The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 4/2/23)

The Wonderland Open Source Project

Moderators: ILoveWonderland, Sammy_P, Lazy Loof

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 10/27/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 am

sodapop! wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm
Can we request features? It's a minor one- I noticed how, in the official WA games, when you saved in certain wlvs, and looked at your save state, it would have the name of the hub area. I feel like it would be a neat touch for people in the process of making hubs to implement.
The official WA games do that by hardcoding the mapping between wlv number and location name inside the game's executable file. Unfortunately I don't think this behavior can be replicated in WA3E at this time. It's a pretty good feature request, so maybe you could ask the OpenWA team to add something like that.
ab-47 wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:35 pm
I'm not sure if it's a feature or not but is it possible to copy / paste interchanges within dialogs? Would save me a lot of time writing down the same thing over and over, thanks!
That would be pretty nice to have in my editor. I'll see if I can add it next update.

Cadence's custom dialog editor called PE-DIA could probably help you in the meantime: https://git.sr.ht/~cadence/PE-DIA
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:44 pm

sodapop! wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:09 pm
Can we request features? It's a minor one- I noticed how, in the official WA games, when you saved in certain wlvs, and looked at your save state, it would have the name of the hub area. I feel like it would be a neat touch for people in the process of making hubs to implement.
It's already available, just regular hubs cannot use it; only "complete hubs" can. OpenWA Editor supports this, in the hub main screen (see section 3 here), click COMPLETE: NO and complete hub functionality will be enabled. Now you can navigate between two pages; the second page contains the option to add save names for wlvs.
Unfortunately MNIK's editor does not support this functionality. :(
Previously known as Aryan101
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:00 am

Heres feature request.

Automatic second tile decoration

You know how each leveltex's second tile has thousand other parts like dots and angles, can you make it so it auto decorates it?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:20 am

nasko222 wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:00 am
Heres feature request.

Automatic second tile decoration

You know how each leveltex's second tile has thousand other parts like dots and angles, can you make it so it auto decorates it?
This would be a really nice feature and it's something I've thought about previously. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it but it's definitely on my radar. Thank you for the suggestion!
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:20 pm

Feature request:

You know how when you right click to rotate tiles, the topleft one repeats twice, Can you fix this?
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:41 pm

nasko222 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:20 pm
Feature request:

You know how when you right click to rotate tiles, the topleft one repeats twice, Can you fix this?
It doesn't repeat twice, it gets mirrored :P
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:20 pm

|Cookie| wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:41 pm
nasko222 wrote:
Feature request:

Yeah but, its the only corner that gets mirrored out of order, while the other 3 gets mirrored throughout one spin cycle.

IDK how to describe it, i think its obvious
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:41 pm

Are diagonal brushes a thing with this mod? I noticed row and column are added in the changelog.

Also, if this is built off an old OpenWA, how intercompatible are the two?
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:07 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:41 pm
Are diagonal brushes a thing with this mod? I noticed row and column are added in the changelog.

Especially with updates. I would like to use MNIKE but if it's too much for me I'd like to be able to go back to openWA without issue for my level.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:45 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:07 am
Wonderman109 wrote:

Especially with updates. I would like to use MNIKE but if it's too much for me I'd like to be able to go back to openWA without issue for my level.
You could do like I did at first and keep a backup editor just in case anything goes wrong, but the newer versions of MNIKEditor do have modded support, so you should be fine. :P
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:49 am

ab-47 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:45 am
Wonderman109 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:

You could do like I did at first and keep a backup editor just in case anything goes wrong, but the newer versions of MNIKEditor do have modded support, so you should be fine. :P
Would the level be interchangeable though??
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Sorry for the late response, I've been super busy lately.

There isn't a diagonal brush at this time. For now you can probably achieve the effect you desire by using a custom brush (enter key) with Brush Wrap Modulus.

EDIT: Adding diagonal brushes was super easy just now, and they will be available in the next MNIKEditor version.
Wonderman109 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:49 am
ab-47 wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:

You can open MNIKEditor levels in the OpenWA editor. However, the object adjusters will appear to be missing in that editor.

MNIKEditor can do almost everything the OpenWA editor can, so I don't think there's a reason to use the OpenWA editor anymore unless you want to use very niche stuff like the cutscene editor.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:10 am

nasko222 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:20 pm
|Cookie| wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:41 pm
nasko222 wrote:
Feature request:

Yeah but, its the only corner that gets mirrored out of order, while the other 3 gets mirrored throughout one spin cycle.

IDK how to describe it, i think its obvious
I do see what you mean with ice curves. I don't know what a good solution would be though, since walkways (texture ID 9) currently behave as one would expect when rotated all 8 times, and that behavior probably would not be consistent if I were to switch up the order of the rotations.

Anyway, it's been a while since the last update, so:

new MNIKEditor build 12/23/22

- Added two new brushes: Diagonal NE and Diagonal SE.
- Entire dialog interchanges (including their answers) can now be copied and pasted with the COPY and PASTE buttons in the dialog editor UI.
- Up to 100 different user-defined texture prefixes are now allowed. Switch between texture prefixes by clicking or scrolling the mouse. Set a texture prefix by ctrl+clicking.
- Texture prefixes are now saved in texture_prefixes.cfg for easy editing.
- Pressing Esc in the level editor or dialog editor now returns to the master.dat editor screen. If changes to the level or dialog have been made, the user is asked whether they want to save their changes.
- When exactly one object is selected, scrolling the mouse wheel over the object index will change which object is selected based on the index. Hold shift to scroll through object indices faster.
- Added new NPC Greeting sound: Victory.
- Changing the NPC Greeting now previews the sound effect in Simulation Level 4.
- The formerly hidden eighth line of each interchange is now visible and editable in the dialog editor.
- The formerly hidden ninth answer of each interchange is now visible and editable in the dialog editor.
- Spring Direction adjuster now shows direction names instead of just numbers.
- A warning now appears when instantiated objects such as accessories or shadows will cause the object limit to be surpassed in-game.
- Clicking the dialog editor's CLEAR button now requests confirmation.
- Fixed a vanilla editor bug that caused the secret eighth line of an interchange to contaminate other .dias.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when using magic charger Types with MD2 models.
- Fixed a bug that caused setting an object's index to not count as an unsaved change.
- Fixed a bug that caused custom brushes to not work properly when the brush sample is larger than the level size.
- Fixed a bug that caused data to not be properly cleared when switching between hubs in the hub editor.
- The warning textbox for particle overflow has been slightly reformatted.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 12/24/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:15 am

new MNIKEditor build 12/24/22

- Pressing , or . now switches between object adjuster pages.
- Pressing 1 or 2 now simulates left-clicking or right-clicking respectively. This is useful for poor unfortunate souls who are stuck with laptop track pads.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 12/26/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:56 am

new MNIKEditor build 12/25/22

- Changing the sound ID of CMD 10 or CMD 11 now previews the sound effect in Simulation Level 4.
- Fixed a crash that occurred on some machines whenever resizing the level caused objects to get deleted.
- Fixed a bug that caused some objects to sometimes not get moved properly when decreasing the level size.

new MNIKEditor build 12/26/22

- Fixed a crash that might occur on some machines when trying to preview a sound with a negative ID.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 12/27/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:29 am

new MNIKEditor build 12/27/22

- Fixed a crash that might occur on some machines when trying to preview a sound with an ID above 500.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:44 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:05 pm

There isn't a diagonal brush at this time. For now you can probably achieve the effect you desire by using a custom brush (enter key) with Brush Wrap Modulus.

EDIT: Adding diagonal brushes was super easy just now, and they will be available in the next MNIKEditor version.
Wonderman109 wrote:
ab-47 wrote:

You can open MNIKEditor levels in the OpenWA editor. However, the object adjusters will appear to be missing in that editor.

MNIKEditor can do almost everything the OpenWA editor can, so I don't think there's a reason to use the OpenWA editor anymore unless you want to use very niche stuff like the cutscene editor.
No idea how the cutscene editor works. Thank you for making my diagonal tile fill thing a reality!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:51 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:44 am
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:05 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:

No idea how the cutscene editor works. Thank you for making my diagonal tile fill thing a reality!
Yeah, I don't think anyone knows how the cutscene editor works aside from the person who made it. :P No problem, hopefully the diagonal brushes will prove to be helpful!
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 12/28/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:39 pm

new MNIKEditor build 12/28/22

- Added an ERASE button to the dialog editor which erases all text, answers, and effects on the current interchange.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 12/29/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:43 am

new MNIKEditor build 12/29/22

- Particle graphics are now previewed when the mouse hovers over particle adjusters.
- Simulation Level 4 now previews sound effects for Blinkers and Sparks in their Sound adjuster.
- Added an AUTOFILL EVERY MISSING FIRST ANSWER button to the dialog editor which replaces all of a dialog's empty answer #0s with the specified text, and uses FNC 2 to lead to the next interchange if the next interchange exists, otherwise uses FNC 1 to lead to the current interchange.
- Removed the limiters on the Particle ID adjuster for fountains, environmental particle spawners, and NPC Exclamation. This makes it possible to utilize metaparticles. Try values of eight million and twelve million for the Particle ID!
- Reduced the editor's max particle cap from 11,500 to 10,000. Hopefully this fixes particle overflow MAVs on some computers.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:48 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:51 am
Yeah, I don't think anyone knows how the cutscene editor works aside from the person who made it. :P No problem, hopefully the diagonal brushes will prove to be helpful!
I don't know who made it -
Yeah, I've wanted diagbrushes for years and years
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 12/30/22)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:34 am

