The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 4/2/23)

The Wonderland Open Source Project

Moderators: ILoveWonderland, Sammy_P, Lazy Loof

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 6/13/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:11 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:59 pm
Add Data/Adventures mode, like my direct hub editors, it reads the adventures from Data/Adventures directly. :stinkyhappy:
I've been thinking something like that would be really nice!

new MNIKEditor build 6/15/22

- Custom brushes can now be resized without losing the custom brush. This makes it very easy to expand small copied regions into very large regions of the same pattern.
- Added a new toolbar setting called brush wrap which affects custom brush mode. Brush wrap relative is the brush setting you're used to. Brush wrap modulus makes the tiles or objects grabbed in your custom brush wrap around the edge of the brush based on the brush's position. This make it possible to easily do tilings such as checkerboards.
- Objects can now be placed outside of the level boundaries. This is useful for placing distant scenery objects or for teleporting other objects into the scene with CMD 42. Objects also no longer get deleted if they're outside the level during a resize. The brush now renders outside of the level boundaries.
- Switching between dupe modes now causes the brush to switch into set axis mode, which lets you click a tile to set the mirror axis there.
- Resizing the level now moves all objects' adjuster-based positions along with the resizing. This affects NPC move commands, general commands with CMD 7/11/41/42/61, LevelExits in this level that lead to this level, the MoveXGoal/MoveYGoal adjusters, magic/meteor shooters, cuboid CMDs, and motherships.
- Tweaked the Resize Current/Duplicate tooltip text so that the current Resize Current/Duplicate status is on the right side of the tooltip, where the actual level dimensions are.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 6/12/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:26 am

jdl wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:32 am
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:50 am
- Removed fullscreen mode due to all the problems it has caused people.
Would it be possible to add the ability to change the rendering resolution of the Editor?
At the moment you're able to maximize or resize the window, but this doesn't seem to change the resolution that the Editor is running at internally, and this causes everything to get very blurry. Perhaps it could go by the same resolution that's set by Player.exe?
Yep, all done now!

new MNIKEditor build 6/16/22

- The editor's window dimensions will now match the dimensions configured for the player executable. This includes widescreen support. You should now be able to have much more space in the level editor for viewing the actual level.
- For new interchanges in the dialog editor, their answers will now end the dialog returning to the current interchange by default (i.e. FNC 1).
- Added tooltips for the AskAbout adjusters in the dialog editor.
- Added some sensible default randomization ranges for Stinker NPC Data values, most notably their hat and glasses. Now you can place unimportant NPCs without angsting over what they should wear!
- Object adjuster randomization ranges now return to their default values every time an adjuster's randomization is turned off or on.
- Mothership destruction particles are now simulated.
- Mothership Data0 (TimerMax) has been renamed to SpawnTimer. The value of 0 has been labeled as "No Spawns". Mothership SubType has been renamed to AudioTimeOffset. Mothership Status values now have proper labels.
- Glovecharge Data1 has been renamed to Usability. Glovecharge Data9 has been renamed to ReadyForSound. Glovecharge SubTypes are now labeled as Regular, Faint, and OneByOne.
- Brush dimensions have been capped at 100 x 100.
- Centered the TTC and OTC tooltips a bit better.
- Added a stupid hack to prevent MAVs from too many vertices at immense brush sizes. The hack is to simply not render additional brush vertices after a certain number of them are present. It's meant to be a temporary solution but I might also just keep this forever. That's the nature of software engineering.
- Fixed a bug that caused simulated player-facing objects to face northwest instead of south when the cursor is not present in the level.
- Mouse wheel scrolling can now be performed on the screen for choosing a new adventure to put in a hub.
- You can now actually edit the Data4 of the OpenWA shard and glyph commands.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 6/16/22)

Post by jdl » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:36 am

The Accessory and Accessory Color values for Stinker NPCs seem to be bugged - they're acting like the Hat and Hat Color adjusters.
Also the new resolution support for the Editor is great! I do have to adjust the camera zoom level every time I open the Editor since it's zoomed in too much though, but that's just a minor inconvenience.

