Major Adventure - The Force of Urxon

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Major Adventure - The Force of Urxon

Post by Jutomi » Wed May 04, 2022 5:02 pm

Version 1.4 is finally out. It should be safe to download; let me know if you have any troubles.

Hello everyone! So if you remember a while back I had proposed a contest for adventures utilizing Urxons. (For details on what Urxons are, see MNIK's thread)

So... I knew already that my entry would go a little overboard. When the time finally came and I was the only entrant, however, I used that time given to my advantage... for almost a year now xD (A lot of irl things got in the way.)

Note: This is not at all the largest thing I've released (see: the lost lands series, Jut's Transporter Challenge(ish), my hub's demos). However, this is definitely my highest quality thing I've ever released. And don't get me wrong - it's still massive.

The .zip file contains a Data and Userdata file that you can simply unzip into your main game folder and merge with your existing Data/Userdata files in the editor of your choice (and I believe this should work for vanilla without OpenWA). The custom objects not in a the text folder are actually in-game textures, but I had to convert them to a .png because for some reason OpenWA intentionally changed how transparency worked on the ingame files. Alas - it still worked out well in the end.

DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING CONTENTS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED: However, DO read them if you want to know roughly how big this adventure is or if you're missing any files/folders.
To list the contents of the .zip file, I wrote:1 Adventure (duh) with about 26 .lvls (not all used) and 37 .dias (not all used)
2 object textures that are ingame textures but converted to .png
1 file full of texts also included in objecttextures
2 model files (two files for the same model, "square" to project the text unto)
1 level texture and 2 backgroundtextures - namely FinnThor's modification to the temple in Cheese Vs. Pirates 13
1 water texture - namely FinnThor's Glop texture
3 music files: One I created originally as a meme, one I'd been working on and has been the main reason this has taken so long LOL, and one I stole from Spiral Knights (alien mmorpg game by three rings originally, gameplay quality's subpar but still has a place in my heart)
Addendum: All of these tracks can also be found in My Music Pack (Editions 1+)
1 custom icon table. Note: It's a spin off of MNIK's Urxon icon table. :3
Special thanks to MyNameIsKooky (MNIK), who without their editor, special features added just cause I was complaining about them, or heck even their creating Urxons in the first place, this adventure would not be remotely possible.

Also thanks to FinnThor for creating the Demon Temple texture; it's very nice ;) Edit2/3: Also thanks to FinnThor for creating the Glop texture, namely the water texture. Which I used... and forgot to add xD Should be fixed now!

Edit1: Oh yeah and I forgot, many thanks to Cookie for letting me utilize pseudo-hud text like he used in Found Footage. Absolutely fantastic discovery, and I'm very glad I could put it to good use, hehe.
(Unfortunately I couldn't get it to be 100% perfect: Reentering rooms with a brr pad/floing orb/grow flower seems to glitch it, and the spy-eye can look around it lol.)

I hope you enjoy my 140th released adventure. May the Fourth be with you. :mrgreen:

Note: Also the file is too big so you'll have to download it from the link under this message xD
P.S. Expect a bugfix or two down the road LOL
To exaggerate the link so the eyes go here, I wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/eccvlyepapdb6 ... 1.zip?dl=0

Video Solution:

Part 1 - Throws of Chaos
Part 2 - Fuchsia Marsh 1/2
Part 3 - Fuchsia Marsh 2/2
Part 4 - Toadstool Pool
Part 5 - Acid Lagoon
Part 6 - Snakebend Stream
Part 7 - Burstlight Basin
Part 8 - Achievements
Part 9 - The Great Escape
Last edited by Jutomi on Thu May 04, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Major Adventure - The Force of Urxon

Post by Jutomi » Wed May 04, 2022 7:32 pm

Video Solutions:

Not Available

Update Log:

Version 1.0
- Original Release

Version 1.0 Hotfix
- Added water texture to the .zip... xD

Version 1.1
- Made arrows significantly more visible (and consequently quite unique)
- Fixed alternate solution to gems in The Grotto by placing a plant
- Fixed alternate solution to gems in Snakebend Stream by moving a bot one step to the left
- Fixed alternate solution (actually x2) in Acid Lagoon; accidentally left bridge down though so you have to vault-activate it to solve it >_>
- Fixed an edgy alternate solution in Burstlight Basin by pointing moobot upward
- Change Snakebend Stream's "Adventurer's Note" to be an internal monologue
- Readded a note I originally removed for the rainbow urx1 because it was originally a note; internal monologue now
- Fix first two "achievements" (and renamed the one)
- Fixed a bug in the last section where blobs would retain wall logic due to funny timing
- Upgraded NOT Gates from my primitive design to Ash's Instant Design

Version 1.2
- Fixed the bridge in Acid Lagoon
- Switched the order and consequently paths of Acid Lagoon and Snakebend Stream
- Made The Grotto's bonus gems a very different puzzle.
- Made Point of No Return's lower right puzzle slightly longer to prevent an unnecessarily tight alternate solution MNIK found
- Made it so you can't Q-Brr the zapbot in Snakebend Stream; added a second zapbot to lock the rainbow bubble from getting stuck.
- Moved urxorps in Crabgrass Pond so you must do what I intend for you to discover about Wonderland (bet you didn't know about this after all these years ;p)
- Fixed mechanism textures in Act III and .lvl 6
- Made Ban Signs less /d to make them look less like floing bubbles; made them less chonky
- Disabled chomper mechanisms (originally for renewable titles, which were cut off due to brr/grow/floing additional objects glitch) properly to prevent bad noise

Version 1.3
- Made the final room significantly less difficult and more player-friendly, with some extra instructions
- Also optimized the final room along with several bug fixes (the details of which I can't quite remember, but... there were a good few. xD)
Spoilery Specifics wrote:- Weakened lunchflower's spell color change (and made it have a warning first.)
- Created a Doom Button Overview for when it's activated.
- Slowed down literally everything (except maybe doom button) - Lunchflower, the backups, chomper spawns, special attacks, etc.
- Made Rage Mode less laggy.
- Made teleporter gates lower (and fixed their activationtype)
- Gave player a ton more walking room
- Made buttons more accessible
- Also Completely changed Acid Lagoon's puzzle. (This is Acid Lagoon V2 in the Acid Lagoon Trilogy.)

Version 1.3.1
- Reverted The Grotto's bonus gem puzzle; accidentally fixed it with a strategically placed plant, and much preferred its solution.
- Moved Dialogue 18 to Room 22.

Version 1.4
- Changed the puzzle in Acid Lagoon (this is technically version 4. See: Acid Lagoon Trilogy. V3 was never added to the Force of Urxon.)
- Fixed a cheese that Cookie found where you didn't actually need the rainbow bubble in Snakebend Stream
- Switched the order of Snakebend Stream and Acid Lagoon back to how it was in 1.0
- Fixed several other issues such as a button's visibility and keys being the wrong color in the midst of the above changes
- Removed some troll urxorps
- Fixed some z-fighting among the walls
- Completely changed The Point of No Return's blink puzzle to be a pop puzzle
- Added a single glow worm
- Extended Wry Creek; it's slightly more difficult, but fixes a preposterously difficult cheese that allows the player to do things completely out of order.
- Also fixed Wry Creek's bonus puzzle.

Version 1.4.1
- Removed a blue button left over in Crabgrass Pond... m'bad xD
- Moved a chomper fossil in Central Swamp down a tile instead of removing it. It still serves no purpose, but - it's there anyway. At least it no longer spontaneously combusts.
Last edited by Jutomi on Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:22 am, edited 7 times in total.

sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Wed May 04, 2022 8:02 pm

when i load the adventure i get a MAV. i looked at the text folder in the objecttextures you put in the zip and there was a file that had a .pdn at the end of it. i'm guessing this was meant to be a .png file? either way (if it's gone or not) i still get a MAV.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed May 04, 2022 8:18 pm

sodapop! wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 8:02 pm
when i load the adventure i get a MAV. i looked at the text folder in the objecttextures you put in the zip and there was a file that had a .pdn at the end of it. i'm guessing this was meant to be a .png file? either way (if it's gone or not) i still get a MAV.
EDIT: FIGURED IT OUT

I forgot the water texture. :oops:

Please stand by while I fix this. xD

Edit: Aighty, here's the water texture you'll need. I've also updated the .zip to include it >_>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu May 05, 2022 6:38 am

Wow, wow, wowowowowowowowwwwwwww............ Just WOW! :shock:

I've finished it hours before writing this but was busy with some studies (and some binge-eating out of the blue :mrgreen: ) and holy cow, what a great adventure this was! The urxon magic was an unprecedented concept that was somewhat tedious to work with (due to the built-in limitations of the editor, huge respect to the people who discovered urxon nonetheless!) yet you've provided world-class puzzle designs with them. One of the few issues I have is probably the levelexits not being apparent enough due to the high walls, but that's about it! :P

Thank you so much for doing this jutomi, a great start and a wonderful finale as this is my favorite adventure released this year! For those who are reading this: Download the level now, it's just too good! :D

Of course, I wouldn't be satisfied without getting the GOLD status for this level! 8)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu May 05, 2022 11:24 pm

Many thanks, Ash! I'm glad you enjoyed it :mrgreen:

I've gone ahead and released an update to this adventure and the adventure pack. Here are the following changes:

- Removed an alternate solution for four segments (yes four xD)
- Changed how arrows appear so they're easier to see. (I like normal ones, but yeah the normal 1-height walls are surprisingly not arrow-friendly. Hope this helps even if it's a tiny bit unusual >_>)
- Changed something in the final section because doing something slightly too early made walls remain and ruin an effect.
- Fixed and slightly modified three achievements. "What are those" easter eggs ;p
- Made a semi-secret spot less secret (since it's not meant to be actually secret smh)
- Sadly couldn't make segment names appear upon reentering cause of ingame limitations still u-u
- Upgraded the not gates to Ash's mechanism
- Fixed a dialogue so it's a monologue and not an adventurer's note (which shouldn't exist here lol); readded another one I originally moved for that reason after creating a new monologue for it.

So yeah, big update, but don't sweat if you've already downloaded it and are part-way through; the game runs more-or-less fine, and these are mainly small quality-of-life and alternate-solution-busting changes. :P

Let me know if the link or anything else is broken xD

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat May 14, 2022 3:42 pm

Attention! New issue xD

So if you stumble upon Acid Lagoon, there was a bridge placed in order to prevent an alternate solution Ash found (and, as it turns out, a second alternate solution MNIK has found). Unfortunately, I did not realize I was on a different simulation level in MNIK's editor and as it turns out the blasted thing was de-activated.

You are free to go into that .lvl and use the vault to type cmd 1 and for data1 put 545. This will raise the bridge. ;p

Otherwise, there'll also be several minor fixes as well as a major change to the puzzle in The Grotto. Just sit tight for the next update I will be releasing as soon as MNIK finishes his run so I can be sure there aren't any more bugs later in the adventure. xD

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 24, 2022 7:44 pm

Hi! Sorry, meant to do this last week but I was busy beyond belief. Supposed to be so this week but I admit I'm taking it a bit more chill for a couple days.

Anyhow, fixed the issue in Acid Lagoon, as well as a couple other things I did switch the ordering of Acid Lagoon and Snakebend Stream so they're on different paths now, and their order access switched around. I also did change how the bonus area in Section 1 works; it's perhaps less neat a puzzle but at least actually puts the ban sign to use, and also is way easier to see the Special Thing that nobody could find. :P

I'll be eventually making a proper "changelog" in my second post, and eventually also upload video solutions to this. However, I should note that I'm going to be probably coming up with a major update. I was hoping to get that done before releasing this, but at this point idk if I'll even get around to it lol. Regardless, listed are my two main plans.

First, I'll probably be swapping Acid Lagoon for something else (or making it easier) since its (fixed) solution is, as described by MNIK, "a Jut's Misfits puzzle". And yeah I have to agree with him on that; dastardly and I love it. xD (It'd be made easier either way since I'd hate to reintroduce rainbow urxons too extensively in such a context.)

Second, I'll probably be making the last section a wee bit less difficult. I've been (rightfully) told that the timing on things is a bit too fast, and one thing in particular way too abrupt (and oft unnecessary). I'd also probably add a dialogue box that explains the doom button a bit. :roll:

Anyhow, sorry for the inconvenience, and a great many thanks to both Ash and MNIK for testing this for me lol.

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:28 pm

>5.5 weeks pass

Time is lame xD

Finally updated this! I made the last room significantly less absurd, and the other room only barely timing-based (and it's for an unrelated and pretty funny reason and not remotely as tight). The changes ended up being small enough that I felt like this wasn't really "FoU 2.0", just 1.3 :P (Although that other section's solution is completely different now.)

Hope you all enjoy! Be sure to click the link in the top message/original post! (If you've already downloaded this but just want an updated adventure file, please use the file below.)
Last edited by Jutomi on Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:36 pm

Wow - I don't know if I even tested the revamped bonus section or not but I doubt it actually worked. Guess I meant to test it, didn't find time, and assumed it was ready!

Good thing I decided to add a random obstacle for demonstrative purposes, because it fixed the original solution hilariously enough...

aaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (But I also got to fix the ordering of dialogues because I forgot I switched the .lvl ordering in 1.2 xD)

Same as above, new adventure replacement zip here and old one deleted in a moment. ;p

Edit: Removed this attachment cause it's now outdated.
Last edited by Jutomi on Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:41 pm

Absolutely brilliant adventure. All puzzles (almost :lol:) had excellent twists and were well thought out with great Eureka moments. This has to be one of the best WA adventures made of all time. Amazing work, seriously.
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:31 pm

Many thanks, Cookie :)

On that note, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS until the next update... xD

Edit: NOW you may. update's out.

Hopefully the last one... *laughs in jinx*
Last edited by Jutomi on Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:13 pm

>5.5 months pass

Time is super lame xdddddddddd

Finally updated this! (again... [why did I wait so long smh]) you may now play this :rofl:

Will post a proper changelog... one that I said I'd update and forgot to for 1.3 and 1.3.1. :roll: Gonna give a quick rundown of the changes though:

- Changed the puzzle in Acid Lagoon (this is technically version 4. See: Acid Lagoon Trilogy
- Fixed a cheese that Cookie found where you didn't actually need the rainbow bubble in Snakebend Stream
- Switched the order of Snakebend Stream and Acid Lagoon again... mostly cause AL's easier now (at least it oughta be) and Cookie truly struggled with SS :P
- Critically also fixed the blasted key issues and visibility-of-this-one-button issue in Acid Lagoon through all of this... xD
- Incidentally removed some troll cubes
- Fixed some z-fighting among the walls
- Completely changed The Point of No Return's blink puzzle to be about pop instead. Hope it gets the same function but reduces time pressure while simultaneously knocking out the speedrun strat Cookie pulled.
- Added a single glow worm
- Extended Wry Creek so it's no longer just barely cheeseable. It's technically a bit more obnoxious to get through now... you can all again thank Cookie for that. :roll:
- Also fixed the surprise wraith so there's no cheesing that button either. :P

edit: oops I guess that was a full changelog lolxd the summary is: Fixed a bunch of puzzles.

Hope you enjoy! This took... eh. If you count all the versions, pretty much work. If you count this one version I've been putting off for literally months... I mean. About an hour. Took too long for what I got out of it and it still wasn't much. All I can say is: sorry for the wait. xD

I should have a video solution put up by the anniversary of this blasted thing.

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:21 am

A week later I decided to record a solution to this. Expect it to actually be uploaded... uh, not sure when. '^^ Probably May... xD

But in doing so, I realized I made a couple of goofy slipups. As such, Version 1.4.1 is out, which removes a rogue aqua button and also semi-removed a chomper that would spontaneously combust in Central Swamp.

Hope you enjoy :lol:

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu May 04, 2023 5:20 pm

Today is the 1-year anniversary of the release of this adventure! I think it's finally in a position where it doesn't require updating anymore... :lol:

But, to commemorate this, I have also finally uploaded the video solution to this adventure! :D

Well - OK it really just took me that long to get this updated, recorded and uploaded. :lol: I was hoping to have ironed out all the issues, but unfortunately I only found a couple of them during my recording, so uh... slightly imperfect? Sure, but at least Acid Lagoon is the correct version and not one of the three janky versions. :P

The videos are all linked to the first post, just under the adventure download. Hope you enjoy! :mrgreen: