The Acid Lagoon Trilogy

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

The Acid Lagoon Trilogy

Post by Jutomi » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:16 pm

Hi everyone! So, not sure if anyone remembers The Force of Urxon (which is currently, sadly, unfinished as of this trilogy's upload, but do please check it out as the final update for it should be coming relatively soonish maybe), there was a chunk in it known as "Acid Lagoon". I know, spoilers, but to be fair this area's been removed from it. In fact, that's why I'm releasing this trilogy.

So, as it turns out, my first version of Acid lagoon for it was particularly "out of place" according to feedback I've received (and, I have to agree). I should note that it's less out-of-place in this adventure because, well, a) the magics are more obvious (trust me, they weren't at all in the original) and b) I increased the working room and set up the cubes so you have more time to just do things in general. Shout out to MNIK for solving this the intended way.

Well, OK, correction - my first iteration was actually busted as it had two alternative solve paths (one found by Ash, the other by MNIK). But those were remarkably easy and one could not exist without the other, so I digress. :P

I was going to completely scrap Acid Lagoon, but then I decided to use a weird trick MNIK found while trying to solve it. It's certainly easier, however the issues are largely the same. I'd argue it's even less fitting as it's borderline a bug (but a bug of an unintended game mechanic) - arguably two. On top of this, if you don't get the order right it's even harder to execute. (Again, cube placement should resolve this in this version.) Shout out to Cookie for solving this version. :P

The third version I thought of when I was thinking of a replacement for that iteration. I knew pretty quickly that it wouldn't work in FoU, and actually I didn't even plan on making it in Acid Lagoon. But then I thought, "You know, I've got two variations of this cursed level file already... why not make a third one?" As it turns out, the workable solution is less cursed (and much cooler) than I thought! However, I'd argue it still doesn't fit FoU as the timing is... ironically, possibly the most strict out of all three of them.

Now, I'd argue none of these require split-second timing. Far from it, actually; even in the third version, I've had a decent amount of wiggle room for the most part, if you solve it right. But alas, all three of these versions all fall to the same flaws that make them not ideal for the main adventure they were designed for. (Note that the Force of Urxon is anything but perfect; goodness knows it's had numerous updates and is still not finished five months after release.)

Nevertheless, I figured they'd all be a fun and unique experience for you all, if you like a challenge and don't mind the teensiest bit of timing. :)

Oh, and uh, final notes:
1) The assets are all the same as in FoU, so you will need those. They should all be included in the dropbox file, as I copy/pasted the FoU folder and just switched out the adventures. In reality not all assets are needed, but do have them just to be safe.
2) Adventure files are AcidLagoonV(1/2/3)
3) The description for V2 is technically wrong, as that's the version in 1.3(.1) and not 1.4, but uh... *shrugs* I don't feel like fixing it so there. :P

Hope you enjoy! :mrgreen:
To exaggerate the link so the eyes go here, I wrote:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ab85jm10b78j8 ... y.zip?dl=0
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: The Acid Lagoon Trilogy

Post by Jutomi » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:27 pm

Aaand the absurd video solutions. Hope you've enjoyed :P

Version 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoi0ANalOYo

Version 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTeLg_2XBMA

Version 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PombhLWge2U
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.