New Game Comming Soon:Wonderland Platformer(demo 2 out)

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

New Game Comming Soon:Wonderland Platformer(demo 2 out)

Post by boywhoflies » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:57 pm

This game contains spoilers about rainbow magic.

I am makeing a game called Wonderland Platformer.
It is a Puzzle game with a bit of action, just like the real ones.
Here is a screenshot and a eg. of a puzzle on level 5:
Image.
in this one, you need to(hiden for those who would like to solve it themsleves if a demo comes out)
Jump over the water or use Brr to make a bridge.Then on the other side, jump as high as you can.You can't get to the hole, so youse Grow to make a growflower under you and jump on it so you will be level with the passage.Then use Blink at the peak of your jump to get past the spikes(They kill you).Then use Brr to make another bridge.On the other side there is a lot of grey.This is a no-magic zone.It won't work.This means you can't use Brr to frezze a brige on the 3rd body of water,and the spikes at the bottom will keep you from jumping.So you push the box down.Then you can't get out,unless you use Splash(thats Indgo magic in the game,It turns Floors and walls into water, and water won't kill you in this game) in the small gap in the No-Magic zone to get through.You then Push the box into the water and proseed.
The game uses some new elements(like the No-Blink zone) and some old ones(like steel boxes and gems).The chomper sprite is by Blast!10 and the Glove Sprite and most of the sounds and all the music are by midnight synergy(I can't rember if it said in the terms of use if I can't do that,if so,please tell me).
Magic has the same efects, but use is difrent.You can youse anyone at anytime(as long as there is no zone saying you cant)with the mouse weall(if someone dosen't have one, say so and I will make a other button for that).Also, the gloves charge at a decent rate on their own, rather than having to step on something to get shots.
Coments?Ideas?Requests?Say anything, I realy want to know that you guys think. :D :D :D
Last edited by boywhoflies on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:21 pm

:shock:
looks neat
will there be loof?
and can you make a demo?
save off topic by clicking here and here
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Have you got permission from MS to use that glove symbol?
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:12 am

@Kabooms Rock
If you guys want a demo, and my parents are ok with me uploading it(Some guy got into our network and got us over limit, they have been very carefull since then) there will be.And for Loof, he might be added,but it may not be the eazyest thing ever.I'll try to add him now, though.If I can't get him as a playable with stinky, I will let him be playable as a choice between Stinky and him(Charecter slect screen) or something like a MPC(that is how you say it, right?)
I may add Qookie, Peegue or Moklin, too!
@ Ben-09
No...
Is there anything in the terms of use saying I can't?I can't remberImage.If there is, I will change it(I wanted it to as simalar to the normal wonderland as possible). Image

Chatroom
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:47 am

NPC for

Non Playable Character.

Unless you mean Mom Playable Character, a character played by your mom.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 am

ben-09 wrote:Have you got permission from MS to use that glove symbol?
He's not selling this game.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:15 am

boywhoflies wrote: Is there anything in the terms of use saying I can't?I can't remberImage.If there is, I will change it(I wanted it to as simalar to the normal wonderland as possible). Image
Image Cool smilieImage
BTW hows the game going
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:52 pm

@ Technos72
Thank you for saying that! :D :D :D
I was realy woried about doing something wrong with that sprite. :D
@ Kabooms Rock
Thanks, and I't going good.Not very much added, but I do know that all puzzles are going to be 1 Stinker, and others will be as extras on a charecter slect screen.I am going to put Stinky, Loof, and Qookie for shure, most likely Peegue and Morklin, and possibly Poosie.

If anyone want a sertain Charecter, say so!I will try to add them.You can say any charecter, even non-stinkers.
Also,I want to know if you want the other charecters to be unlockable, or all from the start.

Chatroom
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:59 pm

You may not modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile any part of this Software. You may not re-sell, rent, lease, or sublicense the Software, or create derivative works based on this Software.

Except for those expressly granted in this agreement, Midnight Synergy retains all rights and titles to this Software.

From the EULA.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

PM me for a minotaur.

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:43 pm

PEEGUE OR DIE. ^not your post
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:04 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:You may not modify
I didn't,
reverse engineer,
I don't know what that means, so I think I didn't
disassemble
I didn't
, or decompile any part of this Software.
I don't know what that means, ether.I don't think I did.
You may not re-sell, rent, lease, or sublicense the Software,
I didn't
or create derivative works based on this Software.
I'm not selling it, though.Fan games are OK, right?
Except for those expressly granted in this agreement, Midnight Synergy retains all rights and titles to this Software.
Once again, woulden't it be ok since I'm sot selling, and It's just a fan game?I am not saying it's mine.One of the first things I did on the game was say all the stuff by others, includeing MS.

From the EULA.
I did not open up any files to get anything, for the glove sprite I took a screenshot, and the sounds are(rather frizzy)recordings.

Thank you for telling me. :D

also...
@nobody
The thing is, all I have to do for the first 3 is recolor hats.Pegue has a top hat, and I may be too lazy to make one.

