Petal Death Feared - Part 1

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Petal Death Feared - Part 1

Post by Nobody » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:30 am

Long ago...far too long ago... there was a WA tennis series called TMD, where half the parts were made by MyNameIsKooky and half the parts were made by Master Wonder Mage. Then Emerald141 started a tennis with MyNameIsKooky called TGT and a tennis with Master Wonder Mage called TGT.

...but Emerald141 doesn't exist anymore, does he?

We live now in the future, where Samuel and I have a tennis series called TMC. It is only appropriate, then, for Cookie to take up Emerald141's legacy and start tennises with both of us, both of which are called PDF.

This is Part 1 of Petal Death Feared, my tennis series where half the parts will be made by Cookie. A truly precarious situation indeed.

You will need Nobody & Ice's Merged Music Pack.

The rest of what you will need is enclosed within the folder below. Simply unzip it in your editor directory. Bear in mind, however, that I didn't make the visual stuff and I don't know who did. Thus are the credits for this adventure!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: Petal Death Feared - Part 1

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:23 am

This could be one of the most intricate and detailed story-writing we have for the Wonderland Custom Content section lately, never thought I'd be seeing this for a while, loved the funny twist at the end as well. :lol:

The transporter puzzle was great but I was somewhat unsure if the flash area was accessible in one way or another (I asked you on Wondercord before writing this but I thought I'll mention it again.) Despite that, It definitely got me thinking for quite a while and was great nonetheless!

Thank you for making this, and I will have eyes on part 2's release! :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:26 pm

Hmm, Hmm!! I guess I forgot to reply to this. Well, don't worry, for I, the one who's supposed to continue this tennis, is finally here to reply and say that I have no idea how to live up to this. But I will get to finishing part 2 asap once I'm done with Being Busy and doing Things like Having A Morning Person's Sleep Schedule (ew!)
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:26 am

Very nice puzzle! It was pretty tricky, and I had to come back to it after letting it gestate in the back of my mind for a month or so. I really liked the way you had to solve a puzzle with less to work with than what you're "supposed to have". It's rare for a magic-free puzzle to make me think this hard, but you pulled it off!.

Phenomenal storytelling too, as usual. I really loved the ending twist, which seems to be quite the common sentiment. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what other meta-elements get incorporated into the story.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:45 pm

This is a bit off-topic, but one of the signs mentions a character named Beam. Who is she, and, more importantly, what is she?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:30 pm

I bet she's a beam. :lol:

But genuinely, this was an absolutely top-notch banger of a kick-off to a new series, Goorab... and positively morbid yet hilarious :lol:

I absolutely loved all of it. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Part 3 :P

As usual, here is my video solution~

However, unlike usual (as you know), there are two (at least afaik) alternate solutions to this puzzle as well...
and I've uploaded those as well :lol:

Cookie and Ash's Solution B
MNIK and Joseppy's Solution C

Many thanks to Joseppy for recording C for me. :)

Also, not entirely sure I actually "solved" B right - the timing was definitely weird when I tried it, so I may have missed a normal step. But I suspect I still did it mostly the same way they did. :?

Many thanks for the adventure. Can't wait for April so I can upload Part 2 and comment on Cookie's part :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:29 pm

I can totally imagine her as a Zap-Bot. I actually had a dream about an NPC Zap-Bot once.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:44 pm

Thank you Jutomi for providing the videos as usual. You're a staple of our community, and a crucial part in recording the history of Wonderland Adventures custom content.
TwingleTheScraggler wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:45 pm
This is a bit off-topic, but one of the signs mentions a character named Beam. Who is she, and, more importantly, what is she?
The style of her name is reminiscent of the way Kabooms are named in the official Wonderland Adventures games. So, if I had to guess, she's a Kaboom. Her role in this adventure appears to be providing support equipment to the Reapers, but perhaps Cookie or Nobody will clarify further in a future adventure or prove me wrong.
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:29 pm
I can totally imagine her as a Zap-Bot. I actually had a dream about an NPC Zap-Bot once.
NPC Zap-Bot is a pretty cool idea, and would actually be pretty easy to make in the editor. :)
TwingleTheScraggler
Gold Wonderlander

Post by TwingleTheScraggler » Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:17 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:44 pm
Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:45 pm
The style of her name is reminiscent of the way Kabooms are named in the official Wonderland Adventures games. So, if I had to guess, she's a Kaboom. Her role in this adventure appears to be providing support equipment to the Reapers, but perhaps Cookie or Nobody will clarify further in a future adventure or prove me wrong.
How did I not realize that? :oops: