What's Up????

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
laura n.
Rainbow Star

What's Up????

Post by laura n. » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:59 am

Ok, I logged on early this A.M. & here I am back again, late evening & there's not one single new post to read... what have you all been doing today? Surley your not all "rearranging" or doing some other mundane tasks :roll: :roll:
I count on you folks for my daily entertainment. Please don't make me watch TV :wink: :wink:
I could tell you all about my day but I'm sure you don't want to hear about taking Emily to the Doctor for pink eye, or about making 5,000,000 Halloween cupcakes, only to have some woman yell at me because I didn't have plain white cupcakes :shock: :shock: I almost told her to get on her broom and fly home. :twisted: :twisted:
See, I need you folks, you bring laughter into my day, your like talking to my sister on the phone every morning ...... I guess today the number's been disconected. :cry: :cry:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:45 am

Hi Laura - maybe your computer/ internet connection was having problems. There've been plenty of new posts today - well, on the puzzle/action thread anyway. Not as many on the chat ones.

Hope you get some more responses so you'll know every one's still out there. There are so many levels to play, there's not always much time left to chat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:36 am

Hi Laura. I was on this morning too! Otherwise been busy at home and Thursday is actually one night we watch TV. I agree it seems to have been a pretty quiet day.
Donna
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:18 am

I found the same thing. No one was a round so I went shopping.
OMG there are other people in the world. Scarie, whats a Wal-Mart, have they been around for a while? Did you all know there is a place to get a great cup of coffee, called Starbucks and restuants from downunder,
good steaks. I may have to try that again, A new place is opening soon
near us called Staplers, Why would they build a store just to buy staplers? I don't have a clue. What's next the loo store?
Night all.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:15 am

Do you mean Staples Cathy? We have them here in the UK. There's one not half a mile from my house, I get a lot of stuff for my printer from there, and I got my flat screen monitor there too. They sell everything you could want for your home office, including furniture. It's worth a visit when it opens.

They do sell staplers too. :lol: :lol:

PS. No, I don't work there. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:44 pm

popo yes I know what it is and how it is spelled. My daughter works there.
We have many of them all over the place. Wal-Mart Too.

I was just try to be funny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:54 pm

Geez, Cathy seems like you DO need to get out more..... I know Wal*Marts been around at least a few years :? try shopping in one sometime they have a lot of stuff...... some of them even have grocery stores inside. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As far as those other places you mentioned .... I'm not so sure, but I am very farmiliar with Chuck E. Cheese. :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:56 pm

Cathy .. I thought it was hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laura - I don't venture into Off-topic that much - perhaps I should ... your late evening is the middle of the night for us UKers ... I was fast asleep ZZZZzzzzzzzz which is where you are now I suppose :wink:

Sleep well - I've just finished lunch :shock: :lol: :lol:

Kazza :) :)
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:23 pm

Laura Is the OutBack resturants not in MO. If not Next time you are in Denver look it up great food.

Pink Eye. not good.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Re: What's Up????

Post by Gen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:08 pm

laura n. wrote:some woman yell at me because I didn't have plain white cupcakes
She had some nerve! You should have told her you made them for Halloween, not Christmas! Halloween is about dark colors, not white!
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:33 am

kaz67 wrote:
Sleep well - I've just finished lunch :shock: :lol: :lol:

Kazza :) :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good Morning Kazza, I'm off to bed now. :wink:
the cat wrote:Laura Is the OutBack resturants not in MO.
yes, Cathy they have the Outback here, in fact I believe Springfield is the "chain" restaurant capital of the nation. :shock:
It does seem to be lacking a Starbucks on every corner though. :?

P.S. I was trying to be funny. :oops: :D :D
Gen wrote: She had some nerve! You should have told her you made them for Halloween, not Christmas! Halloween is about dark colors, not white!
Gen, if ya like that one I should tell you about the lady that threw a Sponge Bob cake at me and started cussing me out, " What kinda of &*%^* idiot are you, EVERYBODY knows Sponge Bob is ORANGE " :shock: :shock: :shock: So I fixed her cake and sent her off with an orange Sponge Bob to her 13 year old sons B-day party. :wink:

I learned long ago, not to take people to seriously or take their insults personally. I'm very good at what I do, but it's impossible to please eveyone all the time, expecially when they don't live on this planet. :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

Thanks for the fun chit chat ladies, you've made my day. :D :D :D :D
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:37 am

Thats what we are here for my dear. I see you have skinny fingers I think we need to fatten you up a little.Hehe
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:41 am

Ah Laura, don't forget to tell them all about Lamberts. That's something they don't have many places. Only 2 or 3 in the whole world? And all near you. Or at least one dis down the street. The other two within a day's drive.

Where else can you get not only fried okra, macaroni and tomatos and all the anything you order that you can eat, but the "throwed rolls" ... people wait hours to catch one! :lol: At least I have...
Loirae
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:07 am

Is there one in St Louis,MO
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:59 pm

Oh Loirae, I did forget about Lamberts :oops: Folks it is truley a unique experiance in dining... It's the king of down home southern style cooking, where not only can you get the best fried potatoes I've ever eaten, they DO throw Homemade rolls at ya :shock: & serve sorgum & molassas to drizzle over those fresh hot rolls mmmmmmm yummy.
The dinners are served in 12 frying pans, which are heaping over with mountains of home made foods, even my husband has a hard time eating it all.
The only draw back is... you do have to wait in line for hours on weekends & summer nights when our tourist season is in full swing. :(

Cathy, I don't believe there's one in St. Louis, but theres now one in Foley Alabama :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:23 pm

laura n. wrote: but theres now one in Foley Alabama :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was gonna say that. I only live 5 minutes from it. I think the food is terrible though, we've only been once, but the throwed rolls, now the kids did enjoy that. :wink:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:24 am

Lisa, I'm sorry your Lamberts sucks, different cooks, owners, etc...I'm not a huge fan of "southern style" cooking, but if I'm craving some fried potatoes or fried okra or fried chicken I'll go to Lamberts. Notice how I mentioned "Fried" a lot :shock: :shock: not so good for the heart.

I'll never eat at another Applebee's again, the one I ate at in Denver was terrible & I'm not willing to see if the rest of them are any worse. :wink:

Hey, I had no idea you lived so close to Foley. Ozark & Foley are involved in some sort "cultural exchange", Foley city dignitaries were here during the summer for a visit & our city dignitaries are coming there next week.
If we were city council members, we'd have met. :shock: :D
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:30 pm

Do you have a Cracker Barrel in Ozark, or near there? Now that is some great southern cooking. I'm not a big fan of southern cooking either but when I'm craving some chicken fried steak, that's were I head too, cause I can't cook it worth a darn :oops:
I've never eaten at Applebees, too expensive, I've have all men in my family and they just eat too darn much :lol:
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:29 pm

You may all be to young to remember the Cracker Barrel Bake Potatoes.
When they started coming North. They stop baking the potatoes in the old menus. When we were traveling we ate at CB every nite. Now we go once a year. :cry:
Bob Evan is good for a great Breakfast. They have grits
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563