WHO LIVES IN A HOUSE LIKE THIS?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:01 am

Why Lillie Billie I do believe that's you in the strawberry costume (I always thought you were a little tart :wink: :lol: :lol: )Image
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:32 am

Lillie wrote:All the Forum had fruit costumes made - can you spot Mahaloofy? Clue = red dot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, that red dot is the pineapple. I always said I have long hair. Never said it wasn't on my face. :shock:

Or, wait...maybe it is Mahaloof trying on my dress? We look so much alike, it's hard to tell.
Loirae
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:16 am

TADA!

The guesses have been counted, and deductions have been made for those who already knew someone else's house, but there has been the same person in the lead right through the contest.

I hereby announce that the winner of Who Lives in a House Like This is......

The Cat with 15 points :D

I would also like to award her the prestigious Golden Key Award which entitles her to free entry to everyone's house for 1 year.

Congratulations to The Cat. 8) :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:19 am

I have also updated the website with the names of the house owners if you would care to have a butcher's. :D

The full list of scores will be posted shortly.
Pauline
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:24 am

WELL DONE THE CAT!

15 out of 19 is brilliant!!!! You nosey parker you! ImageImageSeriously - you are very clever to work out the clues! BRAVO! :D :D :D

Poops has now put the real names to the houses on the website, but here are the answers and everyone's scores!

HOUSE 1 = JANET
HOUSE 2 = SALIN
HOUSE 3 = KAZZIE
HOUSE 4 = LOIRAE
HOUSE 5 = KIKI
HOUSE 6 = ROSIE
HOUSE 7 = LIZZIE
HOUSE 8 = LAURA
HOUSE 9 = AMY
HOUSE 10 = UNEEKROSE
HOUSE 11 = CATHY STINKER III
HOUSE 12 = LILLIE
HOUSE 13 = BOBSTER
HOUSE 14 = POOPS
HOUSE 15 = THE CAT
HOUSE 16 = ANNIE
HOUSE 17 = DUNC
HOUSE 18 = DYLAN
HOUSE 19a & 19b = MAHALOOF!

All your scores and where you finished in the comp!

The Cat = 15
Keeks = 13
Loops = 12
Lizzie = 12
Poops = 12
Kazzie = 11
Janet = 11
Salin = 11
Mahaloof = 10
Rosie = 9
Laura = 9
Annie = 9
Bobster = 8
Cathy III = 8
Dunc = 8
Uneekrose = 5
Dylan = 4
Amy = 3

Thanks to all who took part - this turned out to be lots of fun! :lol:
Last edited by Lillie on Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:02 am

I'm so happily frustrated, I can hardly believe it myself.

All the while I'd placed Liz on # 7, mainly because of the clue. Then, during all the research, I found a remark from Liz saying they occupy 4 floors. I switched to pic # 17. Only now do I see that 7 also has 4 floors. (*..walks into a hallway cupboard, closes the door and yells: "Aaaaaaarghhhhhhh!!"*)

I wás right about # 6. The whole neighbourhood looks extremely Dutch.

Janet: what a gorgeous house!

Now I'm just licking my wounds.....and putting another steak on the black eye I received yesterday from little Miss Van der Berg. I guess the flirting is over..... :?
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:45 am

You should always go with your first instinct Mahaloofy 8) You still wouldn't have won though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you all like me to post your guesses on this thread? :D Then you can all see who thought which house was who's? That doesn't sound right - but I hope you get my drift :wink:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:03 pm

CONGRATULATIONS THE CAT Image
you are a super snoop :wink:

yes that's a great idea Lillie, (I got the drift :wink: ) ... we can see how many people got our own houses correct.

JG & Jcvalcar ... I want your homes, you better keep an eye open for me :twisted: :twisted:
Last edited by laura n. on Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:06 pm

Congrats The Cat Well done. :D :D

I like the idear of seeing alle the guesses Lilli Billie
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:11 pm

To save everyone having to post - I probably should have said:

"If anyone doesn't want their answers posted, please let me know!" :D
Salin
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Salin » Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:15 pm

Congrats the Cat, well done! Mind you, I got your house correct, so I might pop over any day now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: furballs or not... :wink:
Inger
Norway
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:06 pm

Ah, the American party is waking up.....

