Jut's Misfits III C: Expert Extremity

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Jut's Misfits III C: Expert Extremity

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:02 am

:arrow: Click HERE for part A and click HERE for part B

Hello everyone! This is the third of a trilogy of level sets, each containing their own trilogy of adventures!

Yup, that's right! 9 adventures total! But they are all grouped somewhat based on their difficulty and what gameplay is involved (although Part B will be a mixed bag!)

But that's not all: These are all GLITCH adventures! That's right! Now you may ask yourself, "HOW IS THAT FAIR?!?" Well, it's not. Not unless you know the glitch, or test it out yourself. xD

That being said, the entire point of these adventures is to showcase the intended glitch. The scenery is less-than-magnificent (I made these in like two days with a day break in between), but the puzzles themselves, once you know the bug involved, should be short and simple; it should be fairly hard to do anything else, for that matter*!

However, if you get stuck, do NOT be afraid to look at the spoilers I will be posting under each of these (which will have a very similar opening text like this); they will not spoil the solution (for the most part), much less the execution. However, it may spoil things if you enjoy trying to figure out "how does the game break and why?" - which is why the answer is not straight-up given to you in the adventures. (Although the title and description hopefully give you a slight nudge in the right direction :))

Set C is, imo, by far the trickiest set. While it generally does not require too much in the way of quick reflexes overall, the actual glitch tricks involved certainly do, with one glitch in particular (See: the end of A Problem Shared) requiring what I can only guess is essentially frame-perfect timing - it is really hard if not straight-up random to get it right, but I felt it was vital to the adventure's wacky and time-sensitive nature.

I wish you luck on these - should you chose to accept them. (If timing, glitches, etc. is not your thing, then please do not bother.)

P.S. I'm putting all of these in a zip because PCPuzzle has a terrible way of handling it when you want to delete a file specifically. *Also don't be surprised if patches come out because of found alternate solutions. ;p

p.s.s. I made the last adventure significantly easier. Hope you enjoy it; if you want to play the old version, it's still saved in the files. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jutomi on Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Jut's Misfits III C: Expert Extremity

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:21 am

Glitch Guide:
Suspended Animation wrote:There are debatably two bugs going on here, although the first is really quite simple - zapbots will shoot at you even if there's an ice wall or grow icicle (growcicle) between it and you. That's straightforward enough.

The weird glitch involved in this adventure is that magic, upon reaching its destination tile, will activate even when an object is still partly on it, whether it's moving onto it or moving away from it. This can sometimes create some odd effects, such as killing an object with a grow flower, or by doing something particularly unusual with floing - something which can give an object a sort-of "super-position" in two adjacent spaces at once, if used properly. Just have to use your noggin if you want to execute it properly, though.
A Problem Shared wrote:Hoo boy. This one is wretched, and I don't say that lightly! This adventure actually features a few glitches, each giving its own unique flavor, but all tangentially related.

The first glitch involved is quite simple; if a wee stinker is occupying a bridge, you can walk onto the bridge and the bridge will not sink. This works whether you push the wee stinker off, or if you're following it closely after commanding it to go somewhere. Both tactics are used for the majority of the adventure.

The third glitch is that, if you walk off a bridge onto a tile/bridge with a wee stinker on it, and the stinker has nowhere to go, they'll walk onto the collapsing bridge and drown. This means you need plenty of time to "catch up" to the wee stinker so you're both moving onto a collapsing bridge at roughly equal time.

The fourth glitch comes when the yellow transporter arrives. As it turns out, objects in general don't like to activate when a wee stinker is on them if the player overrides them, thus allowing you to walk onto the yellow transporter after the wee stinker's already started doing so. What's interesting is this actually allows you to push the wee stinker off of the transporter, without it moving, and have it go onto the bridge on the other side of it.

A tangentially related glitch you might find is the same glitch as the Grow-Walking glitch (where placing grow while something's moving onto a water tile will let them walk onto it unscathed), which I call the Floing-Walking glitch. It's essentially the same thing, except with a floinged object. I bring this up because you technically can floing the yellow transporter just as it hits your bridge but just before the wee stinker walks onto it, thus allowing the wee stinker to walk from the floing'ed transporter to the bridge. This was actually the intended method until I realized the above method was possible, thus allowing me to remove a floing charge.

The final, and most awful, glitch is this: sharing a floing bubble with a wee stinker. This is very very hard to do; most of the time, assuming you both make it onto the same tile together, either you or the stinker will be "floinged", and the other will remain unfazed on the same tile. However, frame-perfect timing allows you both to essentially use the same floing bubble at the same time - which allows you both to survive the last paart. This part is quite a bit tedious, so no harm's done if you hate me xD

One final "glitch" is the red transporter actually treats floinged objects (stinkers) as a wall, although I'd consider this more of a bizarre feature than anything. Good luck actually executing these glitches!
Split Second wrote:This one's a little mean, I'll admit; I could've showcased this glitch off much better with only one floing instead of two. (Yes, you read me right.)

So, the title actually says it all. If you time it just right, you can create two floing bubbles from one floing charge. The only way I've found so far is by casting a floing charge at a wee stinker standing on a transporter next to a button for said transporter, then moving the wee stinker off of transporter onto the button. This doesn't always work, but doing it right, you can actually trap the wee stinker in a floing orb one tile up and the transporter itself in an orb one tile down. (Think the glitch from Suspended Animation, just duplicated because of the niche circumstance.) Theoretically, it may be possible to move the wee stinker first, and then quickly cast the floing while standing next to everything.

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Jut's Misfits III C: Expert Extremity

Post by Jutomi » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:55 pm

And at long last, my video solutions! :mrgreen:

Suspended Animation: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/x8lB5_bvfXo
A Problem Shared: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4hypbE1eCz0 yes I'm aware this is for an earlier version don't judge me sdjflhg
Split Second: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/K9o_MW-BN8g

I've also gone ahead and uploaded my recording of Split Second's original solution. In case you didn't know, it's still saved in the adventure file somewhere, if you'd like to try it out before watching this ;) (I wouldn't recommend it.)

Split Second original bonus footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5gxcuUXRSg

I hope you've all (at least somewhat) enjoyed all three parts of this nine-adventure set. :P