The Mysterious Duck: Parts 1-19: Greatest Hits Edition

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

The Mysterious Duck: Parts 1-19: Greatest Hits Edition

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:51 am

The Mysterious Duck is a long-running tennis series between myself and Master Wonder Mage that started in July of 2011, and it is Wonderland Adventures' first tennis of all time (and the longest one too, at least at the time this topic was posted)!

I have taken the time to revamp the series in the past, but now I've decide to revamp them AGAIN (rerevamp?) to create the best duck-filled experience possible.

Here's what can be expected from this version of the first 19 parts of The Mysterious Duck:
- Streamlined gameplay! Sections that people said were too frustrating have been made much easier. Plus, some puzzle objectives that were originally unclear have now been made a clearer. A few rooms have been entirely replaced, too.
- A ton of new dialogue! New interchanges on many existing dialogues have been added to help the story flow better. Plus, pretty much every NPC that didn't have dialogue before has dialogue now! Plenty of additional backstory has been added via dialogue too, rewarding those who enjoy talking to NPCs a lot.
- Improved scenery! Yes.
- Enhanced continuity! Areas that are revisited at later points in time are now nearly identical their predecessors. Veterans of the series might even notice some new rooms added to certain adventures for this very purpose.
- All characters now have non-Stinky 1 voices! I actually went to the trouble of replacing every single Stinker NPC object in the series to facilitate this. You better appreciate it! :twisted: Oh, also, the Duckoids actually sound like ducks now.
- An enormous number of bugfixes, including stuff I missed in the original revamps.
- Bonus content! Every bookshelf in the series can now be interacted with by the player character (inspired by the bookshelves in Part 16's Officer Building). Additionally, nearly every arcade machine (except the ones in Part 10 and Part 12 due to there being way too freaking many in one place) has an associated arcade game that you can now play (so if you find any really weird arcade games in any of Master Wonder Mage's parts, you know who to blame ;) ).
- I added a bad ending to Part 3 for some reason. Because absurd amounts of endings are a tradition of The Mysterious Duck.

The following assets are required for the optimal game experience. Make sure to install them before playing!
Deluxe Ducks
MWM's WA3E Music Pack
Kooky's WA3E Music Pack

And here's the download link to the adventures themselves along with some additional required assets: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tjzq6d2zyot3 ... E.zip?dl=0
Last edited by MyNameIsKooky on Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:52 am

DAE GET QUACKIN
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:52 am

Sammy_P wrote:GET QUACKIN
I swear I've heard that joke before.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:55 am

Sammy_P wrote:DAE GET QUACKIN
I feel like I literally just read this sentence earlier today. Weird, huh?
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:52 pm

Oho, the forum has been active recently! I like the look of this. :D

(Please tell me there's a Howard the Duckoid reference on one of those bookshelves)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:35 am

Oh yeah, these were good. The Mysterious Duck is good. The books and games were good. Good good good.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
DerpzSpycrab
Gold Wonderlander

Post by DerpzSpycrab » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:52 pm

The room with the keys and chompers in part 6, the room with the tons of barrels and Duckoids in part 8, and the very first area in part 10 are causing A LOT of lag.
Has this been happening to anybody else?
nothing to see here yet
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:11 am

The other people who had played this series didn't report any such lag. It's probably your computer in particular. Is the lag making it unplayable, or is it just a minor inconvenience?

At some point (if/when I feel like it) I could probably go back and optimize the TMD7 Chomper room (I assume that's what you're talking about since there were no non-mechanism Chompers in TMD6) and the TMD8 barrel room by removing things, but there's not really much I can do about TMD10's first area.
DerpzSpycrab
Gold Wonderlander

Post by DerpzSpycrab » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:The other people who had played this series didn't report any such lag. It's probably your computer in particular. Is the lag making it unplayable, or is it just a minor inconvenience?

At some point (if/when I feel like it) I could probably go back and optimize the TMD7 Chomper room (I assume that's what you're talking about since there were no non-mechanism Chompers in TMD6) and the TMD8 barrel room by removing things, but there's not really much I can do about TMD10's first area.
The first two were minor, but the one in TMD10 makes it pretty much unplayable. It's wierd that my computer was able to handle the last re-release just fine, but not this one.

UPDATE: I actually found the problem. Apparently syncing it with Steam was causing the lag.
nothing to see here yet
Celebi543
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Celebi543 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:26 pm

Can you give us the download links to your adventures, MyNameIsKooky? I've been dying to playing them for forever. :lol:
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:36 pm

Celebi543 wrote:Can you give us the download links to your adventures, MyNameIsKooky? I've been dying to playing them for forever. :lol:
The links are there. I notice this is your first post though - files uploaded directly to the forum won't be visible unless you're logged in.

Oh, and welcome! :)
Celebi543
Silver Wonderlander

Post by Celebi543 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:09 pm

yot yot5 wrote:
Celebi543 wrote:Can you give us the download links to your adventures, MyNameIsKooky? I've been dying to playing them for forever. :lol:
The links are there. I notice this is your first post though - files uploaded directly to the forum won't be visible unless you're logged in.

Oh, and welcome! :)
Thanks for the tip, dude. Now I can finally play MyNameIsKooky's adventures. Oh, and thanks for the welcome.
Last edited by Celebi543 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: The Mysterious Duck: Parts 1-19: Greatest Hits Edition

Post by ab-47 » Sun May 08, 2022 4:16 am

QUACK- Erm... BUMP

I finished it, all 19 parts (turns out I played part 19 years ago but I couldn't remember it at all). It started off as a humorous adventure, and later on developed into a more complex and serious plot, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I'm the type of guy who pays little attention to storylines (at times I just wanna play and not read at all), but this one definitely was interesting as it was so engaging!

Thank you for making this, MNIK and MWM. Your work remains timeless to this day, hopefully The Mysterious Duck will blast again with part 20 (no pressure on you two, though, you did a great thing here!) :D
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: The Mysterious Duck: Parts 1-19: Greatest Hits Edition

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat May 21, 2022 1:25 pm

Surprisingly enough, I have made some good TMD20 progress this year. Unfortunately, need to retune my life about 3 more times before I can resume that, but, despite my superficial inactivity, there are happenings under the surface.