If you're looking for something to fill the extra space with when running the Editor in larger resolutions, I have 2 ideas: a larger object adjuster area, or a minimap that can be used to pan the camera with the mouse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:04 pm

jdl wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:36 am
The Accessory and Accessory Color values for Stinker NPCs seem to be bugged - they're acting like the Hat and Hat Color adjusters.
This is intentional behavior, because under the hood, hats and glasses act exactly the same (except for color values being offset by 1). This means you can give a Stinker two hats or two glasses. If you want to use glasses, set the accessory ID to 101 or higher (ctrl+click on the adjuster to go there immediately). Maybe I will rename the adjusters to Acc1 and Acc2, to give stronger indication that this is not a bug.

I like both the extra adjusters idea and the minimap idea. I will think it over some more.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:16 pm

I had no idea accessories worked that way! Very interesting!

Also, I have found some bugs:
1. If you switch to Hub editing mode on the main menu, there are seven extra yellow ='s on the right side if you have the resolution set big enough to see it.
2. If you have "Show IDs/Indices/Counts" turned on and a NPC Move button selected, the ID/Index/Count will still be displayed under the yellow NPC Move ID text on the NPC in question.
3. You can still move the Editor camera in the background when in the tile graphic picker screen.
4. The numbers for "Show IDs/Indices/Counts" and the NPC Move Button yellow ID text will show up on the tile graphic picker screen.
5. If your resolution is big enough, you can see the level in the tile graphic picker screen.
6. If your resolution is big enough, you can select tiles outside of the normal area in the tile graphic picker screen.
7. You can edit objects while in the tile graphic picker screen. This causes the Editor to enter object-editing mode, and you can no longer pick a tile graphic. Any clicks you make will actually place objects in the background.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:08 am

What is the difference between Linked and LinkBack?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:13 am

jdl wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:16 pm
I had no idea accessories worked that way! Very interesting!
Me neither, until just a couple months ago when someone brought a custom hat to my attention. Thank you for the bug reports!
nasko222 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:08 am
What is the difference between Linked and LinkBack?
When an object with LinkBack is destroyed, it will set the object with the index matching LinkBack to have a Linked value of -1, essentially "unlinking" it.

In the Lurker room of Strongest Links, you can see what happens when LinkBack isn't set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 6/22/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:14 pm