Chatroom
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:39 pm

There already is a Peegue SMILEY though, and you could just copy the hat onto the spirte, couldn't you? Also, reverse engineer is opening something up and making the same thing by copying what you see, which isn't what you did if you didn't open up any files.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:57 pm

why are we talking about this being legal or illegal i dont think ms will mind. After all he didn't mind the hex editing topic and that broke almost all the user agreament and copyright rules.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:26 pm

@ Kabooms Rock and Nobody
Thank you very much guys.I have been very woried about that legal /ilegal stuff, and you guys just made me a lot less nervose. :D :D :D
@ Nobody
Thanks for saying that!I know Popo made a Morklin smile but I forgot about the peegue one.I will PM for permishon. :D

Chatroom
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:59 pm

deleted
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:13 am

Update!

Ok, Loof is now a playable charecter!After I post this, I will start working on Qookie. :D

Heres a screenshot of Loof in level 3.
Edit:Qookie is done.Here's a screenshot of her in level 2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by boywhoflies on Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chatroom
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:21 am

Can we have a demo?
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:39 am

Yes, you can!The Charecter Slect Screen is a work in progress, so all the buttons saying Stinky are not glitches,Nether is the fact that evreyone's voice is Stinkys.Here is the link!Click here! :D
Left and right make you walk.
Up makes you jump.
The mouse weel scrolls thru magic.
The left mouse button casts magic.
R pauses and give you the option to restart.
Esc closes the game.

Chatroom
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:41 am

Kabooms Rock wrote:why are we talking about this being legal or illegal i dont think ms will mind. After all he didn't mind the hex editing topic and that broke almost all the user agreament and copyright rules.
Do your research. As long as we aren't doing anything for a profit - ergo, it doesn't harm anyone - it's not illegal.

Same thing here. Using the glove symbol is fine.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Thank you.I am now comeplety optimistic about the game. :D
Edit:Popo is ok with me useing the hat from the Morklin Smilie!Morklin is going to be playabe. :D :D :D
Edit 2:Turns out that Morklin's hat is to big.His hat and head are taller than Stinky alltogether :o .I"Ll try to fix it. :wink:

Chatroom
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:40 pm

@boywhoflies: It still is not allowed unless you asked MS. He allowed the use of sprites (I think) but not the sounds.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Ok.Should I PM MS about it?

Chatroom
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:@boywhoflies: It still is not allowed unless you asked MS. He allowed the use of sprites (I think) but not the sounds.
You obviously don't understand the concept of fan games.
Blast!10
Rainbow Star

Post by Blast!10 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:46 pm

@DEEMAN and tyteen:
Midnight Synergy wrote:I have no problem with you making a Wonderland fangame, as long as a few rules are followed:

a) no 'official' (and hence copyrighted) material is used (official graphics, sound fx, music, copies of gameplay mechanics)
b) the game is not distributed other than on this forum or on a wonderland fan site (e.g. mette's site)
c) the title screen includes the remark that the game is not "official" and hence Midnight Syngery has no responsibility for its content.
d) the spirit of the game doesn't deviate too far from the official Wonderland games (e.g. a violent shoot-em-up where Stinky and Loof battle hordes of Zombies would not be ok) ;)

Hopefully you'll find that these are reasonable (and not too restrictive) requests.

Cheers,
Patrick
:roll:
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Ok, I will change the "A" part now.
Now, some gameplay mecanics are copied, but the only things that do not change at all are the rainbow coins opening gates(Now a cage)gems giving you points,chompers chaceing you,boxes(however, they now can be pushed off the side of a stage)and fireflowers shooting at you.Do those count as copies of gameplay mechanics?
Edit:I forgot all magic(But Splash).Fail. :lol:
Last edited by boywhoflies on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chatroom
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 pm

1. ???
2. stuff giving you points is cliche, so no.
3. see 2.
4. see 3.
5. see 4.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Ok I tried the game.

It's actually good. But I'm confused with this copyright stuff. I got up to level 3.

And is that what indigo magic really is?? :shock:
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:32 pm

@ DEEMAN223344
Thank you very much:D ,and 1 was that the gate opens when all all coins are picked up.
@ Technos72
Thank you! :D And no,that is not real indigo magic,nor was it my idea, someone else on this fourm came up with it, but I forget who.I wanted as much moves as possible, and I think each spell counts as 1.
@ anyone
Also, I used 1 not edited smilie.That's ok, right?
Edit:All resources by MS are removed.The music is now "Theme of CHAO"from SADX and the glove is now a edited pic of Master Hand.
Edit 2:
Update!Pootsy is now playable!Here is a screenshot of her, and one of Morklin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chatroom
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:32 pm

BUMB.
Sorry about Double post.I edited what I had to say 2 days ago, and (I think) 1 person saw it besides me. :lol:
Does anyone want ondie(thats how it is spelled, right?) or ace to be playable?Also, do you guys know/think wisp could use rainbow magic(we know more than stinkers can use it, pointed out by
The Elder ice troll(Shiver?)
).

Chatroom
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:09 pm

This fan game looks really cool! :D :D :D
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.