Wonderland Adventures: Beyond Time and Space HUB[UPDATE-3]

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Wonderland Adventures: Beyond Time and Space HUB[UPDATE-3]

Post by Creeperpasta » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:07 am

Here's a list of updates:
  • 1 - concept of time and space travel now based on floing as well.
    2[9-12-16] - Screenshots and some questions (Please check below!!)
    3[10-31-16] - Adventure 3 uploaded
Hi guys! I'm working on a *slightly* small new hub, which is to come
with less than 100 adventures. Maybe even lesser than expected,
since I'm certainly not good at making adventures :oops:, but I hope it
turns out to be successful.

The hub will have about 65-80 percent of custom content that I'm doing, so it will take quite a while.

Now, the hub doesn't have a proper title yet! But there is one in line.
If you have any ideas, please recommend! You can survey more about
this hub by reading further:

1.) Title [currently: Beyond Time and Space]
I'm still looking and thinking of a new title so that it sound less cliche and unique.
But for now, I guess I can proceed.
I made a logo for it, which I can customize anytime, since I have the psd file for it.

The upper part is not really made by MS, and certain differences can
be seen. The star is a bit "fatter", the font used is a bit different.
But I had some fun remaking one.

2.) Plot As you have guessed, yes it has something to do with time travel.

But anyways, the plot goes like this:

Peace and order has been restored in Wonderland, once again. Ten "Stinker" years later, a mysterious blue and red-tinged stone has been discovered,
which appears to have the strongest form of flash and flow magic. Along with it came strange disappearance cases of stinkers, and mysterious portals
that lead through different dimensions in different times. Even the star council cannot tell of its origins,
but one thing is for sure - the answer to the mystery must be beyond time and space.

Cheesy, yes? But I tried. So there may be some unexplained points which will be explained further

3.)Gameplay
Here's some adventure notes:
  • >Players will be able to explore a new side of Wonderland - Apple Grove - (A sort of extension by the Wonderfalls. Yeah, it's fan-made)
    >Apple Grove HUB will link you to worlds of different times.
    SPOILER ALERT:
    The mysterious stone can summon you back to wonderland, anywhere from the current dimension('cept adventures)! SHH!
    >Shop features that update from time-to-time that aid side quests (come back from time-to-time)
    >Rescue Stinkers and restore Apple Grove's community. (But it's not like everyone's gone)
    >Boss Battles? Maybe nein but I'm looking into it
    > About 10 adventures for each of the 7 worlds.
4.)Worlds under different times:

Here is a list of all the (tentative) worlds(Excluding Apple Grove and a wild card). Please do recommend changes:
Shry Mountains Years Future - A medieval world setup in a blue magical world
Weldonire Years Future - A mechanical steampunk world filled with Gears and enigmatic puzzles.(And lava)
Crystal World(Will be renamed) Years Past - Do not be fooled by the riches. Danger is imminent.
Dark Hive Years Past - A yellow ominous world within deep space.
Undercove Years Past - Due to the violent storms of the world, creatures have dwelt within and under in a massive temple network.

[UPDATE 3]

So it's been almost 2 month since I started. So far, I haven't been so active with either this project or with the community. I'm putting up with maintaining a 1.5 ^ TWA for the term, though I miserably failed last term, ending up with 1.5167 T_T Anyways, still can do this !!! So in the mean time, here's a sample adventure. There's not much to think about at all. In fact, you might find it waaay easy. I'm not really with the intention to do a learning curve progression, but it might seem that way. The only thing to cry about is the 10-second lag because of the hub :'(. I'm trying in all efforts to make a somewhat large-chunked hub with less lags and more explorations. You might also find that the HUB will not allow you to have a spy-eye or a glove as soon as possible as hinted in the game, but I can tell you that it will be very easy to obtain them. Though I still don't like how the spy-eye extends too far, it bothers me that using it apparently makes the HUB less seamless, but eh, it is very handy to have them around. Apologies for the inactivity.

X( both files exceed the attachment limit. I might resort to Mega or Mediafire next time around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Creeperpasta on Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Please donate some crackers for my pet parrot.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 am

Creeperpasta wrote:Cheesy, yes? But I tried. So there may be some unexplained points which will be explained further

3.)Gameplay
Here's some adventure notes:
  • >Players will be able to explore a new side of Wonderland - Apple Grove - (A sort of extension by the Wonderfalls. Yeah, it's fan-made)
    >Apple Grove HUB will link you to different worlds in different eras.

Here is a list of all the (tentative) worlds(Excluding Apple Grove and a wild card). Please do recommend changes:
    Shry Mountains - A medieval world setup in a blue magical world
I was attracted here by the world "Cheesy", which is also know as Cheese.

Now, I need to say something that i noticed. Apple Grove AND Shry Mountains are based off of those two leveltextures that you made.

I liked the idea for your hub, and I can't wait for the demo! (If you make one soon.) (PLEASE MAKE ONE!) :)
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Indeed

Post by Creeperpasta » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:51 am

FinnThor wrote: I was attracted here by the world "Cheesy", which is also know as Cheese.

