Safe in Carrollton! Carroll County

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Cat
Rainbow Star

Safe in Carrollton! Carroll County

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:23 pm

Hi Kathy,but I did want to say that I am so glad to see you here. I just heard that Carroll County,GA was hit by tornadoes yesterday and immediately thought about you. Since you are posting, I am assuming that you and yours are safe and that you have power. So glad that you are OK!

Thanks Gen, I am here and safe and the tornado was only about 5 miles from me. No damage at all, I was home alone. The storm didn't get bad here. We had the heavy rain and thunder and lightning. I was close to the place where the chicken house blowed down. 10 miles stretch of house blowed down in my area. Yes we have power and Thanking God that my husband and I are safe. My husband came home early, he was worried about me. :-) The power did going off three times and I heard the tornado sirens going off.

I'm with Gen, glad to see you are safe and have power Kathy.

Just wanted to let you know we are thinking of everyone in Katrina's path.

Thanks MAD, I am glad we made it out safe too. Glad my Wonderland family was thinking of me. Thanks Gen and Mad, and also to Ann and SharonM for the pm's on there concerns. So glad my mom and son was ok too.
Last edited by Cat on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat

Member of FOWL, Ms.Tweety Bird, Queen of Beautiful
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:27 pm

I am glad you are all safe - it sounds so awful!

Keep safe everyone in this area - my thoughts are with you and your close ones.

Lillie x
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:40 pm

Lillian wrote:I am glad you are all safe - it sounds so awful!

Keep safe everyone in this area - my thoughts are with you and your close ones.

Lillie x

Thanks Lillie, I am thankful that we made it out safe, I feel more sorry for the folks in Louisana and Mississipi and Alabama . The worst in over, we have just to worry about flash flooding now. The rain is suppose to end today by 2 pm.

It is so very nice for the Wonderland family to care so much. I feel so loved.

Thanks
Cat

Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:53 pm

No need for thanks Kathy, we all care what happens to our Wonderland family.

I wish Dylan would check in though, she is in the Gulf Coast and it was hit badly I believe.

Maybe I've missed a post and everything is okay, I hope so.

Take good care everyone.
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:57 pm

Glad you're ok Cat .. I had no idea, my geographical knowledge of the states is not brilliant.

Stay safe .. fingers crossed for Dylan

Kazza :) :)
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:00 pm

Dylan most likely may not be able to check in still a lot of flooding and not allowed back in. Most of the power is off too, Alabama has taken a lot of damage. I hope Dylan is ok, and my pray are still with Dylan.

Thanks again Davimad, I forgot to Thank, Cathy for e-mailling me to see if I was ok.
Last edited by Cat on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cat

Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:06 pm

kaz67 wrote:Glad you're ok Cat .. I had no idea, my geographical knowledge of the states is not brilliant.

Stay safe .. fingers crossed for Dylan

Kazza :) :)
Thanks Kaz, I know that you care of what happens to the ones in harms way
We know you care, so no problem.
Cat

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:11 pm

You're so welcome, Caffee. Of course we're worried. I'm just glad you made it through okay. :D I think Dylan would have evacuated. They're not letting anyone back in right now. One politian got on the air and begged everyone to stay where they were because it's too dangerous to come home. Power is out to millions and many places are underwater. Our VA Beach Search and Rescue Team 2 was mobilized today and VA Power is sending teams as well. Three Navy ships based in Norfolk are on standby. They are waiting for FEMA to send for them to desalinize and purify water for use in the area. There was a fire in Mississippi and all the fire department could do was watch it burn. No water to the hydrants. (Apparently they don't have a pumper truck.) The Superdome, where approxiamately many thousand were taking refuge, lost it's roof. This was a bad storm folks and the problems are far from over. So far the confirmed dead is 55 (plus the ones from Florida) and the cost is in the billions. I'm just saying prayers for everyone.
SharonM
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:17 pm

You're welcome Cathy. Like I said, when I heard Carroll County and tornadoes, you were the first person I thought of. So Glad you all are OK!

I doubt that we will hear from Dylan for a while. Hopefully she is somewhere safe. Gulf Shores was hit pretty hard from the reports I've seen. That applies to all of Alabama and Mississippi. They got the worst part of the storm as far as rain and wind. They said that some of the storm surge in that area were waves 25-30 feet high. As for New Orleans, their problem is water. They are currently saying that 80% of the city is underwater and that the city is not functioning as a city any longer. People are being told to leave, but apparently there is only one road still useable. There is no food, no water, no electricity, many structures are gone. It is hard to imagine how bad it is.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:13 am

Most of us are very fortunate not to EVER have to live through a disaster like this.
I can't imagine being wet, cold, dirty, hungry & thirsty for days & days with no home & no way to leave. And just where do you go ?????

New Orleans is one of the poorest (large) city's per capita in the USA. Evacuation is costly, a lot of these people didn't have a choice of evacuating, it was simple they didn't have any money or transportation to be able to leave, they had to stay.
Now they're forced to evacuate, (for a long period of time I would imagine) & I'm sitting here wondering what happens to these people??
No homes, no place of employment,little to no money.. no way to make money , no way to leave, where do you go??? My mind is overwhelmed by the devestation, I don't understand what happens to all these unfortunate people, how would you ever rebuild your life.

I'm sorry this all seems so grim, but this has really gotten to me.

Sharon, Gen, Cathy I'm glad your all well, I do hope Dylan is holding up somewhere safe, warm & dry.
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
bmcper
Silver Wonderlander

Post by bmcper » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:01 pm

Cat, glad to hear that you didn't sustain any damage and that you are ok as well as your hubby. Luckily, we only had rain up here.

Bernadette
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:02 am

Thanks Bernadette, we only had rain and some lightning and a little wind.
So glad you are safe and only got rain.
Cat

dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:24 am

For anyone who's reading this thread, thanks for all who were concerned, and I made out just fine- No damage to my home, just the yard! I evacuated to N. Georgia and got to visit my family so it was worth it.
Thanks again for all concerned!
D's MOM
LISA