new MNIKEditor build 12/30/22

- In simulation level 4, if the wlv is dark enough to activate the player's GlowGem, a GlowGem light will be emitted from the cursor.
- The dialog editor now properly saves any answers that come after empty string answers.
- Baby Boomer SubType is now properly set when pressing T.
- Labeled all Baby Boomer SubTypes to match that of Wee Stinkers.
- Updated some Wee Stinker SubType labels.
- Fixed a bug that caused dragging objects or tiles to spam unsaved changes.
- Fixed a MAV that sometimes occurred when resizing very small wlvs.
- The laser gate color range is now clamped to 0-63 to help prevent in-game OpenWA MAVs.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 1/16/23)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:15 am

new MNIKEditor build 01/16/23

- Show Logic now previews tile logics at around Xtrude=0 in addition to the regular Xtrude/height/etc.
- Pressing Ctrl+T when the test level brush is enabled will now revert it back to the normal brush.
- Fixed another MAV that occurred when setting certain models to Type 200.
- Fixed a bug that caused object attribute randomization to affect the test level brush.
- Compiling a hub that has a file-unfriendly description now aborts with an error rather than MAVing.
- Added more user-friendly detail to the hub builder's "unable to create directory" error.
- Stationary rubber ducks now simulate as facing the cursor.
- Labeled alt/reg/colbridge's Timer and TimerMax1 adjusters as StartDelay and TimerToggle respectively.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 3/8/23)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:08 pm

I'm aware that there are still feature requests that have not been satisfied. I am not putting much time into developing this editor anymore. Some day, I will hopefully replace it with a superior editor, but that day is very far off at the moment.

new MNIKEditor build 03/08/23

- LevelTex and WaterTex now function the same as other adjusters in the sense that right-click now goes to the previous texture. Using the mouse scroll wheel also works. Custom LevelTex and WaterTex are now selected via ctrl+click.
- The useless DX and DY adjusters have been replaced by Z and Flying respectively. Z is similar to ZAdjust but it has some slight differences with some objects. It's an edge case you'll hardly need. The Flying attribute is still poorly understood by me, so its value labels are likely not fully accurate yet. It seems to relate to objects flying via spring.
- Fixed a bug that caused Linked indices to be calculated incorrectly in the presence of Flipbridges.
- When compiling or building a hub, the total adventure count is now shown alongside the other counts.
- Pressing T for Wysp Type now properly sets Data10 to -1.
- Brr float and rainbow float Data0 is now labeled as Deactivating, with some values labeled appropriately, including NotYet. This should help resolve some confusion about Brr floats apparently despawning on their own.
- Flipbridge Directions now have value labels.
- Fully deactivated rainbow coins now properly appear on simulation level 1.
- Fixed a MAV that occurred when switching to the previous watertex while a custom watertex is active.
- Fixed an adventure select list bug that made it possible to select a nonexistent adventure by clicking past the bottom of the list.
- Fixed a bug that caused SucTube Type effective IDs to be incorrect when the ID attribute is not set to -1.
- The Flipbridge SubColour and Direction labels are now also bound to the model rather than just the Type.
- The SolidScenery Type has been renamed to Scenery to reflect how custom models are not solid by themselves.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: The MNIKEditor (Latest Version: 4/2/23)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:35 pm

A few critical tweaks and bugfixes this time...

new MNIKEditor build 04/02/23

- Hovering the mouse over AdventureStar's or CMD 8's Adventure ID adjuster now shows the name of the adventure if the editor is currently in hub-editing mode.
- Dialog editor text colors and effects are now automatically deleted if the text line becomes too short to contain them. This helps prevent some strange dialog issues in both the editor and the player.
- Transporter and Suctube Directions are now labeled as North/South/East/West.
- The !Retrozbot Data0 adjuster is now always labeled as Direction, since it is an attribute of the model itself. The same applies to !Suctube Data2.
- Data10 is now set to -1 by default on any wop. This should help prevent a lot of confusing unexpected behavior.
- Active Flipbridges are now properly rendered in the editor even for non-Flipbridge Types.
- Fixed a bug that caused some in-game memory issues (incorrect tile logics etc) in 1.wlv when using Test Level At Cursor.
- Fixed a bug that caused ActivationSpeed and ActivationType to be updated incorrectly when multiple objects are selected and those attributes differ amongst the objects.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:35 am

Can you make it read MOFI/POTZ crypted dialogues too? (Including WA3 Beta1 who has multiple -999's)

Code: Select all

While number=-999
ReadInt(file)
Currently it crashes when even hovering the dialogues
Also on the reverse, can you add a crypt mode option, when its enabled it will add -999 at the beginning of .wlv and .dia files.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:25 pm

download link's broken fyi

DAMMIT DISCORD!