new MNIKEditor build 6/22/22

- Added a settings menu that can be accessed from the adventure select menu. The rendering resolution of the editor can be set there, meaning it no longer automatically matches what's set in the player.
- Right-clicking the ID filter now inverts the filter, meaning that objects which would have been hidden will instead be shown and vice versa.
- Shift+scroll and ctrl+scroll while hovering the mouse over the level editor camera now adjusts the width and height of the brush respectively. Both keys can be held at the same time to adjust both the width and the height of the brush at once.
- Added two new adventure folder views in addition to Current and Archive: Player and Data/Adventures. The Player folder will let you easily copy adventures made by other people.
- New adventure filenames will now be checked against what's already in the player or Data/Adventures to verify no duplicates are created.
- The editor can now load adventures that have hashes in the folder name.
- Compiling adventures that have the author's name before the hash will now preserve the author.
- Added access to 21 new walking animations for Stinker NPCs by removing the adjuster limiters on WalkAnim.
- The level editor camera is now less zoomed-in by default on larger window resolutions.
- "<< Height >>" has been changed to "^^ Height vv" so that it is easier to identify the direction of expansion and contraction.
- Cuboid destruction CMDs now show target ID tooltips and overlay text.
- The blue pillar now appears for a spellball's GoalX,GoalY, and it can also be set by middle-clicking. This position will also be preserved upon resizing the level.
- Added a bit more detail to OTC tooltips.
- All object adjusters for integers and floats can now be randomized. New randomization additions include Linked, LinkBack, DestructionType, Frozen, DX, DY, Caged, and Indigo.
- Added labels for the SpdAnm Stinker NPC Turn adjuster values, which only affect Dance and PanicConstant by making the animation twice as fast.
- Fixed a bug that caused the lower bound of random ranges to not have the correct mouse position for adjustment in widescreen editors.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the tile picker to stay open when switching to object-editing mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused object overlay text (object IDs etc) to appear over the texture picker.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when trying to scroll through the adventure select menu while it isn't longer than a page.
- Fixed a bug that caused simulated gold stars to emit particles while not fully active.
- Fixed a bug that caused simulated alternating bridges to not come up high enough on simulation level 1.
- Fixed a few other small inaccuracies in object simulation.
- Fixed a bug that made a value of -1 accessible on Stinker NPC and Kaboom NPC Turn adjusters.
- The Stinker NPC Hat and Acc adjusters have been renamed to Acc1 and Acc2 respectively, and their Colour adjusters have been renamed to Colour1 and Colour2.
- Magic charger Data4 is now labeled as Homing for the sake of the OpenWA folks.
- The mouse-based texture picker no longer allows you to pick textures that are out-of-bounds.
- The level can no longer be seen behind the texture picker in larger resolutions.
- The camera can no longer be moved while the texture picker is open.
- Removed the extra = characters that are visible in hub editing mode on widescreen.
- Removed the limiters on Thwart and Ice Troll WalkAnim, not that it does anything interesting.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm

you broke something, I opened one of my adventures in the new editor, and the linked values jumped a lot higher. (I was using 6/13/22 till now)
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:20 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm
you broke something, I opened one of my adventures in the new editor, and the linked values jumped a lot higher. (I was using 6/13/22 till now)
Good catch. Turns out it's because I typed a single letter wrong... I will release a fix shortly.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 6/23/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:50 pm

new MNIKEditor build 6/23/22

- The objects with the index matching the current object's Linked or LinkBack value are now marked with a red number.
- The camera's position is now saved when using Test Level At Cursor. The camera's position is restored once the editor is reopened.
- Fixed a new bug that caused Linked to be calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple overlay texts to be drawn on top of each other for the same object, for instance when both the yellow ID text and Show Indices are active.
- All object overlay text is now properly outlined.
- Show Indices now precedes every number with a hash symbol to clarify that these values are distinct from IDs.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 6/24/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:34 am

new MNIKEditor build 6/24/22

- General commands now display their command number on the object itself. They are color-coded based on the command type.
- Wraith's default TrueMovement values can now be set with the T key.
- After selecting an adventure on the adventure select screen, the next menu now requires you to release your mouse on the same button you press it on. This means we should all end up accidentally triggering Move to Archive less often now. (It's not just me, right??)
- AutoDoor ActivateID 0 is now labeled as Creatures.
- Fixed a bug that caused fill mode brushes to be able to partially take effect outside of the level boundaries. This may have also fixed a related MAV.
- Fixed a new bug that caused LevelExits' PlayerYaw label to revert to Data4.
- Fixed an ancient bug that caused the master.dat editor to open the wrong file when moving the mouse away from where it was pressed during the loading time. Triggering the bottom buttons during this time period is now prevented as well.
- Fixed an ancient bug that caused the level width and height value display to become off-center when it hits the single or triple digits.
- Fixed a bug that caused mouse text entry's horizontal position to be slightly incorrect.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 7/1/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:01 pm

