Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Ugh, then I cannot recommend using them anymore because Soon™ I'll replace the asset pack with a new one. I hope you don't expect me to work fast because I have a lot of real life things to do now.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by LexieTheFox » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:43 pm

Oh no worries, I work on Operation Mecha at an all time low. It leads to amazing quality (imo...) but very slow progression.

I'm sure I won't even be half-way done by the time you get around to this. I'll just try to see if I can use the trees sparingly, and if not, oh well. It's just a bunch of wop replacements.

Take your time, no worries.
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 pm

I was actually planning to provide direct replacements - file names would stay the same, just the models and textures will change.

EDIT: I wouldn't like to worry anyone but while tinkering with the AoEO models I realised how broken some of them are. Remaking these will take much longer than I expected.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
Aryan
Rainbow Keeper
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Aryan » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:48 am

Pawelec wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:11 pm
I was actually planning to provide direct replacements - file names would stay the same, just the models and textures will change.

EDIT: I wouldn't like to worry anyone but while tinkering with the AoEO models I realised how broken some of them are. Remaking these will take much longer than I expected.
Could you do it soon? Patrick told that we have to finalize everything till mid-Augest.
User avatar
Aryan
Rainbow Keeper
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Aryan » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:13 am

I have a suggestion: you could leave broken trees for now, I am sure nobody would have used them (if any?). And how much of your work is done? Could it be completed in this month? Please reply ASAP.
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:33 am

Definitely not this month :stinkysad:

AoEO trees are not that much of a problem when it comes to licencing (the original creators don't seem to care, if they still exist), it's the Mayan set what bothers me more (BitGem is somehow involved in licensing but things are unclear) but providing a replacement is not that easy as it is a huge set.

I don't quite know what to do because I'm having less and less time to work on the replacements. I think a quick one could be basing the whole set on Classic Trilogy temple texture with severe modifications.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
Aryan
Rainbow Keeper
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Aryan » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:09 am

Uh-oh! :stinkysad:

I will PM Patrick and ask him if he could give some more time. AoEO trees are already been removed from CvP (thanks to FinnThor) and for Mayan Assets we will see... so the archive could be ready for the CD. People can download the excluded collection when its ready.

You should try to make Mayan Assets replacement, I think AoEO trees are now safe to be excluded from the archive.
Also, is Modular Bridge set and Crazy Mushrooms safe to be included? You said that Bridge set is a remake. :stinkyconfused:
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 pm

So I sat down to work today. Modular Bridge Set is replaced by 100% safe remake, I'm working on the Crazy Mushrooms now and I will move back to Mayan Temple when I'm done.

I did some reorganisation at the Lair so each asset is a separate topic now and dubious/W.I.P./to be included in a bigger pack assets are listed in the old thread. Link in the first post updated; maybe the new structure will encourage some comments and discussion at the Lair.

Good news is I may be able to finish before the end of the month, Mayan assets are easier to replace than I thought (some of my newly acquired Photoshop skills make imitating cartoon-ish stone and reliefs unbelievably easy).
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
FinnThor
Rainbow Master
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by FinnThor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:00 am

Pawelec wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:11 pm
So I sat down to work today. Modular Bridge Set is replaced by 100% safe remake, I'm working on the Crazy Mushrooms now and I will move back to Mayan Temple when I'm done.
Just for clarification, does the new Bridge Set have the same filenames as the old one? (And will the other Replacements have the same filenames?)
Cheese!

My Level List:
yay

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring FinnThor, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:17 am

Yes, you have to overwrite the files and everything will work.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
Aryan
Rainbow Keeper
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Aryan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 am

This is a good news! I will be updating the archive and checking for bugs etc till that time.
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:02 pm

The problem with the Mayan set is I find the quality of replacements made in a hurry not acceptable, they are nowhere close to hand-painted textures. I need to find a way to make them both looking good and quick to make.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:34 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 am

This might be a silly question, but how do I exactly use custom models? :oops:

EDIT: NVM it's working now for some reason, perhaps I kept misspelling things.
EDIT2: I can't download the Olympus custom models because the link is broken, I would appreciate if someone who has them uploaded them to here. :P
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
User avatar
FinnThor
Rainbow Master
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by FinnThor » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am

|Cookie| wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 am
EDIT2: I can't download the Olympus custom models because the link is broken, I would appreciate if someone who has them uploaded them to here. :P
If you haven't already received them I'll upload them to mediafire/dropbox and PM the link to you.
Cheese!

My Level List:
yay

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring FinnThor, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
User avatar
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by LexieTheFox » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:33 am

FinnThor wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am
|Cookie| wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 am
EDIT2: I can't download the Olympus custom models because the link is broken, I would appreciate if someone who has them uploaded them to here. :P
If you haven't already received them I'll upload them to mediafire/dropbox and PM the link to you.
Could I get a link to that as well? I'd VERY MUCH appreciate having access to the matching olympus models as I am using the Olympus leveltexture..

Please and THANK you!
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
User avatar
Pawelec
Rainbow Master
Posts: 690
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:37 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Pawelec » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am

Long time no posts, I bring you good news!

Some serious real life problems in my family forced me to basically abandon all spare time activities but they will be over soon and the most life-blocking parts have already ended. When I promise something it happens sooner or later so I'll get back to tidying the Lair up in a few weeks, all the links will be fixed, some of the promised stuff finished etc.

I was considering changing the upload provider so if you think someone is better than MediaFire (I was thinking about Google Drive) then feel free to suggest them. The main factor is how likely they are to remove the files after time because I have no intention of expanding the Lair after the clean up and final releases I have planned are done, Google seems to keep them forever. I am considering setting up a home server (I keep tons of data in various places, I think it's time to bring it all together) so one day I may host them on my own.

Also, given I don't have as much time as I used to and producing quality content takes a lot of time I decided to re-upload all the content with dubious licencing status (including the fabulous Mayan set). No one has tracked me down so far and modding/custom content is a grey zone anyway when it comes to copyright.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
User avatar
Aryan
Rainbow Keeper
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by Aryan » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Pawelec wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am
Long time no posts, I bring you good news!

Some serious real life problems in my family forced me to basically abandon all spare time activities but they will be over soon and the most life-blocking parts have already ended. When I promise something it happens sooner or later so I'll get back to tidying the Lair up in a few weeks, all the links will be fixed, some of the promised stuff finished etc.

I was considering changing the upload provider so if you think someone is better than MediaFire (I was thinking about Google Drive) then feel free to suggest them. The main factor is how likely they are to remove the files after time because I have no intention of expanding the Lair after the clean up and final releases I have planned are done, Google seems to keep them forever. I am considering setting up a home server (I keep tons of data in various places, I think it's time to bring it all together) so one day I may host them on my own.

Also, given I don't have as much time as I used to and producing quality content takes a lot of time I decided to re-upload all the content with dubious licencing status (including the fabulous Mayan set). No one has tracked me down so far and modding/custom content is a grey zone anyway when it comes to copyright.
Other than Google Drive, you can use Dropbox. Many custom music pack creators (who put trademarked musics in these packs) use it. I could also allow hosting these on my archive site (https://archive.zbots.space) but only safe content, not the copyrighted ones.
User avatar
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star
Posts: 1852
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:34 am

Re: Pawelec's Custom Lair is online!

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:29 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:27 am
|Cookie| wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:41 am
EDIT2: I can't download the Olympus custom models because the link is broken, I would appreciate if someone who has them uploaded them to here. :P
If you haven't already received them I'll upload them to mediafire/dropbox and PM the link to you.
I'd really appreciate it if you did that! Sorry for the late replay. :oops:
Pawelec wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am
[LONG POST SO I DECIDED NOT TO QUOTE IT]
Very happy to see you again! I think google drive is a good option, but if it doesn't work for whatever reason, I believe dropbox is just as good, just like Aryan said. :D
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Post Reply