in case i was missed

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
momtopetsonly
Silver Wonderlander

in case i was missed

Post by momtopetsonly » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:13 am

Hi fellow nutters,
I have been going through withdrawals of the nutter group, both you guys, the new levels, the game itself, etc. The reason: on Dec. 7 I went into the hospital due to having become dehydrated (ummm don't think I need to explain how that occurred!). As it turned out, the symptoms were reminiscent of some previous health issues from just a year ago, so many tests were done during my sickest point while in the hospital.

The good news, all the tests showed I did not need surgery and that it was not from previous issues - although related in a way. I just was happy to hear no surgery. The tests did show I am a diabetic now, which in a way doesn't surprise me due to my weight. In a way, this particular diagnosis is a blessing in disguise so as to make me have to eat more healthier instead of only saying I want to eat more healthy. Make sense?

Also, any blood glucose testing after I started feeling better while still in the hospital had the readings within the very normal range, so possibly the illness caused the readings to go higher. That happens, but it is much easier to control if that is the case with me. I do have experience with understanding the way monitoring works and how diet affects from the job I had prior to going on disability in 2004. But, it is different when it is yourself.

All this to say, I came home from the hospital on Dec. 15 - a week's stay is long indeed. Course, last year at Thanksgiving time from my surgery I was in for 8 days, so 1 day less is a nice thing! :) Laughingly my mom and the hospital staff that remembered me from last year said I seem to be making a yearly event which I replied if that is the case that means next year I will be in during Christmas, which all of us then replied - BETTER NOT BE :!: :lol:

So, with this it will take me awhile to download the levels I have missed, played them and talk on this forum. Some of that will be due to getting my strength back and being able to sit at the computer for long enough to play this nutty game.

I just wanted to say I missed you all and am so happy to be back home - both my apartment and here.

Pat
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:37 am

Sorry to hear you are not well, :cry: Glad your are back. :lol:
Now get going on those levels. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:49 am

Goodness, you have had a week! You were missed! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Take care of yourself and get your strength back. Come back and post when you are up to it! :D
drushing
Rainbow AllStar

Post by drushing » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:28 am

Glad you are out of the hospital, Pat. I hope your health continues to improve. Enjoy the levels you have missed and take it easy.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:44 am

I'm sorry to hear of all your health issues, but I'm glad the Dr.'s seem to be working through them. I do hope you're on the road to healthier times. :D
Good luck catching up on all things Wonderland. :wink: :D :D
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:59 am

Take care of yourself Pat - glad you're back on the forum.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!