new MNIKEditor build 7/1/22

- Added a preview for the objects or tiles about to be placed by the brush. This also makes it easy to tell the difference between Brush Wrap Relative and Brush Wrap Modulus when using custom brushes.
- Custom brushes can now be used across brush modes, which means they can be used with block mode, fill mode, and so on. In other words, custom brushes are treated mostly the same way as a normal brush.
- Implemented OpenWA's custom content packing functionality that happens when ctrl+clicking the Compile+Exit button.
- Block mode's aesthetic now matches the other brush modes, particularly in the sense that it previews the tiles or objects being placed.
- Pressing F now flips the brush horizontally.
- Pressing V now rotates the brush 90 degrees. This feature is currently incomplete for custom brushes.
- Brush Wrap Relative is now centered on the brush cursor instead of the top-left of the brush.
- Object deletion now works properly with dupe mode.
- Level dimensions are now capped at 101 by 101 instead of 100 by 100. Thanks for the generosity, Blitz3d!
- Fixed some bugs that caused dupe mode brushes to be rendered incorrectly.
- Placement density is now mirrored properly in dupe mode.
- Potentially fixed a bug that caused the tile picker screen to appear completely black on some machines on some window resolutions.
- Added names for the ParticleSpawn SubTypes.
- The Sound adjuster now only appears on particle emitters of the Sparks or Blinker SubTypes.
- Added the player's Type to the default TrueMovement value retrieval.
- The !GloveTex texture is now properly previewed in the editor.
- Glove Discharge objects no longer appear as white squares.
- The vertex-coloring behavior of the glovecharge Type is now properly rendered.
- The level dimensions UI is now the same color as the rest of the GLOBALS section.
- Custom brushes are no longer purple since their functionality is otherwise identical to regular brushes now.
- Added the modded CMD 16 to the editor's knowledge.
- The transporter Turn adjuster now has proper labels for its OpenWA Turn settings.
- Acc2's Colour adjuster is now properly named Colour2.
- Any Stinker NPC textures that will MAV in-game will now be rendered in the editor as a solid purple.
- UFO and Zapbot Data8 has been renamed to LastShotTimer.
- Zipbot and Zapbot Data9 has been renamed to TrackTextureID. A value of -1 is labeled as Current.
- The adjuster limiters for Track have been removed. This is useful for modelswaps.
- The adjuster limiters for directions have been removed for UFO, Retro Z-Bot, Zipbot, Zapbot, and Scouge. This is useful for modelswaps.
- The adjuster limiters for Data2 have been removed for Zapbot and Zipbot. This means Zapbot speed can now be set above 3 without TrueMovement.
- Removed the spell color adjuster limiters on magic shooters.
- Removed the Data0 adjuster limiters on the Crystal model.
- The Moobot directions are now properly labeled as North/East/South/West.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 7/2/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:05 am

new MNIKEditor build 7/2/22

- Added Brush Wrap Random, which randomly samples a tile from the brush for every tile's worth of content placed. As usual, this works for both tiles and objects.
- Added Step Per Click, which increments values by their step size only when the mouse button enters its pressed state.
- The editor no longer sleeps (i.e. freezes) when pressing a mouse button to adjust a value or setting.
- Pressing X or numpad 5 now resets the level editor camera to its original position.
- Numpad / and *, which adjust the yaw of the camera, now rotate the camera about the world's axis rather than the camera's axis. This makes it feel much less awful.
- Holding shift can now be used to rotate the camera faster.
- Fixed a bug that caused ctrl+clicks to land on the wlv or dia columns when trying to ctrl+click the Compile+Exit button.
- Updated the OpenWA code for custom content packing. This seems to fix any issues with custom content packing that occurred in the previous editor version.
- The "Couldn't load texture" error no longer vanishes into oblivion after the first time it appears.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 7/3/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:49 am

new MNIKEditor build 7/3/22

- Fixed a long-standing bug that caused wlvs saved by the MNIKEditor to not function properly in vanilla (non-solid Moobots, unreadable signs, etc). This was caused by OpenWA's widescreen spellcasting feature saving extra bytes at the end of the file, which confuses the vanilla player into changing the state of every tile in the level. Any wlvs saved with this version of the MNIKEditor onwards will become compatible with vanilla (assuming no OpenWA-exclusive gameplay elements are used). Levels that need to be fixed in this manner will be marked as having unsaved changes once they are opened.
- Pressing X or numpad 5 now only resets the camera's angle, whereas shift+X or shift+numpad 5 resets both the camera's angle and position.
- I and O are now alternatives to numpad / and * to adjust the level editor camera's yaw.
- ButtonPush and Teleportable randomization now show their random range. This is the result of an effort to reuse code across adjusters in preparation for a certain upcoming editor feature.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 8/1/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 am

new MNIKEditor build 8/1/22

- Right-click dragging while in tile mode will now move chunks of level with the brush, including the objects on each tile.
- Multiple objects can now be selected at once. Plain old right-clicking will work the same as usual, replacing the current selection.
- Ctrl+right clicking an object will add or remove it from the current selection.
- Shift+right clicking will select all objects inside the brush. This can be combined with ctrl to select multiple regions with the brush.
- Tilde+right clicking will select all objects that have the same Type and ModelName as the clicked object.
- Right-clicking in the various fill modes now selects all objects in the brush region.
- Right-clicking without selecting an object now deselects the current selection.
- Pressing the Delete key while hovering the mouse over the OBJECTS menu will delete all currently-selected objects.
- Right-click dragging moves all selected objects at once.
- Pressing Ctrl+C copies all selected objects to the brush.
- Selecting multiple objects will cause adjusters with differing values to enter relative mode. Object adjusters that display with += will make relative adjustments when the Update button is used. For a relative object adjuster, a display of ... will mean that no change shall be applied to that attribute. Ctrl+clicking a relative object adjuster will turn it into an absolute adjuster, setting that attribute to that exact value on all selected objects when the Update button is used.
- Switching between object presets no longer deselects the currently-selected objects. This makes it possible to easily change a selected object to a given object preset.
- Placing multiple objects at once now immediately selects all placed objects.
- Ctrl+left clicking will place an object and add it to the current selection.
- The controls for block mode have been changed to be based on pressing and releasing buttons. Pressing and releasing the left mouse button will place a block of objects or tiles. Pressing and releasing the right mouse button will select a block of objects. Pressing and releasing delete will delete a block of objects.
- When more than one object is currently selected, the number of currently-selected objects is now shown in place of the object index.
- Randomization now works when using the Update button.
- Ctrl-clicking TTC or OTC now lets you set the attribute to a specified integer.
- The Show Object Counts tool now renders its text with a preceding x.
- It is no longer possible to place or drag objects outside the coordinate range [0, 100] because that crashes the game in vanilla.
- The Linked and LinkBack overlay text now always remains on the screen, pointing towards the object if it's not too far off-screen.
- Object selection markers now have a new look meant to be less intrusive for when numerous objects are all selected at once.
- Fixed a bug that caused Ctrl+F to not toggle fill mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Scouge model to not be rendered properly in the editor.
- Fixed a bug that caused find and replace to not work on TextData0 and TextData1.
- The blue marker for spellball goal tiles is no longer shown when either of the (x,y) coordinates is -1.
- ButtonPush and Teleportable now display their integer values in addition to their text.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 8/26/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:17 am

