Jut's Misfits VI Part 1: Tethered Ship

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Jut's Misfits VI Part 1: Tethered Ship

Post by Jutomi » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:08 am

Hi all! So I actually have seven adventures to release, and I must profess that figuring out what order to upload them in, when to do it, and being 100% satisfactory with each one in the set before uploading them has been a pain. Especially when I'm already ignoring no less than three major wonderland projects and uncountable others for the sake of neverending everythingness. Nonetheless, I am finally settling on this weird rag-tag team.

So unlike most of my Jut's Misfits trilogies, I'm going to be uploading these separately. "What" Yes, I know, it's like why even call them a bundle if they're all gonna be uploaded separately? Well:

1) each one is very different from the other, making them frankly impractical for them to all be together, and
2) each one is quite small and really quirky, and don't feel like real "full-scale" adventures; they still feel strangely connected despite technical obstacles.

So, without further ado, I'm going to copy/paste this exact same text in all three posts and share each one separately, followed by a relatively normal post. And yes if you couldn't tell I'm thinking this up on the spot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JMVI Adventure 1: Tethered Ship
(Part 2, Part 3)

So this adventure I've had waiting for a very long time. Why? Because it requires OpenWA and I was waiting in the hopes that I'd create more modded wonderland mini content. And. That hasn't happened. :lol:

Regardless, since this requires OpenWA whereas all of my others do not this was one of the reasons why I decided to make JMVI split. Nonetheless it's a cute little adventure with some quirky little tricks.

Good luck escaping the sinking ship! :piratesmile:

And, if you need it, my video solution - along with Cookie's alternate solution
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jutomi on Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Jut's Misfits VI Part 1: Tethered Ship

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:47 am

...Good *GRIEF*, Jutomi - for one so small, this puzzle is unexpectedly *DEVIOUS!*

I can figure out how to move the prism, even get to the goal (although, for whatever reason, it seems like getting the required angle is random - makes me wonder exactly how prisms work in WA), but getting the coin? That's going to take me a while, assuming I have the puzzle skills necessary to figure it out at all.
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:16 pm

Update: Got to the goal with the coin! And what a coin it is - requiring multiple magic trickshots to get while still getting to the goal. Surprised I managed to figure that one out without help!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:30 am

Congratulations! You're pretty good at this game; not too many others want to brave my horrifying content. ;)

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:15 pm

Posted my video solution in the original post just above the adventure download - along with an alternate solution found by Cookie.

Let me know if you solved it differently. Enjoy. :)

rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:27 pm

...*WOW*, did I overcomplicate this. Like, *SEVERELY* overcomplicated it.

So I started out like this. Cast Flash to pointer location, immediately move up-right one tile then right one tile.
Tethered Ship 1.png
Place Prism there, then cast Blink Barrel to pointer location...
Tethered Ship 2.png
And *IMMEDIATELY* move up-left, resulting in this.
Tethered Ship 3.png
Move to here, Pow the pointer location, then a *LIGHTNING-FAST* Pow to the other Blink Barrel. *BARELY* grab the coin, then exit.
Tethered Ship 4.png
This method is... Well, compared to those other two, it's *BAD*. The Flash bit is okay, but everything else requires an absurd amount of reloading save slots - the Blink Barrel-Prism trick is super inconsistent (I'm guessing it's a quirk of homing magic, but essentially moving immediately after casting it results in the prism splitting and redirecting it in different angles, with it barely being possible to get the angles necessary for the Blink Barrels to get into position), and while performing the Pow trick is easy, using it *AND* successfully getting the coin in the process requires such *LUDICROUSLY* insane timing that I've only pulled it off a handful of times, and I couldn't do it just now upon taking these screenshots.

I, uh... I don't recommend beating it this way. Just... Just don't. It's not worth it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:02 am

Oh...

I like that.

I mean, I hate it...

but I like it. :twisted:

Many thanks, rainbowmon xD