New Series - I'm Broke!

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

New Series - I'm Broke!

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:08 am

I haven't posted any new levels recently because I've been working on a 15 level series called "I'm Broke". It's called that for several reasons... and puns. :lol:

I just finished it, so here is a brief description!

I may add more series that are connected to this series. :D

This series includes...

-15 Levels
-A storyline, including suprises, twists, and meeting new characters.
-A protagonist. It's not me! :twisted: :lol:
-A boss battle by the end of the series
-Possibly one of the hardest 3D mazes on the forum
-I tried to balance puzzles and quick finger levels. The quick finger levels shouldn't be too hard.

The Thick Thicket level (I'm Broke! Part 3) may run slowly on old computers. Sorry about that. If the graphics really act up, feel free to skip the level.

Like all things, I recommend to play the levels in order, otherwise you may miss important parts of the story.

How to download:

1. Download the series, found at the bottom of this post.
2. Extract the files from the zip folder.
3. Place levels in the "Custom Levels" folder.
4. Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this series!

Here is the zip file that has this series in it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:22 am

:D So far I played 1 and 2, and I think they are fine levels. Thanks. :D

However, 3 (kooky016) I can't load at all (see the attachment). Di you use hex-editing for that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:49 am

If you play a level with a white gate that you can walk through (Wonderland for Weirdos, by any chance?) then when you try to load a level with the "Castle" style, it can't load the texture for some teason. Restart the game and play the "Castle" textured levels BEFORE playing levels with a walkable white gate.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:13 am

Thanks, but that doesn't help much yet. After the game crashed I tried again the same level, and it crashed again. And I didn't play a level with a walkable white gate today.

Also, although I can't load the level in the "play" mode, I can load it in the editor. The style is "Garden", so I've no idea what that "castlebreak" means. But the level is 99x99, so maybe my computer doesn't like that either. :wink:
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:07 pm

None of this series is Hex-Edited. The reason why you probably can't load I'm Broke! Part 3 is that your computer isn't powerful enough (since all the walls are made of trees). It is a really annoying maze anyways, so you can just skip over it.

Just to let you know, I'm Broke! Part 3 has you grab 113 coins (most computers can't render that much. I'm really sorry!), and that has a role in the story line.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:49 am

Okay, I have a fixed version of I'm Broke! Part 3 that (hopefully) shouldn't give you a MAV.

Only download this if you get a message saying "Memory Access Violation" when you try to load "I'm Broke! Part 3".

I change the trees to 2.0 walls and flowers to normal walls. It's a little harder than the original level, but at least it should work.

If someone still has problems with this, please tell me.

KOOKY016NOMAV
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:47 am

:D Thanks! I can load the level now, and I tried to play it, but I didn't finish yet. I got 102 coins, but I think it's indeed pretty hard to get them all. Maybe it's just too big for a 3D maze.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Don't worry. The level is designed to get you lost! :lol: Skip it if it gets too annoying. I even got lost a few times. :oops:

The maze takes up about 2/5 of the 99 by 99 level.

There's a map below for I'm Broke! Part 3 if you need any help. Tall walls represent trees and normal walls represent flowers. Also, if you have no idea where to go first, here's a walkthrough.

Walkthrough (Skip over if you don't want to know the solution to winning I'm Broke! Part 3) The walkthrough is written step by step.

Step 1: Make your way to the cyan button (see the map below). You might see the green button by the beginning of the level, but you can't press it yet because it is behind a yellow gate. You might also see the dark blue circle button along the way too, but you don't have anything to hold it down and it is behind a green gate. Also, you might see a red teleporter behind a dark blue gate, which leads to the exit. You'll need all the coins to get through the exit anyways, so ignore it for now. Also, make sure you go into the clock room (shown on the map)! You will need all of that time!

Step 2: Once the cyan button is pressed, make your way to the purple button. It's a long way around, and it's easy to get lost by there if you're not careful. Don't go on the conveyor belts. Going on them will make you miss lots of coins.

Step 3: Once the purple button is pressed, make your way to the yellow button! Make sure you have pressed the cyan and purple buttons, or the passage to the yellow button will be blocked with purple and cyan gates! The yellow button will let you get around much easier. Be careful, though, this button also makes it much easier to get lost. Ignore the newly opened yellow gates and continue making your way along the path to collect any coins you might see. Once you're sure that you grabbed all the coins in the top half of the level, move on to step 4.

Step 4: Now, make your way to the green button. The newly opened yellow gates will make navigation faster and easier (and maybe harder).

Step 5: Make your way to the Red Link Sphere (labeled as a 1 in a red circle on the map.). Once you find it, push it into the water.

Step 6: Once the Red Link Sphere is pushed into the water, there will be a new one by the long, snaking conveyor belt (not the small one by the middle) and the dark blue circle button. If you have successfully done the previous steps correctly, the path to the dark blue circle button should be open. Push the Link Sphere to the dark blue circle button and it should rest on it, keeping those dark blue gates open!

Step 7: Grab any coins you might have left out. Once you have all of them, proceed to step 8. You might be a few bonus coins short. The last of the bonus coins are by the exit.

Step 8: Go to the red teleporter once you have all the coins. It will teleport you and the exit is right there!

Step 9: Go into the exit. Duh!

Step 10: Be happy that you made it through all of that junk.

Here is the map!
KEY

Green S Circle: Start
Green E Circle: Exit
Green Circle with nothing in it: Green Button
Cyan Circle: Cyan Button
Purple Circle: Purple Button
Yellow Circle: Yellow Button
Dark Blue Circle with nothing in it: Dark Blue Circle Button
Dark Blue T Circle: Clock Room. Has a few coins in it, too, so make sure you go into it.
Red T Circle: The red teleporter. Leads to the exit. Is kind of hard to see on the map, sorry.
Red 1 Circle: 1st Red Link Sphere
Red 2 Circle: 2nd Red Link Sphere after you push the 1st one into the water.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

Skip it if it gets too annoying.
Actually I was thinking about to do that, but since you did so much work, revising the level with the walls, and making a walkthrough and a screenshot with marked places, I decided to give it another try. I got my gold star now, with the help of the map, but I used the Alt-X keys to find the last 2 bonuscoins. I also played 2 more levels of the serie; I played 1 to 5 now, but I think I don't play 6 and 7 with the UFO's. Maybe I play (some of) the other levels later.

Thanks for the fun! :D :D :D
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:54 pm

Glad you made it through the maze! :D

6 is kind of annoying, but with 7 you shouldn't have much trouble with the UFO's. Just make sure you blow up all the UFO's with boulders (until the Mothership comes up and blows up all the powder kegs) when you can and it should be easy. :D
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:28 am

Has anyone finished the whole series yet? :D

After I'm Broke! Part 6, the only tough quick fingers one is I'm Broke! Part 12. I'm Broke! Parts 8 and 14 can be tough too if you don't know what you're doing.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Anyone finished it yet? :?
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:14 pm

I did not finish them all yet. I played 1 to 5 and 7 and probably I'll play more of them later.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:31 am

I Have only Finished the last one. But the rest I Read The notes. Maybe except For The one where you Realise The Rainbow Spirit.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 pm

:D I played them all now, except 6 and 12. Maybe I'll try them later. You made a lot of work of it! :D I like the whole serie/story with the funny signs and the challenging levels.

Of course I don't like completely everything in every level as much. For example, in the level with the shooting red guy, I think there are a bit too many boxes, so much repeating moves. But in general, I think it's a great serie, and you are a very creative levelmaker! :D

I also think such a serie is worthy that you post it in seperate topics during some longer time, let's say 2 or 3 levels a week, so you may get more comments.

Thanks for the great serie, and I'm looking forward to your next levels/serie! :D :D :D
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:29 am

Be sure to PM me when Z-bot Zillions or whatever the next series is comes out! :D :D
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:38 am

Okay! :D

It won't be for a while, though.
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:43 am

Thanks! My favorite characters would have to be:

Aname(A funny name. And I like Shadow Stinkers),
Chompil(He seems to have good Character)
Fred and Joe(I like the jokes!),
and Stinky(of course!).
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:15 am

Glad you like it! :D

Once I finish thinking up the plot for Zillius Z-Bots I'll start to build it.

It would help and speed up the progress if you guys make suggestions for Zillius Z-Bots.

(Zillius Z-Bots takes place just after I'm Broke!)
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 am

Sorry for waking up an old topic, but I want to remind you about this. I'm looking forward to Zillious Z-bots!
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:40 am

LittleZbot wrote:Sorry for waking up an old topic, but I want to remind you about this. I'm looking forward to Zillious Z-bots!
:lol:

Great series I must say.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm stuck on level one. How do you move the metal box?
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:14 pm

NOTE: I will get to work on Zillius Z-Bots when I get some ideas.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Now I'm stuck on level two. Crazy trampolines. :x
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Oh. That might have been a puzzling one. Here's my instructions (I didn't bother showing the beginning of the level because that part is self explanatory):

Step 1: Follow the yellow numbers from smallest first to largest last.
Step 2: After passing the first yellow line, repeat step 1 with the next yellow numbers.
Step 3: After passing the second yellow line begin following the white numbers.
Step 4: After you hit the white 7 begin following the cyan numbers.
Step 5: Once you hit the cyan 8 you're done!
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:47 am

:?: How do you get to the white 4 from the white 3?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:05 am

Bounce to the right over and over after hitting white 2 until you get to white 4.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:18 am

But you fall in the water. :P :?
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:20 am

Hmm... I'll check it out and report back.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 am

Ooh, I see what I did wrong now.

After you bounce on white 3 use white 2 to bounce down to cyan 3 then bounce to the trampoline left of cyan 2 then bounce down off of that trampoline and you will land on a break tile.