new MNIKEditor build 8/26/22

- Each object's Dialog adjuster now has a tooltip showing the first two lines of the first interchange of the chosen dialog.
- The dialog editor Destination Interchange adjusters now preview the first two lines of the destination interchange in the tooltip. This works with FNC 1 and 2 as well as the AskAbout Destination Interchange adjuster.
- CMDs 21-27 now have a tooltip on the Dialog No adjuster showing the first two lines of the first interchange of the chosen dialog.
- CMDs 21, 22, and 27 now have a tooltip on the Interchange adjuster showing the first two lines of the chosen interchange.
- CMDs 23-27 now have a tooltip on the AskAbout adjuster showing the chosen AskAbout's text.
- CMD 26's Value adjuster now labels the AskAbout Active values.
- Arcade cabinet Data0 has been renamed to Activates and lists all targeted IDs in order. The adjuster also now has the corresponding overlay text as well as a tooltip listing how many effective IDs in the level match each of the arcade cabinet's target IDs.
- Arcade cabinet SubType values are now displayed as either Available or Sold Out.
- Z-Bot NPC Data0 has been renamed to Exploding and its values have been labeled appropriately.
- Removed the limiters on the enemy NPC Shooter adjuster.
- Removed the limiters on the Z-Bot NPC's Turning adjuster.
- Removed the name and limiters on the Z-Bot NPC's IntroSound adjuster since it seems to do nothing.
- Fixed a bug that caused the target ID tooltip to sometimes show up on every CMD instead of only the relevant ones.
- Fixed a bug that caused bridges with IDs other than -1 to be listed with the wrong effective IDs.
- Fixed a simulation bug that caused Z-Bot NPCs to face the cursor even when their turn direction is fixed.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using the Z-Bot NPC model with a Data2 outside the 0-7 range. This is due to the Z-Bot NPC model actually using Data2 to index into a texture array.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 8/31/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:09 pm

new MNIKEditor build 8/31/22

- Hovering the mouse over an element of the master.dat editor's dialog column now shows a tooltip previewing the first two lines of the first interchange of that dialog.
- Optimized operations on large groups of tiles on simulation level 3.
- Ctrl+clicking the selected object's index in the OBJECTS menu now allows setting the object's index directly.
- Ctrl+clicking the Light text now allows setting every lighting value to the same given value.
- The hub editor can now add adventures from categories other than Current.
- The hub editor now marks missing adventures in red rather than automatically removing them from the hub.
- Right-clicking and middle-clicking adventure numbers in the hub editor now works the same as it does with wlvs and dias. In other words, adventures can be copied and swapped easily.
- The maximum number of hub adventures has been increased from 500 to 700.
- Pressing G to follow LevelExits will no longer immediately follow LevelExits in the destination level.
- Removed the limiters on Moobot's Turn adjuster. This makes it possible to get some pretty funky metatextures on Moobots, especially if you go up to 8 million or so.
- Moobot's Turn adjuster name is now also tied to the Moobot model instead of just the Moobot logic.
- The lack of in-game YawAdjust on the generalized !Pushbot model is now replicated in the editor.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to compile adventures that are not present in the Current folder.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred on some machines when placing one dialog style block prior to another block.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 9/1/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:20 am

new MNIKEditor build 9/1/22

- Object selection boxes are now 50% transparent.
- Gem color randomization now has the default range of 0-6.
- Gem shape randomization now has the default range of 0-2.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 9/2/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:39 am

new MNIKEditor build 9/2/22

- Fixed a bug that caused ScaleAdjust to be applied incorrectly when selecting multiple objects with varying ScaleAdjust.
- ScaleAdjust can now be zero.
- HIDE OBJECTS is now marked in orange.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 9/3/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:38 am

new MNIKEditor build 9/3/22

- Add names, value labels, and colors for the remainder of the modded CMDs: 14, 15, 17, 18, 101, 118, 119, and 120.
- Brr float Data1, Data2, and Data3 are now named TimeOffset, PitchAnim, and RollAnim respectively.
- Rainbow float Data2 is now named ColorOffset and labeled appropriately.
- Keyblocks (Types 80-87) now have their Data values properly named and labeled as CMD values. Keyblock Type 87 will fire a CMD once after its Timer runs out. Keyblock Type 84 is extremely useful if you want to have a CMD fired every tick after its Timer runs out!
- Keyblock Types are now properly named to help show whether they affect tile logic or not, as well as whether they'll run their CMD once, constantly, or never.
- Beta pickup items and beta used items (Types 70 and 71) are now simulated.
- Beta pickup items now have their Data values properly named and labeled.
- Negative WTurb is now properly simulated as being flat.
- CMD 16 now has the proper value label when targeting the player.
- The music text in the GLOBALS section is now properly centered.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:09 pm

As far as I can tell, "Keyblocks" are referring to the purple WA Beta Color Gate. Have any WOPs been created for this object and the key item that's used to activate it? How exactly do they work?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:52 pm

jdl wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:09 pm
As far as I can tell, "Keyblocks" are referring to the purple WA Beta Color Gate. Have any WOPs been created for this object and the key item that's used to activate it? How exactly do they work?
Yes, keyblocks are indeed the WA beta gates. There aren't any WOPs created for this object, but you can make them pretty easily by setting the Type adjuster to something in the 80-87 range. I usually use them with the !None model to run CMDs at a certain time.

When the keyblock's Timer value runs out, it will fire a CMD once or every frame, depending on the Type. The CMD can be configured in the Data value adjusters, just like a General Command can be. Keyblocks that only fire a CMD once will be destroyed when the CMD runs.

Depending on the Type, keyblocks may also change the tile logic when they're created and when they're destroyed.

As far as I know, keys do not interact with these objects. I do not know of a way to "trigger" keyblocks aside from using CMD 4 to change the Type or the Timer value.

The WA beta item is Type 70, for what it's worth. But I don't think you can get a key that interacts with keyblocks that way.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 9/13/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:30 am

new MNIKEditor build 9/13/22

- Added simulation level 4, which plays the current wlv's music. This makes it easy to preview custom music.
- Added a new option to the SHOW LEVEL tool called TRANSPARENT LEVEL, which makes the level transparent.
- Removed the limiters on the Shape and Texture adjusters for !Obstacle51, !Obstacle55, and !Obstacle59. This essentially allows any !Obstacle model to have the texture of any other !Obstacle model.
- Ctrl+clicking in any mouse-based text fields (dialog editor, adventure title, or adventure description) will allow inserting an arbitrary string at the cursor's position while ignoring the maximum length of each line. This makes it easy to break the length limit of each line.
- The level editor camera's render distance has been increased from 50 to 1000. This matches the in-game render distance.
- The level editor's SAVE LEVEL button now gets increasingly enraged the longer you go without saving. At 20 edits, the button will turn a shade of yellow. At 40 edits, the button will begin shaking. At 100 edits, the button will flash red and shake violently.
- Scrolling the mouse wheel over the Model adjuster while an !Obstacle model name is in use will adjust the number at the end of the model name. Hold shift to adjust faster.
- CMD 6 Red/Green/Blue values now also show the corresponding ambient light value.
- CMD 4 ActivationType values are now properly labeled.
- If any objects exist in the level, reducing the level size while shift is held down will request confirmation.
- When ctrl+clicking the level size adjusters, leaving the field blank will now do nothing.
- The brush now exits Test Level At Cursor mode when the wlv changes.
- Fixed a dialog editor bug that caused clicking the answer field to clear all of the interchange's text colors and effects.
- Fixed a dialog editor bug that caused clearing all text colors and effects to not count as an unsaved change.
- Fixed a bug where pressing G to follow LevelExits would immediately follow LevelExits in the destination level if their object index is higher.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when trying to use an !Obstacle model that doesn't exist.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when trying to use an !Obstacle texture that doesn't exist.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when trying to use a Wysp texture that doesn't exist.
- The mystery lattice underneath the level has migrated further downwards. I refuse to elaborate further.
- The Stinker NPC Texture and Expression adjusters are now also present on the Stinker NPC Type rather than just the model. The Stinker NPC WalkAnim adjuster is now present on the Stinker NPC Type instead of the model.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:42 pm

Version 9/13/22 is spitting out 2 debug files when using it in a WASharp installation.
The following files could not be loaded:
data\sound\inflate.wav
data\sound\prism.wav

WASharp seems to have these files under Data\NewSounds instead, so perhaps an extra check in that directory could be added.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:24 am

jdl wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:42 pm
Version 9/13/22 is spitting out 2 debug files when using it in a WASharp installation.
The following files could not be loaded:
data\sound\inflate.wav
data\sound\prism.wav

