New Contest!

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:07 pm

:D Hi Marinus!! :D :D

How have you been? I've missed you, my friend. :P You really should enter the Who's Back of the Head contest. We need more guys. :D 8)

I hope everything is going well with you. :D
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:21 pm

Yep all these Avatars are in honor of our beloved level maker Lillie. Then there's Liz and Popo who make the most amazing stuff to go into Lillie's levels.

The inside of a person's head might be a little crazy! Not like we don't have crazy contests around here hehehe

Anyone had an MRI or CAT scan lately? You can show the back of your head that way LOL THAT would be funny!

Marinus we'd love for you to join in. You have to have some kind of hint to go with your picture though. Either something typed here in the form of a post or something sent to me that I can post under your picture or you can clip a little thing in your hair as a hint. I think for the men a clip in the hair should be required! hehehe
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:33 pm

Thank you all! :D

I'll think about it. Sunday evening I always go to my neighbour to drink some beer so maybe he will take a picture of my head, if it's a pleasure yo you :D But I have no idea what hint to do with the picture.

When I came to this forum I hadn't experience with forums at all and I liked it. So I decided to make my own forum with my family, my sisters and their children. At the beginning it was quite busy but after a few months it wasn't new anymore and now almost no one posts meesages anymore. So now I spend more time in Wonderland and I came back to the Wonderland forum. I'm not sure if I'm a real Wonderlander or a real forumer but when I'm away for a while I think I always come back some time :D

Anyhow, I still wonder if there's land. 8) I've finally completed WSW-Stinker-Rescue now, and I'm busy with RTW Classic, so another while after doing the Platinum serie I think I'm going to do custom levels.
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:48 pm

Marinus wrote:Sunday evening I always go to my neighbour to drink some beer so maybe he will take a picture of my head, if it's a pleasure yo you :D But I have no idea what hint to do with the picture.
You don't need a hint until the pictures are ready and posted for us to see, then you can just post a hint in this thread. That's what I'm doing.
I'm not sure if I'm a real Wonderlander or a real forumer
Maybe you are both!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D 8)
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:27 pm

OK then Robyn, my head is in your hands. 8) Sent a PM.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Oh yuck! I spent way too many years holding heads in my hands...I don't want to!!!!!

Just kiddin' :shock:
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:40 am

Some bobbin sent me an email and said look at this. So here I am looking. I suppose I'm in even though I've been MIA for a while.

Why? Cause I'm tired. I've got a bun in my oven. A bean that is becomming a watermelon. I'm leasing my belly to an underaged occupant. All this "growing a human" stuff is quite tiring and all I can think to do is sleep and occationally feed the family between naps. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be more energetic.

Anyway. I'm in. when's the deadline? I'll have to find the camera.
Loirae
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:30 am

Hey Loops! That's great news! Congratulations! No wonder you've been missing for so long. Pregnancy is so tiring, especially with other little ones to look after.

Glad you're back hon! Even if it's only to see the back of your head. :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:59 am

Oh Loirae, a bun in the oven....congratulations. I'm so excited for you.

My daughter went off of the pill over a month ago. Her little boy just turned 5 yrs. old so she's trying for another...we want a little girl, but a boy would be OK also.
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:26 am

Ooooooh, Loopy Loo. A new baby eh? How on earth did that happen? Don't tell me. :lol: :lol:

When are you due? Do ya know what it is yet? Have you got a name in mind? Pauline's a very nice one ya know. :wink: Not for a boy though. :shock:

Hope you aren't feeling too ghastly. I remember the days and nights I spent talking to the big white thing in the bathroom .... no not my husband! :lol:

Keep us updated won't ya? :D :D :D
Pauline
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:40 am

Hmm Robyn if it's a girl and Robin if it's a boy!

hehehe

Nope no real deadline yet. I guess I'm looking at maybe next weekend to post the site to ya all. Again, it'll be a private site that I'll PM the address to the participants.

If someone wants to guess and not enter a picture all ya have to do is PM me and I'll send ya the link.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 am

Let's hope it's a boy. We have too few boys in the back of the head contest 8) (And Paul is also a nice name :wink: )
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:25 pm

Congrats Loirae!!! :D :D :D 8)

Hope it's a girl because there'd be more of a chance of you naming her Emily. I haven't heard of too many boys with that name. :mrgreen:
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Thanks. Don't know if it's a boy child or girld child. Already have one of each so I've practiced on both. I'm good either way and it's sure to be one or the other. Due in October. Date is the 22nd, but there's no way I'll go that long. Doc already told me that if I turn diabetic again like I did with the last two he'll induce me early. I'll go ahead and make that list of names...

