My 2nd Level - Magic Room Challenge

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

My 2nd Level - Magic Room Challenge

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:04 am

It's been a while since I've posted a level, hasn't it?

This one's actually a pretty old one, I made it over a year ago. I'm probably going to include it in one of my hubs (if I ever get around to making them), but since I've been posting so rarely lately, I sort of just wanted to throw it out here. :wink:

Most of you will recognize the setting, although I've changed it around quite a bit. :)

Enjoy! :D

EDIT: Uploaded v2, removing Jutomi's alternate solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Wonderland King on Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello!

I'm stuck at the brr part and have no idea what I should do next. May I have a little hint? :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:06 am

Maddeningly cryptic. (Don't read unless you're desperate!) :twisted:
The whole level centers around the Brr part.
No worries, I'll post more on the solution later. :)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:19 am

Now that I'm back from vacation, here's more on the solution, as promised. (Divided into two parts, as you can see.)

Again: Don't read it unless you're desperate! :wink:
The Brr room seems impossible, doesn't it?

Well, it is. At least if you play by the rules. So here's what you need to do:
Head to the Brr room first. Charge your gloves with all four Brrs - first, you need to get three of the mushroom gates open. Freeze a Spikeyball in the lower left corner so the top-left button will be pressed, and freeze a Spikeyball at the top (don't forget to freeze the water at the top too!) so that the two buttons on the right are pressed. Now that every button is pressed except the one in the lower left corner, you can grab the key and leave the Brr room with one Brr charge left. If you still can't figure out what to do, see the next part.
Throughout the rest of the level, you will go into a room with one charge and leave with another. After leaving the Brr room, use the extra Brr charge to complete the Floing room with an extra Floing charge. Continuing this pattern, the order of the rooms from here on is Blink, Pow, Flash, Grow, Pop, and finally you can use your extra Pop charge to press the button in the Brr room.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Challenging

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:56 am

Hello, Wonderland King!

It was really nice to see you release another adventure. :mrgreen:

I have to say, I got quite stuck on the blue puzzle, and nearly gave up.

- in fact I did, but then I came back to it. :lol:

I remembered semi-accidentally skimping through one of the hints, being something about the blue room,
so in my recording of these four videos, I spent the first three figuring out what that was. :lol:

I hope you enjoy - feel free to skip these first three. :?

Fail videos:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Actual Success:
Part 4
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:52 am

Thanks for the videos, and glad you liked it! :) Although your 2nd video wasn't a failure - you broke my level! :shock: I'll update it to fix it so
you can't directly trade a Brr for a Pop - that way, you have to go through an exchange in each room. Like I said, I'm not very good at finding alternate solutions in my own levels. :wink:
(And also, to make your life a little easier, before getting the green key, you can go down all the way, and then put the Growflower above you. It just saves a little time.)
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:38 am

Uploaded v2.