34th Adventure: Smothersome Magic Puzzle

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

34th Adventure: Smothersome Magic Puzzle

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:57 pm

Three months? Has it really been that long?

My life's been a bit hectic recently. My exam results came out a few days ago and it turns out I met my Oxford offer. I'm really happy of course, but also pretty terrified and I've found myself increasingly nostalgic for the good ol' days when all I ever did was design adventures and play Runescape.

Anyway, I decided I should indulge in some adventure-building before heading off to University, so I re-downloaded the editor and made this little puzzle. It's very small (only eight-by-eight) and shouldn't take you too long to solve, but hopefully you enjoy it! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:35 am

It's good to see a few fragments of the Hexagon still exist off of Epigam.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:20 am

Hey, it's nice to hear from you again! Congratulations on getting into Oxford, and best of luck over the next few years! :D

As for this adventure, it's actually pretty evi- I mean, well designed, of course. :razz:. While I did come very close at one point, I'm afraid I'm not quite there yet. Is one of the steps in the solution to
put a Floing bubble two spaces south of the yellow key and Pop the lower transporter into it so I can safely collect the key?
Thanks! :)
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Creeperpasta » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:03 am

Wonderland King wrote:Hey, it's nice to hear from you again! Congratulations on getting into Oxford, and best of luck over the next few years! :D

As for this adventure, it's actually pretty evi- I mean, well designed, of course. :razz:. While I did come very close at one point, I'm afraid I'm not quite there yet. Is one of the steps in the solution to
put a Floing bubble two spaces south of the yellow key and Pop the lower transporter into it so I can safely collect the key?
I got to that part as well and am able to
collect both blue and yellow keys.
Also, there's this "bug" that bothers me, I don't know if this is an issue, but
can't you flash a spikey ball while it's in a closed cage? I mean I can, but it requires that the cage must be open to flash him back.. I just wonder if it was intended to be that way, since the pushbot can get trapped if I did as I mentioned.
But boy it does make me feel stupid for taking hours to solve such, I haven't yet, but I will XD.

I also wonder if the intended final part was
to flash the spikey ball to the colored switches, somehow freeze it first and/or use grow to lock him in. Or maybe the push bot??? XD
Oh and congrats! You're so awesome X)
Please donate some crackers for my pet parrot.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks for the comments! It's nice to see that WA is still being played by some people. :)
Wonderland King wrote:Is one of the steps in the solution to put a Floing bubble two spaces south of the yellow key and Pop the lower transporter into it so I can safely collect the key?
Yes, that is part of the solution.
Creeperpasta wrote:I don't know if this is an issue, but can't you flash a spikey ball while it's in a closed cage? I mean I can, but it requires that the cage must be open to flash him back.. I just wonder if it was intended to be that way, since the pushbot can get trapped if I did as I mentioned.
That's not an issue, no. I did realise that glitch while designing the adventure, but I don't think it impacts my solution.
Creeperpasta wrote:I also wonder if the intended final part was to flash the spikey ball to the colored switches, somehow freeze it first and/or use grow to lock him in. Or maybe the push bot??? XD
You're on the right track! Try thinking about how those wooden buttons could effect who or what is pressing the indigo and purple buttons.
Oh and congrats! You're so awesome X)
Thanks!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:08 pm

I still can't figure out if any of the magic charges are decoys or not... I got really close to solving this several times, but there's always a thing or two at the end. Really good puzzle, yotyot, and fun too. I can see your style in this one a lot.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Hi yot yot. :)

Brilliant puzzle! I've spent the whole time trying to figure out how to arrange the solution, and it turns out I've been doing the whole thing the other way around. :lol:

Thank you for the puzzle! It was really good, and I hope to see more of your work when you are done with the academic year, good luck with college! :D
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:31 pm

ab-47 wrote:Brilliant puzzle! I've spent the whole time trying to figure out how to arrange the solution, and it turns out I've been doing the whole thing the other way around. :lol:
Congratulations on being the first to solve it!
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Hi yotyot! I was having lots of trouble with this until I recalled a certain behaviour of moobots...

Unfortunately, I've not finished this yet (I'm really close though!), although it has proven to be a challenging puzzle thus far. I'd like to ask a question before I continue to ponder over your puzzle...
question wrote:Does the solution involve shooting a Brr spell while flying? I think it is possible to solve this if I do that, but it doesn't seem like your style.
If it doesn't, please don't give me any additional hints. :lol:
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:41 pm

samuelthx wrote:
question wrote:Does the solution involve shooting a Brr spell while flying? I think it is possible to solve this if I do that, but it doesn't seem like your style.
answer wrote:I personally wouldn't say that is outside of my style - it's a relatively common puzzle element. However, I'm pretty sure it's not a part of the solution to this particular adventure.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:48 pm

This was brilliant! What really impressed me here was the supremely economical use of elements and walls. I think that my solution was the intended one (due to the elegance of it), but I'd like to confirm that:
HUGE SPOILER wrote:The moobot is sprung onto the Brr pad!
yot yot5 wrote:I personally wouldn't say that is outside of my style - it's a relatively common puzzle element
The reason I thought it was outside of your style was because shooting the spell while flying in this case would almost always result in me freezing myself. :lol:
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:11 pm

samuelthx wrote:I think that my solution was the intended one (due to the elegance of it)
Don't worry, that was the intended solution! And I'm glad you think it's elegant - I certainly think the final few moves are immensely satisfying to discover. :D
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: 34th Adventure: Smothersome Magic Puzzle

Post by ab-47 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:57 am

SMOTHERING BUMP

I wonder if there's an even smaller, more complicated puzzle as this. It was fun nonetheless! :D

SOLUTION
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]