Who has Funny Animal Stories?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:36 am

Beautiful bird, Shorty. :D I love parakeets. :D I 've had several over the years. The sweetest have always been males. I wonder why? :? At one time we had 1 dog, 3 cats, 2 birds, 2 salamanders, a frog, a turtle, and an aquarium full of fish here. :shock: sounds like a zoo doesn't it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:57 am

wow , Sure does sound like a zoo!!! All I have is 1 cat, thats my pretty grey tabbi misti!!! We used to have more animals but then we moved and were only allowed one cat :cry:

I am a major animal lover especially cats and dogs, I love rotties!!!

Thanks for saying Zazoo is beautiful, Can you guess which Disney movie he was named from???? :D :D :D :D :P
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:23 pm

The Farmer's Prize Goat

Well, a man was driving down a country road, and he decided to get out and get some fresh air.

He got out, and started walking in a meadow. As he walked, he came upon a hole.

Wanting to see how deep it was, he threw a pebble down. No sound.
So he threw a medium-sized rock down. No sound.

The man started to get frustrated, so he threw a boulder down. No sound.
As he searched about, he spotted a railroad beam. He hauled it over to the hole,and shoved it in. No sound.

He sat down on the ground, exhausted. Suddenly, he saw a goat running at him, full speed. He leaped up, and it brushed past him, and fell in the hole. He listened, but there was no sound.

He sat down again. A few minutes later, a farmer came walking up. The man askedhim, "How deep is this hole?" The farmer said, "Oh. Thats the bottomless pit. It never ends. Say, have you seen my prize goat?"

The man, not wanting to get the blame, said, "No." The farmer said, "Oh well. He can't get far. He was tied to a railroad beam."

The burglar and the parrot

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight
around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to
place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark
saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and
froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head,
promised himself a vacation after the next big score, then clicked
the light back on and began searching for more valuables. Just as
he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as
a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."

Freaked out, he shined his light around frantically, looking for the
source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his
flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot. "Did you say that?" He
hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn
you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of stupid people would name
a parrot Moses?"

The bird promptly answered, "Probably the same kind of people that
would name a Rotweiller "Jesus"!

:D :) Cat
Cat

Member of FOWL, Ms.Tweety Bird, Queen of Beautiful
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:51 pm

very very very Good.

You are on a roll again today, (don't fall off)
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:22 pm

haha cat, very funny :D :D :D :D

I was joking to post that same joke the other day :wink: :wink:

Luvya Caffee
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:27 pm

Thanks The Cat and Shortness!

Shortness, I know you were joking on posting that joke the other day. :) :o :lol: :wink: :twisted: :evil:

Luv you too, Shortness

Cat
Cat

Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:53 am

Hehe Caffee, Ya know me all too well :D :D :D
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:10 am

Shortness, I should we have been pming and writing e-mail to one another almost everyday.sometimes two or three times a day! :D :) :lol: :wink: :roll:

Plus I talk with your mom too! :D :)

Cat
Cat

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:12 am

Great jokes, Caffee! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Especially the one with the parrot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was the movie "The Lion King", Shorty? I loved that movie. :D
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:54 am

Yes it was lion King, My sis got lil Zazoo when my nephew was just a baby and he loved lion king.. my mom and I also had a pig and my nephew got to name him.... Guess what our piggy boys name was ??? If you get it right I'll give u a cookie :D :D :D
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:49 am

Cat wrote:Shortness, I should we have been pming and writing e-mail to one another almost everyday.sometimes two or three times a day! :D :) :lol: :wink: :roll:

Plus I talk with your mom too! :D :)

Cat
That is very very true.... No wonder you know me so well , I was about to yell stalker!!! Haha I'm just kidding, My friend!!!! Hope the storms haven't given you too much grief today!!!
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:17 pm

Oh Shortness, you are so funny! I enjoy your funny antics, made me laugh! :D :) :lol: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :P

The storms have gone, and the rain has left. :D
Cat

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:24 pm

Don't tell me the pig was named Pumba! :lol: :lol: :lol: That's a riot. :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope he didn't have the same problem. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:17 pm

That's so good to hear Caffee , I was watching the news lastnight and saw how bad it is in some places and I was worried!!!!

