4x Glitch Adventure Pack: Four Trials of Death Defiance

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

4x Glitch Adventure Pack: Four Trials of Death Defiance

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:11 am

Hello, everyone! So, I was originally going to just release JMXI and JMXII as, like, "mirror versions" of each other (which I might still do but it's looking increasingly unlikely lol). But when I made the original version (which is now part 3), I already thought it was a bit "involved" to be just a misfits (as it technically involves multiple, mostly related glitches); but then I realized it technically had an alternate solution (before fixing it) that didn't get gold, but I still kinda liked.

Well, I then realized that not only did that resolve a glitch adventure idea I had, but I could also make two other glitch ideas I had cause they both happened to involve many similar elements. Go figure!

INCLUDED CONTENTS:
- 4 adventures (_Yb76-79_subtitle)
- 1 custom level texture and 2 background textures - by me. It's literally sundog island's texture but inverted... :lol:
- 4 music tracks, which can also be found in My Music Pack (Edition 1+), which include:
+ 80010: Red Light above (Tetrobot and Co. - by Morusque)
+ 80011: Crossroads (Tetrobot and Co. - by Morusque)
+ 80012: Freeze / The Perfect Snowball (Spiral Knights - by Harry Mack)
+ 80013: Fire / Things Are Heating Up (Spiral Knights - by Harry Mack)

So, without further ado, here is not a Jut's Misfits, but a special collection of four, really weird glitch adventures baring a striking resemblance. Feel free to ask me for any help; there are some really quirky glitches involved, several I don't believe have ever been found before! And, as a head start, I'll let you know that I made the colored buttons in the 2nd and 4th adventures only activate with the player's ID. Hopefully I will not need to patch another alternate solution by doing that for every button...

I hope you enjoy :)

P.S. I may have to cull off making adventures for a while. Not because I'm short on ideas; I have enough ideas to probably come out with 2 more Jut's Misfits and 2 other stand-alones on top of my hub and another contribution. But I need to focus on getting some irl stuff done and the amount of time I have sapped into RTW and WA and nothing else has been excessive :lol: (plus my video upload schedule is gonna be booked until like the end of May at best. :roll:)

My Video Solutions:

Averting Death
Evading Death
Dodging Death
Cheating Death
Last edited by Jutomi on Fri May 05, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: 4x Glitch Adventure Pack: Four Trials of Death

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:17 pm

Aight, one downside of these links is I cannot tell how many folks downloaded the adventure :lol:

Very important changes (and I might as well make a changelog):

Initial Release: Initial release.

Second Release: Forgot to change red buttons to indigo ones. (Also ruffled a single tile in part 4.)

Third Release: Changed the adventures' names around so that:

- Defying Death -> Averting Death
- Avoiding Death -> Evading Death
- Rejecting Death -> Dodging Death
- Evading Death -> Cheating Death

Changed the Adventure Pack's name from "Four Trials of Death" to "Four Trials of Death Defiance"

(Technically there was a mini release immediately after 3, but it was just to change a wall tile into a water tile in #4. Arbitrary design choice.

Fourth Release: Moved stars back so you can't flash them... woops. (also naturified CD's corners)
Last edited by Jutomi on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: 4x Glitch Adventure Pack: Four Trials of Death Defiance

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:43 pm

I was extremely unsure whether to name 3 Defying or Dodging. Dodging is a seven-letter word starting with D that sounds quite opposite to "cheat", works well with the theme, and is monosyllabic. Defying is also a seven-letter word starting with D that is more distal to averting/evading, is more accurate to what's going on, and is much more similar to avert/evade; however, it's bisyllabic and also leaves "cheating" as the odd one out (and it's too good a choice for a five-letter word in this case). This was a painful decision, so I've decided to name it Dodging Death, and instead did the following:

- Changed the name of the level pack from "Four Trials of Death" to "Four Trials of Death Defiance". Defiance is a nice word, cause it still has the four-letter "defy" but also has a four-letter -ance, thus making it an 8 letter word despite the elongated suffix - really ties everything together, and sums up the entire quartet much more nicely. :^)

If you couldn't tell I put way too much thought into this.

Incidentally, here's a list of all of the things I put way too much thought into if you're interested. :lol:
I wrote:So each adventure is basically the same, just with a few elements switched out and, in a couple cases, added or moved. Each should display (mostly) different glitches in amusing ways, with 1 theoretically being the most "introductory" of them. Similarities/Distinctions between them include:

They are each rotations of the other in chronological order with different textures and lighting

Season / Element:
1: Autumn/Earth {Hence "Eartum" and the description
2: Winter/Water {Hence "Wanter" and the less-obvious description}
3: Spring/Air {Hence "Spairing" and the description}
4: Summer/Fire {Hence "Sunner"... bit stretchier, and the less-obvious description}

Primary and Secondary Colour Changes:
1: Red / Yellow; 2: Indigo / Blue; 3: Purple / Green; 4: White / Orange

Background:
Dark Green; Light White; Light Green; Dark White

Names:
Averting; Evading; Dodging; Cheating

Plants (trees remain the same throughout):
Spiky Plant, Red Cactus; Blue Plant, Blue Cactus; Green Plant, Green Cactus; Red Plant, White Cactus

Weather:
Rain/Fog; Leaves/Snow; Rainbows Rising; Amber Falling

Lighting:
Dark, Purpleish; Blue; Light, Greenish; Red

Magics:
Flash; Flash/Pop; Flash; Flash/Pop

Monsters:
Box (Dead Plant) and Red Crab (Scaredy Natural)
Moobot (Dead Metal) and Ghost (Hunting Supernatural... maybe from the scritter?)
Fire Flower (Live Plant) and Rainbow Bubble (Scaredy Supernatural)
Weebot (Live Metal) and Chomper (Hunting Natural)

Tiling:
Yeah mostly just whatever, but there are definitely some tiling similarities/differences between them all. 1/2 also have more dilapidated walls, whereas 3/4 have normie walls.

Water:
Always flows east: Green; White; Blue; Red

Bridges:
Moss, Water; Wood, Water/Mecha (alternated; would've done "glitch" but it's really bad); Rainbow, Magic; Metal, Mecha
(You'll see not all but a lot of these changes are actually done in the editor just by changing a value by one [or from first/last in the sequence]. :lol:)

Music:
From T&C; From SK; From T&C; From SK

Solutions:
I'm not explaining how there are similarities and how there are not; just know that there is an interesting cyclical set of similarities involving how one dodges death.

Unique Traits:
4 is the only one with a custom texture... even if it's just an inverted snow-based one xD (as opposed to the plant-based ones)
3 is technically larger to the north and west due to both the hills being more obvious (and looking wrong) as well as a funny audio glitch that might lead to another glitch I can exploit in the future; it's +10 in both directions from the standard 24x24
2's got an extra bridge jammed into it
4 is also just kinda the most divergent in terms of layout, due to the nature of what I have in store; 1 and 3 are otherwise practically identical.
Yeah... I put way too much thought into this. :lol:

Incidentally, uh, in case anyone is wondering, the titles are all double meanings as well. Lets just say the first word can be both a verb and a gerund (i.e. "by doing something").

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:51 pm

Fourth release is out. I don't feel too bad because obviously no one figured out you could just press the wood trap button, feed/pop the lurker and flash the star (except maybe in Dodging Death), so I take it no one spent an eternity on these puzzles... :lol:

But yeah uh you'll have to redownload them. Unless you're comfortable just... not flashing the star. Then you can pretend you've got the latest version ;p

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm

Aaaand my video solutions to this series is finally uploaded! They can be found at the bottom of the top post, just under the adventure download. :)

Hope you all enjoy; there are some pretty crazy ones in this pack :lol: