Call for testers! (Closed 12/31/2021)

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl, David

David
Gold Wonderlander

Call for testers! (Closed 12/31/2021)

Post by David » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm

As Patrick notes, Stinky and Loof in Wonderland is complete and ready to release as a free-to-play mobile app on Android and IOS! I've been working on this for a year, as the mobile app needs a completely new codebase. I've been a fan of the Wonderland games since they were first released, and I'm excited to bring them to the mobile world.

So far, this version has been played only by my friends and family (and Patrick, of course!). Now I'd like to ask for help from the Wonderland community to try it out, verify that it's ready for the world, and make suggestions for new features and improvements. Due to limits imposed by Apple and Google on pre-release apps, I can accept only 90 testers. If you'd like to be one of them, please click here to fill out the Wonderland Mobile Beta Tester Signup form, and I'll send you the first new Wonderland game in years!

BTW, one advantage of becoming a tester is that testers get the game entirely free, as in-app purchase payments are disabled!
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Re: Call for testers!

Post by Kamerson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:45 pm

Ooh, a mobile version of Wonderland! That sounds amazing! Glad to see some new official activity on the Wonderland forums after so long! :stinkyhappy:

Unfortunately, I am not able to play or test it at the moment as I don't have any device with Android version 11.0 or higher, but for Christmas I should be getting something new that can play this game!

One thing I'd like to mention is that the logo on the beta test form for Stinky & Loof in Wonderland is that Stinky & Loof have 2 different art styles. Hopefully this is changed before the official release so they both are either 3D or 2D. (idk why it just bugs me lol)
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the logo - I'll make the change.

What version of Android do you have? Although the Play Store requires 11.0, I can make a build with a lower target and distribute it to testers outside the Play Store. Please try the form again; I've removed the note about minimum versions.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Thank you! My tablet's version is 8.1.0. I filled out the form now.
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:14 pm

Android 11 seems a bit high as a requirement, as 11 has only just reached 1/4 coverage worldwide.

Either way, very exciting news!
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:16 pm

In traditional style (and to remain in-character) I have also filled out the form. :wink:
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:40 pm

Thank you for letting me into beta access! I'm playing the game right now and making notes as I play.

|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:41 pm

Sent in my application, I'm looking forward to seeing how this ends up and I'm very excited to see wonderland be (officially) revived again! :P
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Android 11 seems a bit high as a requirement, as 11 has only just reached 1/4 coverage worldwide.
Android 11 wasn't my idea - Google is requiring it for all new apps in the Play Store as of August 31.

But the good news is that I've discovered I can remove the requirement if I build a version that's detached from the Play Store. That means that in-app purchases automatically go through at no charge. Since beta testers weren't being charged anyway, there's no effective difference for players. But it means that I can support testers on older Android versions - which is great, because all but one of the testers who've signed up so far are on pre-11 versions - which pretty much validates your point!
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:07 pm

David wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:56 pm
Android 11 wasn't my idea - Google is requiring it for all new apps in the Play Store as of August 31.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the target SDK level isn't the Android version requirement. I don't have much experience with Android development, but from what I've gathered, the minimum version is determined by the "minSdkVersion" variable. So you should be able to compile to the newest SDK and still maintain compatibility with older devices (which is essential, since an overwhelming majority of Android users runs older software).

Anyway, I signed up for the testing, I'm definitely interested in trying it out and see where this goes.
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Post by StinkyFTW » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:20 pm

David my man, count me in for this testing! I'm HYPED to see the series got some love after all this time!

Signed up for the Beta, can't wait!

Also, EDIT;

David, if you want, I can share the Wonderland Discord with you - all sorts of new peeps and old timers who'd love to hear more from ya are in there. P.M me if you're interested.
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:17 pm

I've also signed up for testing, I'm excited to see one of my favorite games finally reach mobile devices. 8)
superhand02
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by superhand02 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:21 pm

How exciting!
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:37 pm

Signed up for testing minutes ago. BTW I use a Nox emulator (running Android 7.1.2) since I don't have a phone.
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 am

Alright, I played the first 23 levels and have quite a few notes to share. Should I post them here or send an e-mail?

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 am

Signed up. Hope Android 4.1.2 isn't too old. Also I don't use my facebook much but I gave it anyway
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:08 am

Hope Android 4.1.2 isn't too old.
Unfortunately, Android 4.1.2 is too old - the oldest release supported by Unity (the platform on which the mobile game is built) is 4.4 (KitKat).
Cyndanera
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Cyndanera » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:06 am

I have signed up as well
Android version is 7.0
Cheers, Cyndanera
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:04 am

Finally signed in for testing, waiting for the release!

BTW do you have a discord account/server, maybe we could discuss there while being live? There's also a discord server where there are some more ongoing projects releted Wonderland, and the development is good with two great breakthrough this month.
Previously known as Aryan101
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:38 am

Kamerson wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:06 am
Alright, I played the first 23 levels and have quite a few notes to share. Should I post them here or send an e-mail?
It's probably best to email. Please send your notes to the Gmail address tootsuite.llc (or just reply to the email I sent you when you became a tester). Very much looking forward to seeing your notes!
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:46 am

Lazy Loof wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:04 am
Finally signed in for testing, waiting for the release!

BTW do you have a discord account/server, maybe we could discuss there while being live? There's also a discord server where there are some more ongoing projects related to Wonderland, and the development is good with two great breakthrough this month.
I do have Discord account dtootill, but I've not used it much and don't have a server. Please point me to Wonderland projects - a search for "Wonderland" doesn't come up with anything that looks relevant.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:07 pm

Just submitted my sign up. This is really cool to see! Very unexpected!
While I'm not much of a mobile person, I'm definitely interested in checking this out! :D
It's really nice to see that Wonderland will have a lot more exposure once this is released onto the market.
Perhaps we'll be getting an influx of new Forum members :?:
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Submmited my sign up as well.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:43 am

A bit late to the party, but I became a tester as well earlier this month. I've already submitted some feedback, and I'm excited to keep playing and see this progress! I may not post regularly as much here anymore due to my busy life, but I've never left - once a Wonderlander, always a Wonderlander! :D
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:39 pm

Wonderland King wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:43 am
A bit late to the party, but I became a tester as well earlier this month. I've already submitted some feedback, and I'm excited to keep playing and see this progress! I may not post regularly as much here anymore due to my busy life, but I've never left - once a Wonderlander, always a Wonderlander! :D
Welcome to the beta testing team!
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:28 am

I've closed beta tester signups today because Stinky and Loof in Wonderland is finally ready for release! I've submitted it to both Google and Apple for pre-publication review, and hope to hear from them soon. In the meantime, beta signups are closed. Thanks to everyone who's helped with the beta!