Sharon, You guessed right... Our piggy boys name was Pumba!!! He had piggy epilepsy and was partialy blind and got too fat he weighed over 300lbs but boy was he the smartest piggy ever... He was supposed to be a pot belly but uhhmm no he was like way too big to be pot belly! We had to put him to sleep because he kept on having seizures! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What kind of cookie you want??!? :D
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:37 am

Oh, I'm so sorry, Shorty. How sad for you. :( I'm sure he was an amazing pet. Pigs are just so smart, it can be awe-inspiring sometimes.

I'll take a double fudge chocolate chip cookie please. :wink: :D :D
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:52 am

*Straps on baking apron* Now Sharon,Do I need chocolate for this??? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

just messin' now I'll get right on that cookie, It will be catastrophic!!!!! I'm talkin huge!! Good guessin keep it up girlie
It's alright, I still think about Pumba every day but he lived a VERY good and spoiled life!!!! I could tell you some stories about him and have you rollin for hours!!!

MMMM Chocolate!

I'll end this with one story!!!

I had a dog name Ceasar and Piggy boy pumba well Ceasar would run along the fence and bark at cars, Pumba would also run along the fence with Ceasar BARKING at cars... Also we heard Ceasar oinking a couple of times!!! hehe they loved eachother :D :D :D
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:57 am

That's so good to hear Caffee , I was watching the news lastnight and saw how bad it is in some places and I was worried!!!!
Thanks that is so sweet Shorty! You are a good friend! :D :) :lol: :wink:
Cat

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:58 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're right Shorty, that's hilarious. I can just picture it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I think you need chocolate....and ummmm...chocolate.......and more chocolate. :lol: :wink: :lol: Think that's enough chocolate? :lol: :lol: :lol:
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:09 am

wait wait wait, how about some more...... CHOCOLATE!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks Caffee I am so happy that you think I am a good friend... Good friends are hard to find these days!!!!
:D :D :D It took wonderland for me to find my good friends, Yes you Caffee and Sharon are included :D :D

sorry Sharon but I'm not going to be able to back that cookie until after I get back from the river.. Only going tomorrow but 6 hours in the sun oh my I'm going to come back looking like a lobster!!!! oh yeah I'll need a place to send it to, and when you get it the cookie will taste like freshly baked because it will melt on the way :D :D :D :D :D
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:15 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: More chocolate would be great. :D If you didn't guess by now, I llloooovve chocolate! :wink: :D
Sounds like you'll be having a good time tomorrow. :D Try not to get too burnt. I'm having to take my son to a dermatologist next Friday to check out a mole that appeared after he got really sunburnt the other day. I think it's okay, but we need to check it to make sure. Don't want to hear the same thing happening to you!
I was just kidding about the cookie, girl! I wouldn't expect anyone to send me a cookie just for guessing right. Tell you what, you make the cookie then eat it and tell me how good it was. :D :wink: :D
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:46 am

I did guess that you love chocolate, I love chocolate also.. Not as much as I used to, Anymore I can only eat a little bit then I get sick!! Now chocolate and peanut butter mmmmmmmm that's a different story..

I seriously would sent you a cookie :D I was serious hehe but I guess I'll make one for me and if you think it sounds too yummy to pass up I'll send you one :D :D

hope everything turns out okay with your boy!!!! I have gotten the worst sunburns you could imagine so many times, I'm surprised I don't have sun cancer by now!!! I used to spend my summers as one big blister and in pain so I know how your kiddo feels!!!! I'm going to pile on the sun screen as well as I bought a visor to cover my face a bit (I HATE HATS) and stuff so I should be ok, I'll keep putting more sun screen on like every 1/2 hour/hour or so!!!

Thank you so much for caring :D :D :D :D xx
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:32 pm

Thanks, Shorty. :D You are the sweetest thing. Rose doesn't burn so much,. She turns red for a day or so and then turns brown. I'm careful with her too, though. Don't want anything happening to either of them. BTW, Rose loves hats. The zanier the better. :lol:
Do you know, if there's anything I love better than chocolate, it's dark chocolate and peanut butter. Mmmmmmmm, that's good. :D Tell me how the cookie tastes, girl. :lol:
You have a great time playing in the water. :wink: :D
SharonM
Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:50 pm

Awwe, I think you're sweet to Sharon! Now see Rose is lucky (I love that name by the way) I've never been able to burn than tan the next day the irish in me just wont allow it , I have a fair complextion..My older sis Kelly is lucky she has like an olive complextion so she gets burned next day its dark and really pretty!!! To get tan it takes me the whole summer allthough I got tan like the first week on summer this year, check that out :D :D :D

I truly can not stand hats, I have a really really cute one but I don't ever wear it and my visor is pink :wink: !!! There's nothing better than peanut butter and chocolate girl, You would have loved the treats I made for the 4th :D :D :D :D So you know , They were both a big hit!!!

I love to cook and bake! it helps that my moms the best cook and she taught me everything I know about cooking!

You're making me want some cookies now, haha... mom bought some at the store yesterday for the trip to the river today and one of them looks like really dark rich chocolate and it looks like peanut butter chips (not sure what it is yet), These cookies are so good they are big and real soft mm just the way I like 'em!

I am so tired I don't even wanna go today. my dads been out of town working for a couple of days and was supposed to call on his way home lastnight well he didnt and I kept calling him , i couldn't sleep because I got extremely worried about him. Finally he got home at like 4 something this morning and 20 mins later I went to bed with my beautiful kitty and slept like a baby!!! He bought be a bracelet and gave it to me when he got home, I was like dude I'm still mad at you for making me worry like that!!!

:D :D :D :D

Hope your day goes well and the kids are ok... I've got to go jump in the shower now and try to wake up.. I wont be on the forum until some time tonight, If I'm on at all... I might check in when I get home just to see whats going on but I know I'll be very tired!!!

See ya sweetness!
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:25 pm

Thanks Caffee I am so happy that you think I am a good friend... Good friends are hard to find these days!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy It took wonderland for me to find my good friends, Yes you Caffee and Sharon are included Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks Shortness, that is so sweet! I feel the same way about you, Dear friend! :D :) :o :wink: 8) :lol: :lol:

Cat
Cat

Shorty
Rainbow Star

Post by Shorty » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:27 pm

Mornin' Caffee!!! Almost time for our river adventure as mama would say!!!! ITS GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN!!!! I didn't sleep but an hour or so lastnight so I'm zonked but will have fun anyway!!!

Man I'm gonna miss my wonderland friends :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have to go all day with out yall and without wonderland :shock: :shock:

Dont know if I'll survive!
LoVe YaLL BuNcHeS!
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:49 pm

This isn't a funny animal story, it is an amazing set of photos of the birth of a hummingbird. It is fantastic! There are several pages of photos, be sure to click "next page" at the bottom of each page.

http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:02 pm

Thank you Gen I love stuff like that,

I can't get good shots like that of all the nest around my house.

My husband said I have to stop feeding the neighborhood

I call it chatter haven,
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:06 pm

Absolutely beautiful Gen, isn't nature wonderful?

For the past three years we have had the magpie's nest raided by hooded crows, this year the parents had more gumption and chased them off.

We now have three young magpies flying around, they seem to have their parents spirit because one of our cats gets chased every day.

Come winter, I'll take a picture of the nest for you. It's enormous but I can't see it until the leaves fall again.

Thanks for sharing those lovely pics Gen.
Minnie. (Polly's big sis)

Image Thanks to Kymmie.
Lillian
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Lillian » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:16 pm

Cool piccies Gen - FAB nest with all that lovely white fluffy lining!!!!

I had a massive starling stuck in my kitchen this morning :? :? :? It was flapping like crazy and kept flying kamakazi style straight BANG into the windows!!!! It was frantic and so was I! My cat was having a bloody heart attack and so was I! The man nextdoor heard all the commotion and came in with a big long net and rescued it thank goodness! It poo-poohed all over my kitchen blinds!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lillie
Cat
Rainbow Star

Post by Cat » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:24 pm

Thanks Gen, that was so special!

I enjoy seeing the hummingbirds! :D

Thanks
Cat
Cat