Where is everyone?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Where is everyone?

Post by popo » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:58 pm

Has everyone gone on holiday? It's like a ghost town around here. I keep having a look at the forum and there's NOTHING happening. :shock:

OR....do I need to get a life? :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Kaboom!
Rainbow Star

Post by Kaboom! » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:13 pm

i'llbe off.. for a couple of weeks maybe :cry:

bye :wink:
Last edited by Kaboom! on Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramonda
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Ramonda » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:38 pm

Kaboom! wrote:i'llbe off.. for a couple of months maybe :cry:

bye :wink:
Well, Kaboom, you sound like you have no choice in the matter. Do come back when you can. You've made some great models and you've been very helpful in answering questions for those people who are puzzled by some of the puzzles in Patrick's levels.
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:45 am

Bye Kaboom!!
I will miss you and your levels! :wink:
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:58 pm

Hi all,
I'm back. Between work, Hurricane Charlie, computer problems, and my husband, I haven't been able to get to the forums for the past three days. I'm back now and catching up, so I'll probably be a little slow to respond to levels and posts.

Sorry you have to go Kaboom, please make sure you come back. We'll miss your levels and posts. :cry:
SharonM
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:35 pm

Well! I can't turn my back for a minute. Kaboom gone???? :shock:

Hope to see you soon K. :wink:

I've had my brother over for a visit, he went back to Scotland today. :cry:

Now there's even MORE catching up to do. :shock:

Please give me a chance to catch my breath, I'll give feedback ASAP.

Nice to be home again! :wink: :roll: :lol:

Must go and play all these new levels, what a hard life! HAHAHA. :wink:

M.A.D. :lol:
BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:18 am

Hello again everyone :D

I have been away on holiday (With my other family :wink: )and I've missed you all so much! :(

I'm currently trying to catch up with everything - but it's not easy for me to find the time... After a long and rainy summer, the sun has finally reached my small country and I am waaay behind with my outdoor work in the garden. :roll:

Further more; I have had computer problems and now I have to download all the costom levels again, make new folders for everyone etc.

And while I'm at it; Thanks to everyone for all the new levels you have been posting - I'm sorry for not having had time to comment on them, but please know, that I really do appriciate your efford!

Bina.
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:48 pm

Yooo Hooo! I'm back! Anyone miss me? :lol:

Well, mother's house is finally finished. What started out as a 2 weekend project has taken us 8 months! :shock: And all we were doing was redecorating! What a nightmare! But, it's all finished. New paint in 3 rooms, repainted trim, properly hung doors, and new carpeting in the living room, hall way and guest bedroom. She hemmed and hawed about the bathroom, so when she said "you know, the bathroom needs a make-over too", Ted and I left so quick, we very nearly didn't bother opening the door on our way out! :lol:

But, despite the tears (on my part), the cursing (on Ted's), the numerous suggestions that sounded good, but in theory only (on my aunt's part) and the splinters, pulled muscles, headaches, missing tools, uneven floors, misaligned studs, and paint that wouldn't stick, the place looks great! Thank the good Lord it's finally over! :lol:

Work kept me pretty busy too, so after working with 4 lawyers and a clerk, I was too burned out to even look at the computer, let alone play a game. :cry:

I'm set for the night, tho'. Lotta catching up to do. Got my pj's on, my beer close to hand, and stocked up on smokes.

My night is set...unless the computer crashes again for the 25th time this week! I got so frustrated the other night after it crashed 4 times while I was trying to send an email, I burst into tears and tried to toss it out the window. Ted went out the next day and ordered us a new one. :D

I know very little about computers, other than to run them, so don't ask me about all the fancy stuff, but from what he says, this one sounds like it might wash my dishes for me too! :lol: Yeah Me!
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol:
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:56 pm

Well Bina and Jersey, seems like we are all gradually returning to the fold.

Can't think of a better place to be, can you? :wink:

Isn't it about time we thought of a new theme?

Any ideas???????????????????????????????????

The Picture Me competition was my baby, someone else can think of the next one.

Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:13 am

Hello again, Mad! Glad to be back in the fold! I missed you guys sooooo much. Can't even stop by during work to check up, just too busy. :cry:

Didn't we try a "Most Embarrassing Moment" a while ago? I honestly can't remember.

I think there was some discussion about screw-ups, but I don't know if there was actually a contest involved. We should have a new reward, like the one awarded to Malc - Lord & Lady Idjit. How about the "Wonderland :roll: Award"?

How about that "Guess What Pet Is Mine" suggestion someone suggested?

Or, what about "Which Level is Mine"? We could each create a level using our normal styles, which are pretty familiar to most players by now, and upload them all in one site. (One person would be resposible for compiling them, like jperleevt did with the pictures). We'd all have a chance to play them, and then everyone tries to guess who the creator is. The winner could be awarded the "Supreme Wonderland Rainbow Master".

majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:23 am

I like the "Which Level is Mine" idea. But --- the award sounds nice, but I think it sounds too much like our rankings for posts in the forum, don't you? But, the award could be decided on a little later, first we must find out if people would like to participate. I love the idea - trying to do a level in a different style to fool people; sounds easy, but there are certain things most of us do in levels that are characteristic of us that we're probably not even aware of!! This could be fun!
Majicaleetarina
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:30 am

I think it's a great idea too Jersey.

You could open a new thread for this, see how many people would want to participate.

One suggestion, to make it fair all round.......

The level should be Deluxe or Classic, no Advanced as it would give the game away.

This could be great fun for all.

lgrapes
Rainbow Master

Post by lgrapes » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:23 am

Jersey wrote:Yooo Hooo! I'm back! Anyone miss me? :lol:

Well, mother's house is finally finished. What started out as a 2 weekend project has taken us 8 months! :shock:

But, despite the tears (on my part), the cursing (on Ted's), the numerous suggestions that sounded good, but in theory only (on my aunt's part) and the splinters, pulled muscles, headaches, missing tools, uneven floors, misaligned studs, and paint that wouldn't stick, the place looks great! Thank the good Lord it's finally over! :lol:
Hi Jersey,

I feel your pain...I am in the process of doing a huge renovation myself...100+ Victorian...everytime we start a room we think it is going to be just lipstick and rouge...5 months later we are done. Between my husband, myself and helpers there have been numerous tetanus shots,
casts, stitches, muscle pulls and the occasional break down.

Welcome back and good luck getting through all of the new levels. They are great fun :D :!:

Lori
Martha's Vineyard and good friends...Life can not get much better!
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:39 pm

lgrapes wrote:Between my husband, myself and helpers there have been numerous tetanus shots, casts, stitches, muscle pulls and the occasional break down. Lori
:lol:

Fortunately, none of us needed tetanus shots and casts, this time round , although Ted did try to drop a 5 foot foot piece of of MDF trim on my head the other night. :? That's the last time we go over our life insurance policies together, right before we tackle a house project! :lol:

Mom badly injured her hand on the table saw just as she was finishing up the kitchen reno 2 years ago, and was out of commission for the better part of 1 1/2 years healing. My father also fell of the 30 foot peak of the roof about 20 years ago, with a chainsaw in his hand. Sounds bad enough, but to make it even scarier, the only place for him to fall was the scrap pile that had thousands of nails, and many jagged, broken pieces sticking up. Even worse was that the chainsaw had a faulty kill switch that didn't work when you released the trigger...30 foot drop, five foot tall pile of spikes, a deadly chain saw, and the only boo boo was a minor scratch on his bum...his guardian angel guided him on to the only whole piece of particle board on the whole pile!

Our family should really reconsider hiring contractors! :lol:

Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:40 pm

Davimad wrote:I think it's a great idea too Jersey.

You could open a new thread for this, see how many people would want to participate.

One suggestion, to make it fair all round.......

The level should be Deluxe or Classic, no Advanced as it would give the game away.

This could be great fun for all.

Okidoki! I'll do that right now. Look for the "New Contest - Levels" Post