, the stickied post in the original WAE Custom Adventures forum goes into more detail, although it does have some archaic information which you'll need to modify slightly. As for the textures and icons, InvisibleWater gives instructions in the first post, under the description field of the attachments where to put all the things.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:39 pm

loofisawesome wrote:Hello! I've gotten the green, purple, blue, yellow stars, but I can'y get through the four fire gates, because I only found three of the keys. I've also gotten a stone key, but I don't know where else to go. Halp!
In the room west of the fire gate room, there's a fake wall by the orange teleporter that takes you to a Fireflower battle room. You'll be able to obtain another key in there.

As for the stone key, check the room east of the fire gates. The Brr shooters there exist for a reason. :wink:
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:39 am

Thank you! I've progressed, but I can't find the last two rainbow keys. I found one in the fire area, and in the flying blink one.
You posed dramatically.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:43 am

There's one rainbow key in each area (i.e. one per teleporter from the "hub" room). Make sure to double-check each area after you've collected the stars in them, as sometimes the rainbow key can only be accessed after the rest of the area has been completed.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:06 pm

I feel like I'm missing a star in the blue area (the ice one). Is the indigo star in there somewhere?
You posed dramatically.
DerpzSpycrab
Gold Wonderlander

Post by DerpzSpycrab » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:46 pm

loofisawesome wrote:I feel like I'm missing a star in the blue area (the ice one). Is the indigo star in there somewhere?
a spoiler wrote:Yes, the indigo star is there. Go down to the south end and there should be a flash charger. You can figure out the rest.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:02 pm

Okay, I'm starting to feel really stupid now. What to I do with the flash charger? Do I have to try to flash myself like in the last adventure?
You posed dramatically.
InvisibleWater6512
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by InvisibleWater6512 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:23 pm

Use the ice wall to reflect the flash spellball.
This should also make the rainbow key appear.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Okay, but WHERE?
You posed dramatically.
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Nevermind, just completed it! This adventure was really great!
You posed dramatically.
tucker27
Rainbow Wonderlander

Adventures

Post by tucker27 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Can u upload it later today
sonicoll
Gold Wonderlander

Post by sonicoll » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:12 am

Is this adventure solvable with gold? I can't find some of the gems.
InvisibleWater6512
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by InvisibleWater6512 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:00 am

sonicoll wrote:Is this adventure solvable with gold? I can't find some of the gems.
Yes.
Some of the gems are hidden behind fake walls and CMD1 tiles
sonicoll
Gold Wonderlander

Post by sonicoll » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:55 am

I just can't find all of the gems. Could you give me one more hint about where they are?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Out of This World!

Post by Jutomi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:57 pm

This adventure really was out of this world! ... In ways more than one. ;)

It really was good. I think I liked it even more than the two before it, so well worth the redo. :)

Here's the link to the redone version, where I'll post my video solutions. I have none for this version, though. :P

http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 114#363114
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.