Jut's Misfits III B: Advanced Mentality

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Jut's Misfits III B: Advanced Mentality

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:56 am

Click HERE for part A and click HERE for part C

Hello everyone! This is the second of a trilogy of level sets, each containing their own trilogy of adventures!

Yup, that's right! 9 adventures total! But they are all grouped somewhat based on their difficulty and what gameplay is involved (although Part B will be a mixed bag!)

But that's not all: These are all GLITCH adventures! That's right! Now you may ask yourself, "HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?" Well, it's not. Not unless you know the glitch, or test it out yourself. xD

That being said, the entire point of these adventures is to showcase the intended glitch. The scenery is less-than-magnificent (I made these in like two days with a day break in between), but the puzzles themselves, once you know the bug involved, should be short and simple; it should be fairly hard to do anything else, for that matter*!

However, if you get stuck, do NOT be afraid to look at the spoilers I will be posting under each of these (which will have a very similar opening text like this); they will not spoil the solution (for the most part), much less the execution. However, it may spoil things if you enjoy trying to figure out "how does the game break and why?" - which is why the answer is not straight-up given to you in the adventures. (Although the title and description hopefully give you a slight nudge in the right direction :))

Set B is, imo, somewhat of a mixed back. It is definitely the least timing-based set in the trilogy, but there's definitely one adventure which still requires some quick and complex moves (although, I feel particularly good doing them ;)), but its puzzles themselves are of relative difficulty to Set A.

:!: :!: :!: IMPORTANT :!: :!: :!: Set B also features an adventure (The Freezing Point) with a custom texture! I really didn't need to make this, but I felt good about making a distinction between Brr and "Frost" magic - which is basically perma-Brr shot from iceflowers. Note: I legitimately made a "new feature" and the entirety of this adventure because I wanted to force a specific glitch setup. xD (note: it's not a difficult glitch to find.) The filename should be Frostcharge.png; put this in Userdata/Custom/Objecttextures.

P.S. I'm putting all of these in a zip because PCPuzzle has a terrible way of handling it when you want to delete a file specifically. *Also don't be surprised if patches come out because of found alternate solutions. ;p

Edit: P.S. I'm aware there are two separate downloads for this set. PC Puzzle attachment system sucks and it didn't used to, whoever broke it can take a good look at themselves in the magic mirror and pray they don't end up somewhere less than inviting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jutomi on Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Jut's Misfits III B: Advanced Mentality

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:21 am

Glitch Guide:
Break in the Momentum wrote:In fairness, there's not much else you can do! So this adventure features two glitches. The first is the spy-eye floing bubble glitch, which allows you to keep yourself in a floing bubble infinitely if you can get inside of a floing bubble after activating the spy-eye. The question then remains, how does one do this?

The second glitch is what I call the "moonwalk" glitch. So it turns out, while you're walking, you can activate your spy-eye! It's very tricky to, but after clicking on the tile of destination, click on the spy-eye, either through spamming or timing it when you're just about on the center of an individual tile (the more effective method imo), the game will think you're "idle" in the middle of a tile and allow you to have the spy-eye on while walking! Note: you do not turn, and your animation is also indefinite - hence the name "moonwalk" glitch.
The Freezing Point wrote:This is actually a mostly-normal adventure. Azure magic was added for the same reason as the entire puzzle; because I had no idea how to set up the glitch involved xD

The glitch is really quite simple; we've experienced it a lot in the official games, actually. When an object is frozen, it acts like you'd expect - unless you're trying to cast magic into said object, particularly if you're trying to pow the object unfrozen. Turns out, this "magic affected" point is at the point of the object becoming frozen; hence the name and description of the adventure. You can shoot pow through a frozen scritter to an invisible point across the map and unfreeze the scritter that way. Give it a try, if you can figure the rest out!
Entropy wrote:The glitch is fairly evident once you get going; it's what happens when you stack transporters (even just having two in the same space). As such I call it the "stacked transporter" glitch. But how does it work? Beats me. But I can try to explain it so you can better solve the puzzle.

Essentially, the first transporter (presumably the first-placed-in-editor one) acts normal, and in fact will pass through the second "defunct" transporter, which cannot be interacted with in any way. Except, it can - with pop, of all things. (And potentially other monsters; I have not tried this out yet.) When the transporter is popped, it will move one tile into water, and turn around. Popped again, it will not move. Popped again, it will move into water.

What's interesting is it actually creates walkable, half-floor tiles behind it, allowing you to walk anywhere on the affected areas. The transporter also acts differently whether you pop it or step on it from this point. If you pop it, it will not move unless there's water next to it, in which case it will move one tile. If used normally, however, it will go across all of its "floorified" tiles, allowing you to essentially "build a path" out of it.

On top of this, the normal transporter can only use up whatever unaffected water tiles remain - hence the name of this adventure, "Entropy". Eventually, it may have nowhere to go if you expand the "defunct" transporter to its limits, thus essentially switching the roles between the "normal" and "defunct" transporter - poetic, really. Hope this helps, and if you're still confused - play around with it!

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Jut's Misfits III B: Advanced Mentality

Post by Jutomi » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:02 pm

Hardy har har! The video solutions are...

har!

Break in the Momentum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEf4uR2lzGY
The Freezing Point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMnxjoTBddc
Entropy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b-AH2TcaEE