The Hidden Archive, Part Two

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

The Hidden Archive, Part Two

Post by ab-47 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:43 pm

Click here to try the previous part, it's pretty cool! 8)
PART 3

It's here... It's really here!

I'm really excited to release the second part of The Hidden Archive saga. The adventure itself is 3.12 Megabytes (part 1 was 2.3 MB, so that's quite a leap) and it's packed with a lot of content (51 dialogs and 24 wlvs). The average time needed will be an hour and a half, maybe more... I finished testing it with everything in one hour and 9 minutes, so it's gonna take quite some time! :P

For those who are new to The Hidden Archive story, here's a quick recap from part 1: You work for a place called Saltwater Mercenary Group and you are the last eradicator fit for this job as you'll be sent into the hidden archives of Masafasza, where a ghoul is causing trouble there. Reality in the archives is different from Wonderland so what is considered normal in Wonderland will be abstractly different there.

There are little to no traditional WA puzzles here: I've mentioned this in part 1 and I'd like to emphasize on it again. This is a different approach to puzzles, there won't be the raw elements put around with magic or znoo-znee tricks. The puzzles here are different, think of it as a code that you need to break down, dialogs and rooms that provide hints to progress, examining certain obstacles, some clever tricks, and more.

Custom Content: You're in luck! I've also packed all the necessary custom materials and put them to their respective files, with the adventure itself included! I just want to mention what has been used just as a shoutout to the great people who made these stuff (if I knew at least who did what... :oops: )
1- bluearcade 2- brownish red 3- cyan 4- dark gray 5- light gray 6- Glass 7- platinumstar 8- portalcover 9- wall2 10- mtemple leveltexture 11- spectropolis leveltexture 12- portal leveltexture 13- swamp watertexture 14- wine bottle 15- arch 16- bridge_rope 17- c_bush 18- C_tree 19- column2 20- labcomp2 21- stairtriple 22- wall_double 23- model3

Description: You managed to get inside the archives but unsurprisingly, you only scraped the tip of the iceberg, the archives are much bigger than it seems, so get ready for more!

Nothing crazy or complex to worry about, the puzzles are simple and should take you a couple of minutes to solve, critical thinking is key and you'll be able to traverse easily! :)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The mechanisms in the puzzles are delicate, meaning that there's a tiny chance something may go wrong (despite testing it numerous times anything could happen). To minimize the risk of breaking a mechanism, make sure you give a half a second pause between each and every action (if you want to press one button then another), so that nothing breaks and causes you to get stuck, I can assure you that the chances of breaking the level are very low, unless you WANT to break the level, then that's another story. :lol:

How to install: Download the file and just place it into your WA folder, everything is gonna go to its place and you're set!

Recommended to play on widescreen for a better experience!
Recommended to download my music pack for a better experience! LINK HERE

Special thanks to Cookie for testing this adventure before release! :mrgreen:

codenames: Mixer, Hotel_Ettiquette_Session, Of_Machines_&_Illusions

I ran out of things to say, I'm just happy this is finally here. LETS GET TO IT! 8)

DOWNLOAD PART 2 HERE

EDIT: Ooops, turns out I forgot to include the bridgeonlyfloor model with the main content, shoutout to cookie for letting me know! :oops:

EDIT 2: UPDATE AS OF SEP 9TH, 2022, Make sure you have the modded WA 10.3.2 to play part 2.

VIDEO SOLUTION HERE These are a series of video solutions made by Jutomi, he worked really hard to get them uploaded on Youtube and I believe it's best to link it here for everyone, in the event you get stuck. Thank you Jutomi! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ab-47 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Re: New Adventure: The Hidden Archive, Part Two

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:48 pm

First! :D :D :D :D :D

Probably one of the most unique and fun WA adventures I've played. So much unbelievable crazy work on the mechanisms, god.

@people reading this: play it .. ..! now.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:05 am

Are the puzzles rather complex? Knowing Ab's powers over Wonderland... :lol: :oops:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:58 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:05 am
Are the puzzles rather complex? Knowing Ab's powers over Wonderland... :lol: :oops:
Think of it more like a point-and-click adventure rather than something you'd find in WA usually. I found the puzzles simple but still very stimulating because of how novel they were for WA.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:34 am

|Cookie| wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:58 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:05 am
Think of it more like a point-and-click adventure rather than something you'd find in WA usually. I found the puzzles simple but still very stimulating because of how novel they were for WA.
Fair enough, you've sold me.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:30 am

I just played both the first part and this one, and that was a lot of fun! I like that you went with a more traditional point-n-click style of adventure. The cutscenes and dialogue were certainly fun and delirium-inducing. Looking forward to the next one! I can only imagine how much effort it took to build all those mechanisms, and it was really cool that they're randomized too.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:51 am

Usually, when people make mechanisms for WA puzzles, I can imagine how it looks in my head. For this, I couldn't imagine the mechanisms at all. :shock: I'm extremely impressed!!