And yes indeed, the CAT, very well done and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
:D :shock: :D

And no, I make no objections to Duiveltje's answers being posted.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:08 pm

I couldn't get in to the website this morning. It's still there isn't it. I'll try again later.

Congratulations Cat

I did better than I thought I had. My house was probably the easiest for everyone to guess since I had a link to photos at webshots listed in my profile and if anyone really looked they would have seen the trailer in the background behind my flower beds. By the time I thought to remove it, it was really to late. I had Mahaloof's house pegged right off because I figured only he would come up with such an elaborate story like that. All in all this was fun. When my hubby gets our new house built we'll have to do it again.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:14 pm

I can't get back on the website either monica... I did earlier this AM (about 6:00 mahaloof) but now it won't load. :cry:

I DID NOT get your house right, I had Bob Roest living in your house & you living in Kiki's :?
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 pm

The website is working, I just checked it. There must be a problem at your end. Perhaps the satellite's been shot down by aliens or something. :?
Pauline
dylan1298
Rainbow Wizard

Post by dylan1298 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:42 pm

I just checked the website and it was working for me............
I like the idea of seeing my answers but I already know which one's I got right, so it doesn't matter if you post mine....................
Congratulations The Cat, and to everyone else :lol:
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:55 pm

I got in there now. We've been having problems with our DSL here lately. I had some of the houses in my 1st guess's then changed them. Now that I see who's who and read the clue's ( I made a rhyme) some seem to match and make more sense. Thank you to Lillie for helping me come up with my clue.

OK on to the next contest.................there's a Halloween level making contest going on.................are you up to the challenge?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:03 pm

Thanks ladies, it's working fine now. I think poops was right...
ImageImage
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:09 pm

I rushed home at 6AM....and couldn't get to the website either! :shock: (you would think there were 190 of us trying to get on all at once, instead of 19 :lol: )
Just now was able to access the site and refresh my memory.
Looking back at my guesses, I missed a few obvious clues ("my pad") lillie.....gawd...how could I have missed that one?
Let's see...House 18, the clue pointed either to Kansas (no place like home) or Alabama (hurricane names) so of course I picked wrong.
I remembered someone talking about waiting for the rain to pass so they could take a pic, but couldn't remember who.
And on it went.
I am pleased that I got half correct.
I think I at least had them correctly sorted into North American and overseas. I just love the Row Houses. Is that what you call them?

Congrats to The Cat!

Did everyone figure out my clue?
House 1.
That is just great! Stinky finally comes to visit and I haven't had time to trim the bushes.
The junipers grow too quickly. But the two jillion gallons of paint I used sure makes the old place bright.
PS: Friends with juicy gossip to share are welcome to use the side door.

Or did I give it away by being "arty" (That's what Lillie called me :roll: ) and putting Stinky in my pic?

Anyway this was great fun.
Thanks all!
jg

PS: If you would like to see the aforementioned side door, PM me and I'll send you a side view of the house.
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:34 pm

janetgalle wrote:Did everyone figure out my clue?
Oh my. I missed all of them. I now I see them I asked myself "how could you miss them?"
Isn't that stupid or stupid :oops: :oops: :oops:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Who lives in a house

Post by jcvalcar2 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:38 pm

Congratulations The Cat

This was sure fun to figure out who went where. I was way off on some of the clues :roll: :lol: and I was waiting on pins and needles till the results came out.

Thank you Lillie and Popo, you both did a great job with this.
And I couldn't get on the web site earlier either. Must have been that alien :lol:

Laura you can't have my house :lol: but you're more than welcome to come for a visit. :D
Cathy
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:35 pm

That was SO much fun. Thank you for all your hard work, Lillie and Poops (Alphabetical so you wouldn't get your feelings hurt). You both did a great job - now everybody - let's think of another idea ! ! ! !