WASharp seems to have these files under Data\NewSounds instead, so perhaps an extra check in that directory could be added.
Hi jdl, thanks for the bug report! It will be fixed in the next release.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 9/27/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:56 am

new MNIKEditor build 9/27/22

- The adventure select menu now has tooltips showing the title of each adventure when the mouse hovers over them.
- Compiled adventures, built hubs, and compiled hubs now count and display the total number of wlv files and dia files.
- The hub editor now lets you left-click while pressing X to have adventures not be included in the total wlv and dia counts when building or compiling. Adventures marked in this way will have orange names in the hub editor.
- RubberDucky Data1 has been renamed to TiltMagnitude and Data2 has been renamed to TimeOffset. Note that these two attributes will only be applied in-game if the RubberDucky has a nonzero TTC.
- Removed the Ctrl+O dialog opening hotkey inside the dialog editor in favor of having Ctrl+O be used for choosing the color orange.
- Fixed a bug that caused the editor to try to load the inflate and prism sounds from the old Sound directory.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom models to not load when changing an object's model to !CustomModel.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 10/27/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:56 am

new MNIKEditor build 10/27/22

- The level editor camera's directional movement now works relative to its yaw. This also works with camera panning as well as the object camera. This makes it much easier to explore a scene from different angles.
- In the master.dat editor, the player's starting direction now has a tooltip showing their non-numeric direction (North, East, etc).
- Pressing Ctrl+S in the hub editor now saves the hub.
- Removed the limiters on the !Suctube and !SuctubeX Style adjuster. This makes it possible to get wacky metatextures on suctubes when using very big numbers. Try setting the Style value to eight million!
- Conveyors are now simulated. Finally.
- Returning to the previously-opened wlv is now mapped to Ctrl+Backspace instead of Ctrl+[.
- !CustomModels that cannot be located in the user's files no longer automatically get their TextData0 overwritten to be Default.
- The Adventures/Hubs button in the adventure select menu can now be right-clicked and scrolled.
- Fire trap TimerMax1 and TimerMax2 have been renamed to TimerOn and TimerOff respectively. Fire trap Timer has been renamed to StartDelay.
- FireFlower TimerMax1 has been renamed to TimerShoot. FireFlower Timer has been renamed to AttackDelay.
- Thwart Timer has been renamed to AttackDelay.
- Fixed a bug that caused the !Fence1 model to not load.
- Fixed a bug that caused hubs to not save when performing Save+Test on an adventure.
- Fixed a bug that caused Wysp textures to sometimes not be applied to the model properly.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to switch between Current, Archive, etc when trying to select a hub.
- Fixed a bug that caused dialog previews to not update when going from the level editor to the dialog editor and then back to the level editor without switching the previewed dialog.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using a Kaboom texture outside the normal range.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using a Wraith color outside the normal range.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using a Scritter color outside the normal range.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using a WaterFall type outside the normal range.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using a Thwart color outside the normal range.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using a Wee Stinker texture outside the normal range.
- For non-Wee Stinker Types, the !StinkerWee texture is now properly rendered as always being asleep and not being affected by Data8. As such, the limiters on the texture Data adjuster now only apply to the Wee Stinker Type and not the Wee Stinker model.
- All objects with the Wee Stinker Type are now simulated with their proper textures.
- !Flipbridges that aren't of the Flipbridge Type are now correctly rendered to be in their inactive state rather than their active state.
- Your family is now protected against spacebar.
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm

Can we request features? It's a minor one- I noticed how, in the official WA games, when you saved in certain wlvs, and looked at your save state, it would have the name of the hub area. I feel like it would be a neat touch for people in the process of making hubs to implement.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:35 pm

I'm not sure if it's a feature or not but is it possible to copy / paste interchanges within dialogs? Would save me a lot of time writing down the same thing over and over, thanks!
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]