New Modelset: Classic Trilogy Models

Leveltextures, Custom Icons, etc. for Wonderland Adventures.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

New Modelset: Classic Trilogy Models

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:42 pm

Since most of the RTW models are .3ds files, they can easily be imported into the WA3E through the Custom Model wop. If I bothered enough about it I could have made a wop set to be added to the Retro folder, but I think the model files will do for now. Use them to the most surreal or practical abilities! Plus this'll include almost everything that wasn't in the MOFI Retro set.

A couple notes and fun facts:
- The flower model is actually cut-off in the original trilogy games. It's an actual flower and not just bulbs coming from the ground! See image below.
- The fish model is originally an .x file of a dolphin, scaled down. I'm serious.
- I've included all six house textures that are present in the game's files (House A-D, E is a test texture, F is a template)
- The Rainbow Spirit model I think uses the ghost model? Hence it isn't included.
- The tree model can be used four ways: as-is, slimmed down, with the mushroom texture, and with the mushroom texture scaled down. Yes, it's really that versatile.
- Lastly, the 'other-alt textures' folder contains textures for the boulders, houses, stinker statues, and the other stinker .bmp files (alt emotions for each player and whatnot).

Below is a list of all adjustments to make for each model for them to look fairly close to how they are in-game. A couple are off (pillars, reflectors) since I'm a bit lazy. Sorry. Generally you need to just fix the PitchAdjust but some are particular (the pyramid floats, for example).

RECOMMENDED ADJUSTMENTS
Boulders/Linked Spheres: Textures are included, but I would use !Sun Sphere2 for a model, rtwboulder.jpg for a texture, then ZAdjust 0.5.
Clock: PitchAdjust 270.0, ZAdjust 0.5
Chomper: ZAdjust 0.3
Flower: ScaleAdjust 0.02, PitchAdjust 270.0; use ZAdjust 0.4 to include the base of the model, use variable RollAdjust
Fountain: ZAdjust 0.5, PitchAdjust 270.0
Fish: ScaleAdjust 0.001, XScale 0.5, though experiment with X/Y/Z/Scale adjustments from there.
Fish rotation: Is a bit finnicky. Try YawAdjust 180.0, YawAnim -1, XAnim 1, and YAnim -1. Mess with speed values from there to make it look good. It'll look weird in the MNIKEditor but try in-game.
Generator: ZAdjust 0.5, PitchAdjust 270.0, X/Y/ZScale 1.2
Ghost: PitchAdjust 270.0
Ghost Box: ZAdjust 0.5. It won't look right due to its lack of translucency and 'breathing' effect.
Green Scouge: PitchAdjust 270.0, variable RollAdjust
House: ScaleAdjust 1.5, ZAdjust 1.5, RollAdjust 270.0 (recommended, can be variable), PitchAdjust 270.0
Kaboom!: None.
Loof: XYZAdjust 0.8, maybe 0.7
Mushroom: RollAdjust 270.0, PitchAdjust 270.0. For small, use ScaleAdjust 0.3 (maybe 0.25).
Pillar: PitchAdjust 270.0
Pine A/B: None needed
Powder Keg: ZAdjust 0.5, PitchAdjust 270.0
Pyramid: ZAdjust 0.43, PitchAdjust 270.0
Prism: ZAdjust 0.5, PitchAdjust 270.0
Reflector: ZAdjust 0.5, PitchAdjust 270.0. Not sure how worthy they are of including here since they lack transparency.
Snowman: None.
Steel Box: ZAdjust 0.5
Sticky Cube: ZAdjust 0.5, PitchAdjust 270.0(?), X/Y/ZScale 1.2. If you can get them to be partially transparent then more power to you.
Stinky/Qookie/Peegue: None needed. What glory.
Unused Cryptid Stinker: Welcome to the horrible nightmare reality that we live in.
Spike A/B: PitchAdjust 270.0
Spikes: ZAdjust between 0.0 and 0.5, but ultimately up to you; PitchAdjust 270.0
Tree: RollAdjust 270.0, PitchAdjust 270.0. Experiment with X/ZAdjusts to get the slimmer tree from RTW (try 0.3?)

If there's anything I forgot, and I probably did, then let me know and I'll upload them here in a secondary post. I'll also upload the WSW and Krabby Quest models (where applicable) at some point.

Many thanks to MNIK for a couple research things, .x and .md2 to .3ds model conversion, and also a lot of ridiculous dumb crap we did with RTW models in the past.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.