Bricks (a puzzle game)

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Bricks (a puzzle game)

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:08 pm

I understand that sliding puzzles aren't usually cool, but this one is an exception:

http://bricks-game.de/indexuk.html

As if Klotski wasn't cool enough, they add other objects turning it into an obscenely difficult puzzle game that's actually FUN. Try it. :wink:
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:21 pm

Anyone? :( Their own forums seem almost dead.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 pm

:D Nice puzzles. But I'm stuck on tetris tower :?
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:44 am

In JR? I don't really remember it right now, but the main idea of THAT one is to not to trust the vertical line block on the very leftmost of the screen -- it goes in a completely different place. :wink:

Seeing as back in the day I had the whole JR set solved, I don't really care about it now (even though I don't have the file anymore) and more focus on Bricks I, because THAT's what will allow me to get Bricks II! :oops: :lol:

P.S. Also don't try to go through all of the levels in sequence -- if you try that in Bricks I, you'll hit a VERY hard level very soon. They aren't really ordered by difficulty.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:52 am

There are indeed more hard levels between some easier ones. But about the tetris one, I think all pieces must be in the lower part, to get the red one to the top. There are 9 pieces of 4 squares each, so that's 36 squares. And the lower space is 6 x 6 so it has to fit there. Maybe if I spend many hours, I finally find it, but I don't see it yet. If I want to start in the bottom left corner, there only can be the upside-down-T, a square or the |.

Just one more try and I got it! :D :D :D
but the main idea of THAT one is to not to trust the vertical line block on the very leftmost of the screen -- it goes in a completely different place.
I don't understand what you mean by that :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am

I mean that the line goes to the right, even though the block formations serve as a misdirection to put them to the left.
Your pic is correct. :wink:

EDIT: JUST BROKE 30000! :shock: My score is now 31222 right after solving "December". :D
Still need 8779 more to qualify for Bricks II. It's closer and closer, but it's still a long and hard way to go.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:12 pm

BROKE 40000. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am qualified for Bricks II now. :D
Never even tried to optimise these levels (after bigger practice on Bricks II I might try to really hammer them) and still have five levels unsolved (Snowdrop, Forget-Me-Not, Einstein, Submarine and Labyrinth) -- but I DON'T CARE, I am finally qualified for Bricks II, dammit! :lol:
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:17 pm

:D :D :D Congratulations!

I was thinking, I'll download the junior version. Let's start as a beginner. But do you mean you have to get so many points before you can play the next version? If I want to download I or II then I can't play it for I have not enough points? :shock:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:20 pm

No! :lol:
Junoir is always available, as well as Bricks I, the FIRST game, but in order to play Bricks II, you have to break 40K in Bricks I (not JR) and mail your score file to the author.

If you want to play Bricks III, you need to get a certain score in Bricks II, and et cetera. Bricks I was supposed to be the start actually, JR was created much later as an "easier" version.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:22 pm

OK Thanks! Well as I find some levels in the junior version pretty difficult, I'll probably never be qualified for II or III :lol: :lol: :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:22 am

If you're trying for optimisation, then it will be rock hard, but if not, it should be a lot easier. Honestly, I never had hope in Bricks I until I stopped optimising and just went with what I had. Maybe later.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:19 pm

While waiting for Andreas (= the author) to mail me the Bricks II link I decided to not just resolve JR (as many of it as I can) but optimise the movements, really hammering them.
Here's what I have for now:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 17, 19, 20, 26: perfect
21: +2
16, 27: +3
23, 29: +4
47: +5
14: +7
11: +11

Didn't solve any other levels for now, but I will pretty soon.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:40 am

OK, made some more progress on JR, but what's more important I've got Bricks II and... Oh My God.

Oh My God.

It doesn't seem like I'll be able to do it ANYtime soon at all! :lol:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Quadruple posting :lol: but this deserves a bump.

Snowdrop was done long ago, but right now I've solved Forget-Me-Not.
I've solved Forget-Me-Not.

Unfortunately the other three (Einstein, Submarine, Labyrinth) are just sitting there, but I'm sure I'll get them eventually...
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Muzozavr wrote:Snowdrop was done long ago, but right now I've solved Forget-Me-Not.

I've solved Forget-Me-Not.
I know, you told me that on the sentence before that sentence.
dlcs18
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:20 am

I know, but I was just too proud to not to abuse repetition.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 pm

Bump FTW for getting Bricks II score to 30K.

6K to qualify for Bricks III and all remaining levels seem impossible... ;((
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:11 pm

And another bump for finally breaking 45K in Bricks JR. I'm at 45159 now at that one with 26 greens. (aka least moves)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Quadruple post :lol: since I just mangaed to solve Tulip in Bricks II. (WHO said that was easy?! It was ARRGH to the power of x3)
10 unsolved levels, about 5K points more to break 36K, which is the qualifying score for Bricks III... :evil: :x :shock: :x :evil: :x :shock: :x :evil:
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Bricks III?! And then... what will the first level tell you? :lol:

I've broken 10K in Bricks I, but haven't been playing it. Oh, those levels are just too complicated for me. I like puzzles that you can actually get your head around. :wink:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

mqdar wrote:Bricks III?! And then... what will the first level tell you? :lol:

No idea. :lol:

I've broken 10K in Bricks I, but haven't been playing it. Oh, those levels are just too complicated for me. I like puzzles that you can actually get your head around. :wink:

Far from the 40K for Bricks II then. And if you're trying to move-optimise these levels, don't.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:26 pm

Bump.
32381, solved Ariadne. It has been my favorite so far -- the layout seems positively impossible, but if you find the place to start (which isn't where you think it is) the conundrum falls apart pretty quickly.

Still about 4K to go... :lol: 8)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:43 pm

Opting a few older levels by a large amount of moves (sometimes it's kinda easy) and FINALLY (!) managing to solve X-Tra (ingenious level) I've got 33334. Still around 3K to go... :twisted: :shock: :lol: :( :? :twisted: :shock: :D :lol: :o :shock: :x :twisted: :roll:

Oh, and just to give you an idea of how hard Bricks II are... Granted, X-Tra is one of the harder levels, but is far from the most difficult. :twisted: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:48 pm

OMG! That level must be as hard as hell! :shock:
dlcs18
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:52 pm

It is. I believe I've got some more levels like this one in the "unsolved" section, to the point where optimising my worst results is less frustrating than solving a new level.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:37 pm

34000 (exactly, not rounded) after solving "Tuning Fork". 2001 to go... :roll:
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:51 am

Solved "Chambers" and redid a small bunch of older solutions. 34887 points now, 1114 to go... :lol:

EDIT: 34889, 1112 to go: I finally squeezed those last two moves from the first level and got my first (and so far the only) green score.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:25 pm

FINALLY! OMG omg OMG oh my god shorthand writing doesn't express it any more oh my god OH MY GOD I finally did it.

36446, after solving two more levels, namely "Robot" and "Diana". They both required a unique approach, especially "Robot" with it's *final* puzzle that required me to rethink the whole level. :lol:

I still have five levels unsolved, and my scores for each level are incredibly lame, but I don't care. :lol:

Despite my glitchy connection I still managed to send the score file to Andreas and waiting for:
(all together now)
Bricks III, Bricks III, Bricks III, Bricks III! :shock: :D
Oh god, why do I still want more... :lol:

Also, returned to Bricks I and managed to solve "Submarine" which STILL gave me some grief. "Einstein" is still there and I have no clue on how to do it.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Andreas replied to me today, and I managed to download Bricks III.

What the heck, Andreas? What the heck?!
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:52 pm

HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THAT WHAT THE HELL THIS IS THE HARDEST LEVEL IN BRICKS III AND THE HARDEST SLIDER PUZZLE EVER CREATED WHAT THE HELL ANDREAS IS EVIL WHAT THE HELL HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO THAT.