I guess my dart throwing wasn't too successfull after all. Poopsie, you show me with 9 corect guesses. Even managing to get my own house right, I can only come up with 8. Did you award extra points for the most creative mis-guesses ?? Shouldn't I have got more then ??

JG - you're too clever by half. I had you living in Amy's house - isn't KS also a wheat state, and Amy living with Dylan and the Scarecrow, in AL of all places. And Kazzie - I even tried to blow your pic up to see if I could see a number on it, but I thought Kaz was a shorter name than Popo, so that leaves Poops and Dunc living together - oops ! ! ! ! The father I go, the worser it gets.

Now, on to the next one. How about "Whose Husband is This?" and we can see if Laura really does live with a guy named Billie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:35 pm

well done cat :D

astoundingly impressive, or maybe as one of the better half of our species you're just astoundingly nosey :P
er no :oops:

there was a clue about wheat states, so i googled it and found kansas and north dakota were wheat states, seeing as i'd already put the kansas and the wizard of oz together on another house, and you had the only profile that said north dakota, your house simply had to be number 9!

it was one of my bankers!!

no wonder i only got 8 :lol:
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:38 pm

ann3120 wrote:so that leaves Poops and Dunc living together - oops ! ! ! !
:shock: :shock: that's news to me :lol:
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:56 pm

Haha, it went straight over my head. I had you mixed up with Loirae. I fugured the Junipers clue was about the old song Jennifer Juniper and plumped for Loirae. I thought Loirae's house was yours because it looked flat and you once said North Dakota was flat and the clue seemed to fit too, there being east, west and south ways to get there. :roll:

The houses in a row are called terraces btw. :D
Annie wrote:Poopsie, you show me with 9 corect guesses. Even managing to get my own house right, I can only come up with 8.

Annie, you did get 9 right. You got Inger, Rose, Liz, Monica, Lillie, Bob, the cat, yourself and Mahaloof. :D
dunc wrote:ann3120 wrote:
so that leaves Poops and Dunc living together - oops ! ! ! !

that's news to me
Oh bugger, the secret's out. :oops: :oops:
Pauline
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:02 pm

I agree with Ann. This was so nice and I have a lot of fun.

Thanks Lillie Billie and Poops for all your hard work.
Last edited by Duiveltje on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:04 pm

If anyone is confoozled with Dylan's clue - then I am to blame :oops: She asked me to help her with her clue and for some ridiculous reason I thought she lived in Australia :oops: She mentioned scarecrows to me so I assumed she was talking about the Wizard of "Oz" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry once again Dylan - and sorry if it put anyone else on the wrong track Image

I thought my clue was quite easy: My "PAD" - being my Lillie pad :P

Poops and Dunc :arrow: Image
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:15 pm

Poops and Dunc :arrow: [img wrote:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_65.gif[/img]

Hahahahahahaha Wonderland Love
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:23 pm

:D :D :D I figured your clue Lillie, (Love your house) and i thought Dylan's clue was great, i know she lives on the gulf and she mentioned Ivan and Katrina (Hurricanes) I'm kicking myself about Mahaloof's clue, I should have known, He has that sig with Oliver, DOH! I love his house too.

Thanks Lillie and Popo for all your hard work, This was the funnest contest ever, I like the idea of doing the inside of the house contest.

Finally Congratulations to The Cat :D :D :D
Keeks
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:24 pm

Cathy - I got so caught up with counting the correct guesses and figuring out just who is living with who,
that I eventually decided to write a very special post, just for you

to say Image on your winning entry.

Now I know what happened to all those tickets that everyone was sending to me - you must have intercepted the postal delivery/carrier person and stolen my mail. I know if I'd got to visit all the houses, I would have won. You didn't come to my house, so I guess you still don't know where I live - of course I don't either ! ! ! ! We seem to move around quite a bit.

Honestly, though - you did a wonderful job. You must be one of those people who read all the posts and really remember what you see and read. Unfortunately with me, it all seems to go in one eye and out the other ear. Oh well. I got you right though. I know all about furballs.

Who's game to work on husbands next, after we do the insides of our homes. We could really mess up some relationships that way ?????
Last edited by ann3120 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat