WonderlandPlus.NET: A Classic Trilogy C# Remake

The Wonderland Open Source Project

Moderators: ILoveWonderland, Sammy_P, Lazy Loof

Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

WonderlandPlus.NET: A Classic Trilogy C# Remake

Post by Lazy Loof » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:54 am

Hello guys,

This is the topic for a project which was started ages ago on porting classic trilogy Wonderland to C#. This project was initiated by HumanGamer and was based on decompile code of TOW. Later on he systematically updated and refactored it thoroughly to support RTW classic and deluxe levels and editor. Finally, thanks to ALEXALEX978, our newest versions have now become powerful enough to now support RTW Platinum, WSW, KQ with many new features such as editor test mode, using KQ/WSW elements in RTW, widescreen mode, customizing menu background and so on.

Here's a link to the project from where interested users can download the latest beta version: https://wplus.wonderlandcommunity.com/
Installation is easy: put the launcher in any empty folder and run it. It will first check for full version copy of the classic trilogy games and install WonderlandPlus.NET accordingly. Make sure that both launcher and game require Windows 7 or later and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later.

Bugs/Suggestions are to be reported at separate issues repository just like WA#: https://github.com/HumanGamer/WPlusIssues
Previously known as Aryan101
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: WonderlandPlus.NET: A Classic Trilogy C# Remake

Post by jdl » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:57 pm

Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts:
W, A, S, and D can now be used to move characters.
Spacebar - Alternative button for switching characters.
Backspace - Instantly restart level.
Esc - Shortcut key to skip death animation. Backspace also works.
F8 - Takes a screenshot and saves it to AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\screenshot.bmp.
Editor-only Shortcuts:
Shift+C - Allows you to enter a custom string for Coins. You can use this to change "Coins" in the HUD to whatever you want it to say.
Shift+P - Allows you to enter a custom string for Peegue's Pass. This text shows up after you beat a level that uses Peegue's Pass for the Exit.
F5 - Start/Stop test level mode.
Ctrl+F7 - Open/Close debug mode menu. I have no idea how to use this or what it's for.
Ctrl+F6 - Unlock SuperDBG in the debug mode menu. Again, no idea.

If anyone is looking for a Krabby Quest trial installer, you can find them on the WonderWiki page:
https://zbots.space/wiki/Spongebob_Squa ... abby_Quest

How exactly are we going to go about posting custom levels? Is WonderlandPlus.NET going to receive its own subforum?
Also this isn't necessarily a bug with the game, but if I try moving Launcher.exe to a different folder on my computer, it always creates a shortcut to it instead of moving it. I have to use Cut+Paste to actually move it. Does the Launcher have some sort of special file metadata that's messing with how Windows moves files?
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:31 pm

The archived version is DRM Free installer, I think Aryan/Lazy Loof has it.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:59 pm

Hello, version Beta 0.6.0a of Wonderland Plus is now available!
Changes:
Added puzzle diversity elements
Added chompers for all stinker types
Added KQ shadow stinkers and KQ box spawners
Added the ability to have up to 4 diffrent level textures in the same level (possible for custom textures too!)
Usage: Use Ctrl+S to change current selected style and Shift+L to modify only the tex index of a tile
Wipe/Block/Border are now functional in editor
Added new undo/redo buttons in editor with unlimited steps
New level tile format that is more flexible and can support custom tile properties
Added adjusters to some editor objects
Some tiles like buttons, gates bridges etc are now objects instead. You can place those on the same tile with another object without issues, don't worry.
Environment objects are now replaced by editor options
Editor now scales to other resolutions too
TOW Playground level set will now save level progress like the other levelsets
Added custom levelset support
Player selection is now persistent like wa
Added 2 custom worlds, Wonderland 101 and RTW playground
Lots of bug fixes
Happy 20th anniversary!😀
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 pm

I love the new World Packs feature, along with everything else included in the update of course!
However, I think a letter got lost in the mail somewhere because Arno is still using the Stinky model. A few months ago I PM'd HumanGamer with new graphics and fixed sounds for Arno. The goal was to give him his own unique look, just like the other Stinkers. I've attached the zip (and some pictures!) below just in case it got lost. On the other hand, if everybody actually prefers the Stinky model instead, then that works too! :stinkyhappy:
WDL_Arno_v2.zip
Arno_V2_Showcase.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dragon900x
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Dragon900x » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:08 pm

Does my directory have to be named to something specific or located in a specific directory?

Says I don't own it RTW even though I do own it.

Thanks,
dragon900x
Dragon900x,

:) Keep it Up Wonderland Roxs. Donate 10 bucks to Loof because he is very poor ;) Listen to Wonderland Main Menu Song >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2xPqZuZL0
watch in high quality for better sound! :D
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:37 pm

You need to have all 3 games (TOW, RTW and WSW) installed with the official installers for the launcher to work. If you copied the game directly from an old computer or something it won't work because the games are not registered as installed programs on windows. Can you tell me your install location of your game so we can find the exact cause of the problem?
Dragon900x
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by Dragon900x » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:19 pm

Thanks got it working, just did a reinstall.

Game seems to crash at 1440p and won't open unless I delete the options file. Works at a lower resolution but would be nice to run at native.
Dragon900x,

:) Keep it Up Wonderland Roxs. Donate 10 bucks to Loof because he is very poor ;) Listen to Wonderland Main Menu Song >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ2xPqZuZL0
watch in high quality for better sound! :D
sgern

Post by sgern » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:26 pm

Dragon900x wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:19 pm

Game seems to crash at 1440p and won't open unless I delete the options file. Works at a lower resolution but would be nice to run at native.
I did get it to work at 1440p... somehow. I forget what I did, but if you keep fiddling around with various things it should work eventually.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:49 am

Dragon900x wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:19 pm

If you can please make a new issue here: https://github.com/HumanGamer/WPlusIssues/issues and we'll get it resolved at some point.
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:13 pm

Hello, version Beta 0.7.0a is now available!

Levels can now have a 3rd dimension (see "3D SAMPLES" folder in customlevels) you can also find a guide here on how to use the new dimension in editor here: https://wplus.wonderlandcommunity.com/editormanual/
A new feature that records your movements and is very usefull for reproducing bugs
Old 3D is now renamed to first person to avoid confusion with the new 3rd dimension feature
Fixed sounds not working on first person levels
A new conveyor tile that which reverses the direction of the player
Many other bugfixes

Happy Wonderland anniversary!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:22 pm

Suggestion: Use dgVoodoo2 to run W+ as for some reason W+ lags in some levels when run on native DX7.

Installing dgVoodoo2 is easy: download from here, extract and copy DDraw.dll and D3DImm.dll from MS/x86 folder and paste them into your W+ folder. This will wrap all DX7 calls into DX11 and should boost performance (it did in my case). It also boosted performance if used with original RTW. This is on system with Intel i3 11th generation processor.

PS: You can also tweak its settings and essentially run it on DX12 instead of DX11. It also allows you to use ReShade.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:17 pm

Lazy Loof wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:22 pm
Suggestion: Use dgVoodoo2 to run W+ as for some reason W+ lags in some levels when run on native DX7.

Installing dgVoodoo2 is easy: download from here, extract and copy DDraw.dll and D3DImm.dll from MS/x86 folder and paste them into your W+ folder. This will wrap all DX7 calls into DX11 and should boost performance (it did in my case). It also boosted performance if used with original RTW. This is on system with Intel i3 11th generation processor.

PS: You can also tweak its settings and essentially run it on DX12 instead of DX11. It also allows you to use ReShade.
Thank you so much for this idea! I was experiencing random lag, and using dgVoodoo2 fixed the issue with it's ability to force vSync on. It has also fixed Issue #68 (pink rectangles in Editor).

For anyone wondering, here are my settings:
settings.png
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:04 am

jdl wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:17 pm
Lazy Loof wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:22 pm

Thank you so much for this idea! I was experiencing random lag, and using dgVoodoo2 fixed the issue with it's ability to force vSync on. It has also fixed Issue #68 (pink rectangles in Editor).

For anyone wondering, here are my settings:
settings.png
I don't think you need to force vSync on, the game always runs with vSync on though. It worked for me without turning it on.

dgVoodoo2 fixes a lot of graphical issues such as black suc tubes in nVIDIA GPUs, "Graphics drivers not supported" errors in WA etc. You can also use it with ReShade to allow shaders and ray tracing, such as this:

There's one minor issue though: some anti-virus softwares such as McAfee flag it as virus, but is false positive and you can fix it by adding dgVoodoo2 folder into the exception list.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:59 pm

Lazy Loof wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:04 am
I don't think you need to force vSync on, the game always runs with vSync on though. It worked for me without turning it on.
I ran some tests to try and figure out what's going on. Hopefully this info will be of use to you.

Fullscreen using 1680x1050 Monitor:
Force vSync on: Game drops a frame or two every 3 seconds.
Force vSync off: Same as above.

Windowed at 1280x720:
Force vSync on: Extremely rare frame drops, if at all.
Force vSync off: Roughly every 13 seconds lots of frame drops happen. This lasts a few seconds before stopping.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:56 am

jdl wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:59 pm
Lazy Loof wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:04 am
I ran some tests to try and figure out what's going on. Hopefully this info will be of use to you.

Fullscreen using 1680x1050 Monitor:
Force vSync on: Game drops a frame or two every 3 seconds.
Force vSync off: Same as above.

Windowed at 1280x720:
Force vSync on: Extremely rare frame drops, if at all.
Force vSync off: Roughly every 13 seconds lots of frame drops happen. This lasts a few seconds before stopping.
On yeah I played the game in 1920x1080 fullscreen so I didn't notice any difference. :P

The shuttering issue in windowed mode is a real one with me too but the game constantly shows 59-60 FPS, I'm glad it is fixed with forcing vSync on.
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:50 am

I hope this is the right place to bring this up, but when using WP.NET to play, a few issues happen for me.

1) The Void levels (and Hide n Seek for some reason) in WSW will crash the game when trying to play them.

2) My custom levels will not show up.

Any help is appreciated! :stinkyhappy:
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:24 pm

TheoSharpe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:50 am
I hope this is the right place to bring this up, but when using WP.NET to play, a few issues happen for me.

1) The Void levels (and Hide n Seek for some reason) in WSW will crash the game when trying to play them.

1. Does the game show any error messages? If so, please post them. I know Hide 'n Seek uses a custom model for the snow floor, so maybe you're having custom model-related issues? Do you have a folder named "snowfloorm" in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\Custom\Models\?

2. Make sure you're placing your custom level files in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\Custom\Levels
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:42 am

jdl wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:24 pm
TheoSharpe wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:50 am

1. Does the game show any error messages? If so, please post them. I know Hide 'n Seek uses a custom model for the snow floor, so maybe you're having custom model-related issues? Do you have a folder named "snowfloorm" in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\Custom\Models\?

2. Make sure you're placing your custom level files in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\Custom\Levels
Hey!

Yeah, there's a folder called "snowfloorm". It has model1.3ds + an image and model3.3ds + an image. Is there supposed to be a model2?

Also, thanks for the info on where to put custom levels, I appreciate it.

The game doesn't show any error messages, but here's the output from console.txt:
=========================================
Wonderland Plus .NET Beta v0.7.1a
=========================================
Copyright (C) Midnight Synergy
Visit www.midnightsynergy.com for more information.
---------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------
This is the full registered version of Wonderland.
Please do not pass this copy on to friends or others.
Report software piracy at www.midnightsynergy.com
-----------------------------------------------------

Starting Up...
Initializing...
Demo Mode: false
Loading Options
Setting Up Graphics
Window Created, Displaying Loading Screen
Loading Content
Setting Up Fonts
Loading Sounds
Setting Up Menus
Starting Menu: BlitzGame.Gui.MainMenuGui
Ending Current Menu
Loading Player: seth
Starting Menu: BlitzGame.Gui.SelectLevelCategoryGui
Ending Current Menu
Starting Menu: BlitzGame.Gui.WorldMapGui
Starting Custom Level Music
Triangles: 262
Saving Player: seth
Ending Current Menu
Starting Level: wsw\foggy7.lv5
Creating Qookie at (12, 4)
Creating Stinky at (6, 5)
Creating Loof at (10, 10)
Creating Peegue at (12, 15)
Constructing Level
Starting Menu: BlitzGame.Gui.PauseMenuGui
SaveReplayData Game: wsw, World: 0, Level: 55, ID:1488421210, Name: wsw\foggy7
Foldername: 1-6
Filename: 2023-12-23T21.41.57
Starting Menu: BlitzGame.Gui.WorldMapGui
Triangles: 262
Ending Current Menu
Starting Level: wsw\foggy8.lv5
Creating Stinky at (5, 6)
Creating Loof at (8, 6)
Creating Peegue at (14, 12)
Creating Qookie at (7, 13)
Constructing Level
Toggle Laser Gate: 5, disable
Toggle Laser Gate: 6, disable
Toggle Laser Gate: 3, disable
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:20 pm

TheoSharpe wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:42 am
Yeah, there's a folder called "snowfloorm". It has model1.3ds + an image and model3.3ds + an image. Is there supposed to be a model2?
I have those files as well, and as far as I know there is no model2.

As for the console log, it looks fine to me but I'm not a developer for WonderlandPlus.NET so I can't say for sure.
The only thing I can think of suggesting would be to completely delete the WonderlandPlus folder from AppData\Roaming\ (make sure to back up your player file, custom levels, etc. first) and then download the game again from the Launcher.
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:06 pm

jdl wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:20 pm
TheoSharpe wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:42 am
I have those files as well, and as far as I know there is no model2.

As for the console log, it looks fine to me but I'm not a developer for WonderlandPlus.NET so I can't say for sure.
The only thing I can think of suggesting would be to completely delete the WonderlandPlus folder from AppData\Roaming\ (make sure to back up your player file, custom levels, etc. first) and then download the game again from the Launcher.
Tried that and it still crashes, which is strange. Do the levels work for you?

Things I've learned:

1) I tried launching the Void levels in the original game and it says "Memory Access Violation." It does this for an old or a fresh install.

2) I tried making a quick custom level with the "Warp" background, and it didn't load, which leads me to believe that somehow I'm missing the Warp background?

3) I am missing "res11.dat" from RTW.

4) Launching any custom or vanilla level with the "Warp" background causes my game to say "Memory Access Violation".
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:30 pm

TheoSharpe wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:06 pm

Things I've learned:

1) I tried launching the Void levels in the original game and it says "Memory Access Violation." It does this for an old or a fresh install.

2) I tried making a quick custom level with the "Warp" background, and it didn't load, which leads me to believe that somehow I'm missing the Warp background?

4) Launching any custom or vanilla level with the "Warp" background causes my game to say "Memory Access Violation".
The levels seem to work fine for me, and vanilla RTW doesn't have a res11.dat file as far as I know.

Do you have a file named "warp.jpg" located at: AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\Data\graphics\rtwc?
Also I'm not sure if this will help, but go into the Options menu and try running the game in Windowed mode to see if this fixes the issue.
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:11 pm

jdl wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:30 pm
TheoSharpe wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:06 pm

Things I've learned:

The levels seem to work fine for me, and vanilla RTW doesn't have a res11.dat file as far as I know.

Do you have a file named "warp.jpg" located at: AppData\Roaming\WonderlandPlus\game\Data\graphics\rtwc?
Also I'm not sure if this will help, but go into the Options menu and try running the game in Windowed mode to see if this fixes the issue.
I checked and I have warp.jpg in the file. As for windowed mode, it doesn't seem to affect it.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:54 pm

Very strange. :?

Try the following:
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date.
- Make sure you are using Windows 7 or later, and have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later installed.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus software.
- Right-click and run the game (WonderlandPlus.exe, not the Launcher) as administrator.

Other than that I have no idea.
Lazy Loof or ALEXALEX976 should be able to help though.
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:15 am

jdl wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:54 pm
Very strange. :?

Try the following:
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date.
- Make sure you are using Windows 7 or later, and have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later installed.
- Temporarily disable any antivirus software.
- Right-click and run the game (WonderlandPlus.exe, not the Launcher) as administrator.

Other than that I have no idea.
Lazy Loof or ALEXALEX976 should be able to help though.
Hmm...none of these seemed to work. I've contacted LazyLoof via direct message.

Update: I tested it on my mother's computer, and it runs just fine. Not sure what's going on.

Update 2: I'm going to reinstall Windows within the week, as trying to figure out this issue for Wonderland has led me to discover some other oddities within my computer.

That aside, I hope anyone who reads this had an awesome Christmas! :)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:17 pm

Wasn't sure where to put these, so I thought I'd pop them here :P

Here are my video solutions to 3D Sample 1/2:

3D Sample 1
3D Sample 2

I recorded solutions for some of the other tests that weren't just OG levels, but they're all so easy... so I instead made some goofy shorts xD

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IgooiN-9oMk
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/pHqF7qE469U
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/uXlSF37Wkro

The last one was a test I made xD Hope you enjoy~
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:03 am

Heyo,

Just wanted to give a quick little update on my "Memory Access Violation" error.

I reinstalled Windows 11 and everything works fine now. I guess I had a corrupted version of Windows or something.
TheoSharpe

Post by TheoSharpe » Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:32 am

TheoSharpe wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:03 am
Heyo,

Just wanted to give a quick little update on my "Memory Access Violation" error.

I reinstalled Windows 11 and everything works fine now. I guess I had a corrupted version of Windows or something.
Hey everyone, just wanted to give a quick little update to this.

I'm pretty sure the culprit was the AMD Adrenaline Software, and I say this because after I installed it (again) recently, I couldn't access the aforementioned Void levels. I did a system restore to a few hours ago, and everything works as intended! Technology is truly both a miracle and a curse, huh?

Cheers!