Pauline/Paul
Robyn/Robin

Really? That's it? At least my son came up with something original:
"Aloysius Joachim Tyrannosaurus"

I call it Bean.
Loirae
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:32 pm

Oh my! The little man is really thinkin'!

There's always:

Stinky
Loof
Quookie
Peegue
Coily
Scrouge (?)
zbot

LOL Little baby zbot! I like that one!
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Congratulations Loirae!
Here's wishing you smooth sailing through the months until you hold him/her in your arms.
jg

Robyn............I'll get a picture to you soon, OK?
Dizzy1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Dizzy1 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:52 pm

Loirae wrote:I'll go ahead and make that list of names...

Pauline/Paul
Robyn/Robin
...and Emily/Emilio
(as in: Emilio Estévez)
:D 8)
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm

Huh .. pregnant again, :? I'd have thought by now you'd know what causes that :lol: :lol:

Well congratulations.. ImageImageImage

Start picking out boy names, I have a very strong feeling it's gonna be a boy Image
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:39 pm

laura n. wrote:Huh .. pregnant again, :? I'd have thought by now you'd know what causes that :lol: :lol:
Unemployment? :shock:
Loirae
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:40 pm

Loirae wrote:I've got a bun in my oven.

I didn't know what that ment. :oops: :oops: Now I know. I saw the reactions of the others.

Congrats Loirae. I hope it is a girl. You can call her Rose. :lol: :lol:
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:56 pm

Fab news, Loirae :stinkyhappy:
Congrats to you and Rich :D

Seems I'm the first male forumite claiming name rights. So he'll be a Lutz :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Duiveltje wrote:
Loirae wrote:I've got a bun in my oven.

I didn't know what that ment. :oops: :oops: Now I know. I saw the reactions of the others.
So happy I'm not the only silly Dutch person here :lol: I didn't know either.
Congrats Loirae. I hope it is a girl. You can call her Rose.
Or Little Devil :lol: :lol:
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Lutz wrote:Seems I'm the first male forumite claiming name rights. So he'll be a Lutz :lol:
I thought Marinus is a male, having placed "Paul" on the list. (Sorry if you're not :oops: )

Or, are you referring to the little known fact that "Aloysius" and "Lutz" are both related to "Louis" - all meaning "Famous Warrior" !?!?!?

How very spooky.... :shock:
Loirae
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:18 pm

OI, Robyn! Sorry, I hijacked your contest thread. Sorry lovey. Didn't mean to. :oops: :lol:
Loirae
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Yes indeed I'm a male but Marinus is my real name, not Paul. Paul was a reply on Pauline.

I think Lutz means with the first rights that he is much longer on this forum then I am and he's right. I heard or read that he has done much work for Wonderland, translating things for Mette and such. so indeed he has the first rights :D Beside that: I'm not that kind of person who wants the baby to have his/her name :lol: :lol: :lol:

And about that off-topic thing: If you made a new topic I think I didn't have that fun, but I watch this topic because Robyn asked me to join the back of the head contest. So it's allright with me :D :D :D
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Thanks Paulinus, I mean...Marinus. You're right. It is fun. Plus, I like to bother Robyn as much as I can. :lol: :lol:

As for the man on the forum longest, I dare say it's Patrick... So, I've decided if it's a boy I'll name him:

"Midnight Patrick" 8)
Loirae
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:45 pm

LOL you can hijack anything ya want to Ms. Loopy Loop!

Midnight Patrick hmmmm that sounds kinda cool! Dangy it's a good thang I'm not havin' any more kids!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:53 pm

That's at least better then (Mr) Bean :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW. I was just talking with you all so I forgot: Congratulations Loirae! 8)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:08 pm

Marinus - I didn't know that was your real name. I really like it - reminds me of the sea. 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Liz Mayhew wrote:Marinus - I didn't know that was your real name. I really like it - reminds me of the sea. 8)
Thanks. Yes the Dutch word for navy is marine, and there is the word maritime. But I'm so used to that name that I don't think of the sea. The name comes from Mary just as Mark and Martin.