Everything seen here was so new and so novel. This might be the most unique adventure ever made, actually. I'm sooooo happy we're still getting adventures of this high caliber in 2022!!! Thank you so much for making this.

The fact you also added randomization is insanely impressive. And you paid such good attention to detail in general.

Also, Master Sus might be my favorite WA character ever. That entire sequence was perfect. Really really love that car cutscene too (must have taken you so much work)! The dialogue throughout the adventure is amazing as well, and exactly the kind of humor I enjoy. I love the entire feel of the hotel area, and the plot twist at the end of the adventure is very intriguing.

Thank you for making this!!! Very very excited for Part 3!
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:07 am

Wow I'm at loss of words, glad to see you two enjoyed it! :mrgreen:
StinkerSquad01 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:30 am
I can only imagine how much effort it took to build all those mechanisms, and it was really cool that they're randomized too.
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:51 am
Usually, when people make mechanisms for WA puzzles, I can imagine how it looks in my head. For this, I couldn't imagine the mechanisms at all. :shock: I'm extremely impressed!!
The fact you also added randomization is insanely impressive. And you paid such good attention to detail in general.
One of the biggest challenges I have faced was trying to make a functionally stable and fast-acting mechanism with hopes that WA RNG doesn't break it (rare occurrence but the mosaic area from part 1 can render unsolvable, but it's very unlikely to happen.) With that said, it's still fun to mess around and see how complicated can you go in a game like WA.

Again, I'm glad you enjoyed the adventures and I'll make sure part 3 will deliver (unsure when but it will come) with such quality! :D
LEVEL LIS1
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:48 am

Bump

Just a heads up, I've been watching Kamerson's past VOD and he's been stuck at the reception area due to a CMD 22 bug. if this happens to you, make sure to update your editor to version 10.3.2 and load to a previous savefile (at the corridor wlv, for example) just to get the most optimal results.
LEVEL LIS1
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: The Hidden Archive, Part Two

Post by Jutomi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:23 am

Oh wait. I just noticed I'm a nitwit and forgot to link all of the videos to this adventure I had recorded and uploaded these way back in early June... :rofl:
(In fairness given my uploading schedule it wasn't actually finished until the end of July though lol.)

Ah well, at least I'm keeping a tradition of only sharing the videos on this site after the following part came out. Maybe I'll get part 3 recorded, uploaded and linked just in time for Part 4 to have already been released. ;)

Anyhow, this was absolutely one of my favorite adventures, period - and it wouldn't be a stretch to say it is my favorite. An absolutely gorgeous and amusing masterpiece, with impeccable dialogue, an engaging story, fascinating mechanics, and outstanding aesthetic that all combined to make the already outstanding first part feel like but an appetizer. Absolutely love this series, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this insane ride develops in Part 3 and onwards :)

Anyhow, enough gushing: time for my video solutions xD

Part 1: Grand Entry 1/2
Part 2: Grand Entry 2/2
Part 3: Dlcs18 Garden
Part 4: Pins and Needles
Part 5: Chromatic Mapping
Part 6: Turtle Tango
Part 7: The Blacklight
Part 8: Gossip About the Ghouls and Children
Part 9: Seven Stars Hotel
Part 10: Suspicious Lobbying
Part 11: Secrett Riddle
Part 12: Living Quarters
Part 13: The Mafia
Part 14: Blackout
Part 15: Jellybeans
Part 16: OK I'm Dead
Part 17: Recipe Books
Part 18: Freezer
Part 19: Clean Getaway

While it was a thrill to play and record this, I hope to everyone who chooses to watch this that they've tried to play it first; it is truly a magnificent experience. While I advocate for players to solve adventures themselves, I understand them being too hard; this one plays completely differently however, and I think is truly an experience you ought to enjoy for yourself if possible.

Incredibly many thanks for the adventure, Ash. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Jutomi on Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:57 am

Glad to hear that from you, Jutomi. Thank you so much for uploading your playthrough, that saves me a lot of time from doing it myself. :lol:
LEVEL LIS1
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Fungus » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 pm

So many creative ideas in this one!
Spoilers wrote:I absolutely loved the book pop-ups in the Library and the anagram puzzles - so much clever stuff that I can't imagine the inner workings of.
Lockpicking was definitely the easiest part, but it's still a super fun and unique mechanic.
The logic of the light puzzles was a little confusing, but I managed to get through them anyway.
Also, the mobsters taking off in the car towards the end was possibly the greatest thing I've ever seen. :lol:
Wonderful content, thank you for the level. Just one more to go and I'll be caught up!
Shoutout to Hang Castle, by the way.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:48 pm

Fungus wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 pm
Shoutout to Hang Castle, by the way.
...WHAT.

That didn't play for me at all - did I miss a music pack or something? I downloaded the one necessary for part one when I played through that, but I didn't see any others mentioned here in the thread for part 2...!

Edit: Never mind; I *COMPLETELY* missed it in the original post, despite reading it multiple times to make sure there wasn't another music pack I would need... I'm blind as a Zubat.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits