Apple Grove - Wonderfalls-based Level retexture(In progress)

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Apple Grove - Wonderfalls-based Level retexture(In progress)

Post by Creeperpasta » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 am

Hi guys! I've started on a new level texture ^_^.
I've been meaning to do a new hub adventure that would use the level textures I'm working on, but I'm afraid that I might not be able to finish this hub, like the ones I've started before. :cry: so, *gulp*

Though it really was intended to be a retexture, it looks like it could be a standalone. I really loved the Wonderfalls texture, so I tried to make a bit more of a vibrant one, which ended up looking like a somewhere in between pastoral and wonderfalls texture.

The water tiles are heavily inspired by the rmxp tile waters (yes, I used to play with those).

(And yes, the fences are improperly rotated. Ah well)
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:56 pm

I like the retro mood this pack brings. And congratulations on tile seamlessness :D
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

what?

Post by Creeperpasta » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Pawelec wrote:I like the retro mood this pack brings. And congratulations on tile seamlessness :D
:oops: :oops: apparently, i think I did horribly with seamlessness. 2-valued wall tiles don't match well with the sides, and the grass corner is a bit obvious. But thank you :) I really enjoyed doing this one, and staring at it for some time :(... It's a bad habit, and it doesn't let me do much.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:22 am

Staring at the texture is extremely important, it lets you see the things which are still to be fixed :wink:
by Giuseppe Verdi
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

XD

Post by Creeperpasta » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:51 am

Pawelec wrote:Staring at the texture is extremely important, it lets you see the things which are still to be fixed :wink:
If you put it that way... :lol: sorry for the late reply XD

If anyone's still interested in this level texture, I'm still working on it. :lol: There's still a large part that I haven't used up yet, which I am currently working on. I'm adding tiles that are essential to the hub I am working on.
Please donate some crackers for my pet parrot.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:57 pm

I think it's pretty good.
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

XD

Post by Creeperpasta » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:06 am

Wonderman109 wrote:I think it's pretty good.
Thank you. But I still struggle with the seamlessness. For some reason, the pixel ends of the tiles overlap, which I've decided to let go.
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Re: XD

Post by Pawelec » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:18 am

Creeperpasta wrote:For some reason, the pixel ends of the tiles overlap, which I've decided to let go.
Are you aware of the 62x62 render bug? In fact the 1px wide frame of every tile is not rendered correctly at the tile tops by WA's engine, but it doesn't apply to the backgroundtex which is rendered as it should be, the 64x64 way.

I used to make a 64x64 version of every tile and make a copy shrunk to 62x62 as a new layer over that tile, so I don't lose the detail if I decide to edit the tile later on.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

EDIT

Post by Creeperpasta » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:23 am

I thought it was just about one pixel off along the edges, but your method seems to work! :shock: I don't even know why, but it does look perfect when you resize it to 62x62 and keep the original on. :( still weird for me though. Thanks a bunch, Pawelec!

EDIT:

I tried it out on the grass tile, and it turned out really nice. Would it work as well with non-patterned tiles such as dirt corners?

Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:44 am

This method works for all top-rendered tiles, you cannot achieve true seamlessness without it. I discovered that bug while making a texture with geometric, ancient Greece inspired ornaments, because the decorations featured a lot of mosaic-like, 1px parts and the outer frame was not visible in-game.

I wish that was before I released the Faithful texture mod, now the whole thing need remaking to look the way it should.
by Giuseppe Verdi
Creeperpasta
Gold Wonderlander

Post by Creeperpasta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:00 am

I did try a little test to confirm it, and I think it's because MS had to make a little overlap. If they did not do so, there would be gaps seen when the tile reaches either a vertical or a horizontal distance or both away from the player and nearer to the window's edge.(But yeah, chances say it could also be an inaccuracy slash bug) So the ends of the borders are somewhat sharing a fractional portion where one becomes on top and the other on the bottom or simply just overlapped.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:25 am

Bump

Is this still a thing, or is this leveltexture "dead"?
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!