New Adventure: Spiky and Soft

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

New Adventure: Spiky and Soft

Post by Fungus » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:57 pm

Just a little test run of the editor, really. :mrgreen:

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Re: New Adventure: Spiky and Soft

Post by nasko222 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:16 pm

I got GOLD! :D Nice adventure, if this was your first adventure, this was awesome :stinkyhappy:

Though, I did it in a bit weird way where the scritter is on the red button, but the spikey is moving around, and I wait the spikey to come near the scritter so i can run quickly through the yellow doors. I bet that was not intended because at the dialogue at the end the guy said he want to leave, and even head through the doors but didnt made it.
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Fungus » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:30 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:16 pm
I got GOLD! :D Nice adventure, if this was your first adventure, this was awesome :stinkyhappy:

Though, I did it in a bit weird way where the scritter is on the red button, but the spikey is moving around, and I wait the spikey to come near the scritter so i can run quickly through the yellow doors. I bet that was not intended because at the dialogue at the end the guy said he want to leave, and even head through the doors but didnt made it.
I played around with the editor a little when I was younger but this was my first proper adventure - I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Also: Nope, that was the intended solution!
However, it's possible to move too slowly and get locked in with the stinker at the end - I assume that's what happened to you? - the stinker has some extra dialogue if you do that. :lol:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:09 pm

Fantastic first adventure! It has a great deal of polish and cool attention to detail. I don't think I've even seen someone use the change face expression CMD before. :lol:

The puzzle was trickier than it initially looked, but I managed to have a spare pop by the end. My solution seems to be the same one as you described, so I'm not sure where I could've used it. I've also recorded a video solution because I needed to procrastinate. :P

Would love to play more adventures by you!
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:30 pm

Simple, but clever - thanks for the fun!
|Cookie| wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:09 pm
Fantastic first adventure! It has a great deal of polish and cool attention to detail. I don't think I've even seen someone use the change face expression CMD before. :lol:

The puzzle was trickier than it initially looked, but I managed to have a spare pop by the end. My solution seems to be the same one as you described, so I'm not sure where I could've used it. I've also recorded a video solution because I needed to procrastinate. :P

If you're curious, Cookie, about that last Pop charge: Personally, I didn't see that solution, and instead opted to move the Scritter into place and get back to the wooden bridge button in a single cycle, which required the 4th Pop. By delaying a cycle, you had more time, and were thus able to save Pop #4.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:55 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:30 pm
If you're curious, Cookie, about that last Pop charge: Personally, I didn't see that solution, and instead opted to move the Scritter into place and get back to the wooden bridge button in a single cycle, which required the 4th Pop. By delaying a cycle, you had more time, and were thus able to save Pop #4.
Ahhh, that does make sense. I hadn't considered using a pop to speed up the process, which is why I had to extend the cycle. :P
Thanks for the clarification!
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Fungus » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:24 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:30 pm
Simple, but clever - thanks for the fun!

|Cookie| wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:09 pm

Thank you both very much!

Also: Yes, it's as rainbowmon says - it didn't occur to me that you could solve the puzzle differently by redirecting the Spikeyball a second time like you did in your solution! Maybe I should have been crueller and reduced the Pop charges to 3! :lol:
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:34 am

I wouldn't exactly call Scritters "soft", seeing as they can block SpikeyBalls. :stinkylol:
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:13 am

That was a very neat trick. despite that I saved 2 pops, I would still love to see more of your creations. Thanks for this, and welcome aboard! :D
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Fungus » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:09 pm

ab-47 wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:13 am
That was a very neat trick. despite that I saved 2 pops, I would still love to see more of your creations. Thanks for this, and welcome aboard! :D
Thank you! And wow, 2 Pops? I'd be interested in knowing how you did that, for future reference.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:32 pm

Fungus wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:09 pm
ab-47 wrote:
Thank you! And wow, 2 Pops? I'd be interested in knowing how you did that, for future reference.
Pop the transporter then make rotate it to left, after you get the scritter to the top take the transporter to left, then to right, then change it to face down and get the brown round button before the spikeyball reaches the bridges.
:mrgreen:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Fungus » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:52 pm

ab-47 wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:32 pm
Fungus wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:09 pm
ab-47 wrote:
Pop the transporter then make rotate it to left, after you get the scritter to the top take the transporter to left, then to right, then change it to face down and get the brown round button before the spikeyball reaches the bridges.
:mrgreen:
Huh, you're right! Good catch!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:09 pm

Even with the alternate solutions, this took me a little while to wrap my head around - and I'm pretty sure I only solved it the intended way. :lol:

Cookie acquiring one extra Pop is not surprising. Ash acquiring two extra pop is a little surprising, but considering who we're dealing with I'm in turn not surprised. :P

It was a really well-done adventure for your first! I especially like the little touch you added in case a little something-something happens ;) (Spoiled in my video lol) Very nice easter egg.

Speaking of, my video solution~

Many thanks for the adventure; hope to see more from you, but even if we don't this was a beautiful contribution :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.