Tyler update

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:52 am

Hang in there Robyn....it must frustrate the heck out of you not to have any answers. That's one thing I never understood but most doctors want you to be at your worst before they'll do anything.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Thanks Mon, I'm hangin' by a thread here. This is gonna be a really long weekend.

jdl it was meant to be RUDE, DUH, go away.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
wonderfull
Rainbow Star

Post by wonderfull » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Robyn;
I hadn't checked this forum for a bit and was sorry to see that you still haven't got any answers. My prayers are with you...I can only imagine how frustrated you feel.

P.S. Sorry jdl got your feathers ruffled (I missed what was said originally), but people without children have no way of beginning to understand that "mother bear" instinct! We'll fight to the finish for our cubs!!! All the best!
It's a Wonderfull life
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:23 pm

Ok so we went for a chest X-ray yesterday. I called Milwaukee and they said they were faxing the labs to our doc up here.

Talked to doc today. Chest x-ray is CLEAR! YAYAYAYAYAYA

She never really answered me as far as if she got the labs from Milwaukee.

So she thinks that it was pneumonia which is GREAT but how the heck didn't they know that HERE?! And what's with all the Blasto scare? And what caused it? And if it's allergies have they tested for all that in the blood work like they said they would? And if he's allergic to stuff does he need to simply avoid it or take some type of allergy treatment?

So I'm calling the pulmonary guy in Milwaukee and have him get a copy of the chest x-ray from up here and see what he thinks. Maybe I can get some answers outta him.
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 pm

A little good news, a little confusion. But at least nothing that screams "oh no!!!!" Hugs for you, sweetie.
Loirae
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:57 pm

Yay.......I'm glad to hear his chest x-ray is OK. That was around the time when everyone's alergies were kicking in and if he was out on that farm and then cleaning that house out all the dust and dander could have really gotten to him. My hubby and I are still having problems with our allergies. Talk with your doc and see if he can just take something over the counter next time like alavert. I think if they test for allergies they have to do a lot of different pin pricks, don't remember.

Sometimes I think it all depends on what sort of insurance you have as to what tests they do.
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Oi! Robyn! Monica reminded me:

This was one of the worst years in a long time for oak allergies in Michigan. Even people not allergic to it have been having problems breathing. Oak sent my dad to the hospital a few years back just from mowing the yard. This year he didn't go outside any more that absolutely needed to get to and from work. We all had problems breathing, but closed up windows and air filtration kept us all out of the hospital.

Maybe you should have them look specifically at Oak for Tyler being a Michigander and all. Are you near the oak that far nortrh?

See:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Loirae
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:04 pm

Yep we are BUT it's not strawish like those pictures. Here it's a fine fine dust like pollen. It covers EVERYTHING. House, vehicle, road, yard etc. I have special filters we can get up here on our window air conditioner. Then our house has a full filtration anyway.

I love to keep the windows open but on certain days I just can't :cry:

Down at Milwaukee they said they can test for a lot of allergies from the blood they took. That was the point of three of the blood tests. It used to be scratch tests and putting a drop of synthetic allergens on the scratch. They don't do that so much any more.

I contacted the pulmonary guy in Milwaukee. To make a long story short. He has access to every test before and since this episode. He saw Tyler every day. I want him to give me a definitive answer on how simple pneumonia could have been missed and if there's no idea how it was caused then what is going on with the allergy tests and how can he be treated if that's a problem. Actually I talked to someone at his office and told them to tell him (good luck) and said I wanted to hear from him by the end of the day tomorrow as to the status of him reviewing everything or results. We'll see I guess.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 pm

Isn't it a law that they have to give you a copy of his file if you request it? I think you have to pay for the copies though. My doctor always gives me a copy of my blood tests when I have them, I go next month for my blood work.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Sorry Bobbin - I don't come over to this side of the Forum much unless I am armed with a sieve :roll:

Good to hear that Ty is a lot better and that all the tests came out with good results :D I hope he gets through the summer without any more allergy reactions or more breathing problems! :P Send him my love please :wink:
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:44 pm

Robyn, I rarely come here anymore, I'm so sorry I missed all this :(
Know that you and Ty are in my thoughts & prayers Image
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:31 pm

I haven't been on much, but you guys are certainly in my prayers, and I hope that Tyler can stay healthy.
Lisa
Will I ever be able to play again?
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:24 pm

Hi Lisa! :D :D :D
Enjoying life with my 5 children: ds9, dd7, dd6, dd4, and baby girl born 04/24/08
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Image

I didn't even know you were having a bambino! My you have a lot of children! Image

I am sure she is keeping you busy - what is her name? How are you both doing? :D

Keep in touch when you can you busy bee you! Take care :D
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:32 pm

Nice to see you around Lisa!

Holy momma dats a lotta lil ones :D Enjoy enjoy!

Thanks to you, and well and to most of you for your support. I sure do appreciate it.

The Milwaukee guy never did call although he did get the results to our local doc. She said the results showed "nothing specific". I've given up. Tyler feels well, his breathing isn't perfect but is good. I'm just gonna go with the flow here and watch for signs of any problems.

Again, thanks :D
wonderlandlover
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by wonderlandlover » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Hey, I'll post a separate thread, so I'm not hijacking Robyn's thread! :wink:
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

Sorry Robyn I ment to comment yesterday :oops: I'm still catching up on emails!

I'm glad to see that Tyler is getting better and that there doesn't appear to be anything else going on. I sure hope he continues to get better. :D
Cathy