Now, I need to say something that i noticed. Apple Grove AND Shry Mountains are based off of those two leveltextures that you made.

I liked the idea for your hub, and I can't wait for the demo! (If you make one soon.) (PLEASE MAKE ONE!) :)
So I will put color everytime I say cheese ^_^ I do like it when it's melted :O.. It makes me feel hungry.

Yes, Apple Grove and Shry mountains are names of the level textures I made. And yes, I will be using them in the hub. Apple Grove's still not quite done yet. I'm trying to make fixes and modifications here and there.

Thank you! And I might not do a demo :( *emphasis on might*, since it takes the element of excitement away. Though I will update with images, and perhaps some adventures that may come in the game.

As for now, I still need suggestions and opinions for the working title. I'm not sure if you will like the massive hub levels idea though. Right now, I'm halfway done with this currently stinkerless hub of northern Apple Grove, and the abundance of pine trees is causing the ten-second initial level load lag. :lol:
Timecrokba
Rainbow Wonderlander

Re: A Hub that must be named!

Post by Timecrokba » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 pm

Creeperpasta wrote:in different eras.
:|
Creeperpasta wrote:I still don't have a proper title for the hub.
Eh, I'm in a creative slump at the moment, especially cause school starts for me today, so I can't give any help with that.

But, perhaps, relating directly to the hub, you should make 2 crystals appear, one blue and one red, Since the blue crystal is connected to flash, it should only work with Future Eras/Worlds/Whatever it is. So thats why you'd have the red floing crystal so you can travel back to the past. (Insert Back to the Future references here) Eitherway, good luck with this hub, and I hope it bares lots of yum, err.., apples and cheese.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Re: A Hub that must be named!

Post by Creeperpasta » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:30 pm

Timecrokba wrote:
Creeperpasta wrote:in different eras.
:|
OH sorry, maybe using the preposition "of" instead, would help? What I mean is, being able to go to a worlds, each of a different time. But it would be awesome to see a custom hub which lets you travel through time in the same place or change seasons like the LoZ Oracle games. I miss it a lot.
Timecrokba wrote:
Creeperpasta wrote:I still don't have a proper title for the hub.
Eh, I'm in a creative slump at the moment, especially cause school starts for me today, so I can't give any help with that.
No pressure, I can work on the hub without the title for now, and I know that sort of feeling. It's almost the middle of the semester break for me. And it depresses me that my term grades won't get me the full scholarship discount for the next term. I'll have to start studying in advance for the next term.
Timecrokba wrote: But, perhaps, relating directly to the hub, you should make 2 crystals appear, one blue and one red, Since the blue crystal is connected to flash, it should only work with Future Eras/Worlds/Whatever it is. So thats why you'd have the red floing crystal so you can travel back to the past. (Insert Back to the Future references here) Eitherway, good luck with this hub, and I hope it bares lots of yum, err.., apples and cheese.
Oh right! My bad. I forgot about flow! I do have to change this. Thank you for the insight.

How about I'll just make one stone for the player to return to Wonderland, and it is tinged with red and blue. Other than that, the portals have red and blue for color XD
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:14 pm

It sounds like a nice, smaller hub for a change. The stone teleportation mechanic would be inserted in each hub level, except for special ones similar to how you can't use shards in the Void, right?
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Hmm

Post by Creeperpasta » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 am

Wonderman109 wrote:It sounds like a nice, smaller hub for a change. The stone teleportation mechanic would be inserted in each hub level, except for special ones similar to how you can't use shards in the Void, right?
Yes. Well, to be honest, it only does one thing.
It brings you back to wonderland from any time and anywhere. Though it surely won't work when you use it in wonderland since the repeated two-tile trigger will be absent. Though it is possible to have one stone for each, but it fills your inventory faster, so just one will do very well. Hmm, now that gives me another idea.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:59 am

This idea has plenty of potential. I'll keep on eye on this topic.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

XD

Post by Creeperpasta » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:53 am

LittleZbot wrote:This idea has plenty of potential. I'll keep on eye on this topic.
Thank you :D
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

UPDATE

Post by Creeperpasta » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:11 am

The Hub-making is still on-going! Here's an update to keep you alive.
This is one of the first few adventure encounters. Decor is less since it could cause a lag when excessive.

This is when you travel to a new world via a portal or your stone. The clock's rotational direction(CW or CCW) and the color of the Whirpools(Red or Blue) determine whether you're going back or forward in time. No indication of which planet though.

So it seems that I also had a whim about how the final boss battle will go.
So far all the adventures and the ideas demand more timing than thinking. But that doesn't mean you don't have to think about it, d'oh. XD

OH! And I hope you guys don't mind if I ask. I know I've made tons, but, I'm quite curious whether everyone here isn't a fan of too much custom content? :oops: Yeah, I've put too much here in there, only because I wanted to do a hub that felt a bit different and exciting. Please let me know if you'd like it less or if it will be fine. Wait out a few more updates and let me know if there's too much.

The installation won't be a problem, since I'm putting the files in their appropriate folders, so that it can be done in one extraction to the waeditor300 folder. I'm also trying to avoid any replacement of any original files, so all the custom wops and textures have a separate name.

Oh, and final question. Would you guys like to have all the custom content be in a separate folder for each category? Like all Leveltextures used will be in a folder called "WABTAS" so that it doesn't mix with all your downloaded CC? I tried it out and it works so far.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:21 am

THE CHEESE IS BACK WITH MORE ANSWERS!!!

First off, You can never have too many custom textures! (In my opinion.)
Second, I'm kind of going for a "different" style of hub too. I'm also using a bunch of custom textures in mine.
Third, I NEED THIS LEVELTEXTURE! THE MORE YOU SHOW IT THE MORE AMAZING IT LOOKS! (That Is Illogical and Unreasonable, But that's what I'm all about.)
Fourth, Sure, organize all the custom content into each category. But that's too logical for me, so what I do to make stuff illogical is put random custom content in random custom content folders.

(I've been very Illogical Recently, and I like it!)
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Hmm

Post by Creeperpasta » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:00 pm

FinnThor wrote:THE CHEESE IS BACK WITH MORE ANSWERS!!!

First off, You can never have too many custom textures! (In my opinion.)
Second, I'm kind of going for a "different" style of hub too. I'm also using a bunch of custom textures in mine.
Third, I NEED THIS LEVELTEXTURE! THE MORE YOU SHOW IT THE MORE AMAZING IT LOOKS! (That Is Illogical and Unreasonable, But that's what I'm all about.)
Fourth, Sure, organize all the custom content into each category. But that's too logical for me, so what I do to make stuff illogical is put random custom content in random custom content folders.

(I've been very Illogical Recently, and I like it!)
Do you mean apple grove? It's almost done, I'm just thinking about how I'm going to use the 8 vacant tiles left. Probably some more indoor tiles. (Though, I don't think it's unreasonable). I'll start de-cluttering in about a few days XD I've made quite a ton of passive ccs, which I've never really uploaded, which is why I asked both questions of whether I should put less, or sort them properly instead. I guess it would be awesome to put a teaser sometime soon. Maybe when I've started 2 more worlds.

EDIT: Ok so I have been very stupid. You can't redirect a leveltexture or a watertexture because the editor appends words such as "leveltex " on the beginning of what I type in the editor. In other words - leveltextures and watertextures cannot be in different folders. Though Custom textures can be.

Another stupid thing I haven't realized is the number of cc trees I placed on the hub! That'd be too tasky to replace them all. So I've decided to move only the WABTAS-specific files to sorted folders. It's better, especially when I upload the CCs individually, people don't have to have duplicates in their folders anymore. *YAY-ly squirming my way out of this mess*
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

XD

Post by Creeperpasta » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:28 am

Sorry if this is what you can still consider a double post,

I'm still working on that transition scene. Adding bits here and there.

It should be easy enough to replicate the maps by copying, pasting and renaming the file.

I haven't had time to settle down, for a while. I'm nearly done with a fifth of a hub, which is the first area where your new house is, (Yas you have a house). There are 4 main parts of Apple Grove - The Northern Outskirts which is where you live, The Caverns, The Main Square, and the Western Outskirts. It will be difficult for me to lay out all of the portals. Doing my best to keep them hidden, though locals will provide hints of the known whereabouts of the missing stinkers. (GCBs are the best thing that's ever happened to me)

It should have 7-8 adventures in the level. So far, I've done 3 of them (Very, very slow progress at the rate of 1 adventure per day. :cry: and not much variation on solutions.) and I'm not sure if it would be difficult or easy as Pie for you, so, maybe I can put at least one up so you can test so far? Since this is a custom adventure, I'm trying to make sure it doesn't start like a walk in the park. The adventures I'm working on are themed, so there's a hint on what to do. The aim is still the same: 100 adventures or less, at least 10 for each location (I'll use this term now, but there is a much more appropriate term for being in another place at a different time, but meh.).

I've laid out the shop system, (disappointing how complex it would be for me to have it using a delivery system to your home. My narrow scope of knowledge only tells me that such a system can only be possible through adventures which can access any level) and there should be 2 of them, one is on a different location.

I already have a deadline for this hub, but not so specific. About next year's early spring I presume. There should be a 30-second teaser by December. Hope it gets finished real soon!
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Creeperpasta » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:34 am

Would this really be double posting?

I've added a demo above for adventure 3. Please see the original post. Thank you :)
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:50 pm

A bit of a bump..? I dunno.

OpenTheGates2 doesn't have the level in the zip.
You posed dramatically.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Oh

Post by Creeperpasta » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:08 am

loofisawesome wrote:A bit of a bump..? I dunno.

OpenTheGates2 doesn't have the level in the zip.
It's only just one level, and if I uploaded the leveltexture with the level in one zip file, I would exceed the limit. my apologies. I will put up the latter uploads on a separate online storage, like cloud or mediafire.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:51 am

I like the idea of this hub--the premise is interesting and the time-travel transition scene looks cool! :lol: If this gets released I'd play it when I have the time :)