The Ultimate Wonderland Map Project*

Discuss the games (no level solutions or off-topic, please).

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

The Ultimate Wonderland Map Project*

Post by RoberTime » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:45 am

*The project will feature original (Not fanmade) places only!

I was thinking about this the other day, or maybe even the past few years or so. What if there was a map of Wonderland, aside from the one in WSW and even part of the concept drawing before WA, that could be deemed the most complete map of Wonderland? However, that is if all six of the Wonderland games were canon. And note: What I intend to make in the long run as an "Ultimate" map of Wonderland, will be as if it IS canon, but with few exceptions (Such as Stinky/Loof's old home, and the Edge of Space and Time, from RTW).

Basically, the idea of this project was to compose a map highly similar to that of WSW, but combined with additional worlds and other places beyond, as per TOW, RTW, and WA places outside of the mainland, such as Sundog Island. I will actually draw the whole map myself. Mind you, I will NOT be posting on Deviantart anymore (Because Deviantart is stupid, imo).

Before I start drawing, I am brainstorming what I could include in this map project. To start, I should include the wide majority of WSW locations. Followed by WA trilogy locations, and work around the map with non-WSW TOW places. Also, if you are wondering about maps of planets outside Wonderland, there is a possibility I could do it after or with the whole Wonderland map.

If you have anything that may have slipped past my mind for brainstorming places to add to the map, please take note here so I can list it down!

==LOCATION LIST (Temporarily)==

Stinky's Cove:
Stinky's House
Loof's House

Windy Hills:
Windmill
Windy Hills Caves
Bridge to Wondertown
Ruins
Amphitheater
Temple of Fire
Rainbow Pool
Forest Maze
Jade Temple
Willow Rock (Further south)
Water Palace (Near shores along Willow Rock)

Wondertown:
Peegue's House
Wonderland Temple Project
Wonderland Gateway
Town Square
Wondertown Canals
The Old Windmill (Unless if WA is the same Windmill)
Arcade
Wondertown Fortress (Or whatever it was called?)
Wondertown Sewers
Hero Shrine
Abandoned Warehouse
The Crazy Box Factory
Gateway to the Z-Bot Station

Lazy Leaf Woods/Plains:
Mushroom Grove/Farm
Hedge Maze/Labyrinth
River Delta
Ocean View Harbor
Qookie's Cottage
Creepy Keep/Haunted Castle
Secret Garden

Foggy Mountains:
Foothills
Crystal Lake
Foggy Peak
Alien Resort
Caves
The Halls of Undermountain
Avalanche Alley
Cloud City
Training Grounds/Full Circle

Fire Island:
The Great Wonderland Sea
Jungle
Cliffs
Kaboom! Village
Acid Pools
Temple
Volcano
Heart of the Volcano
Lava Outlet
(Mystery) Archipelago
Mystery Island
Peninsula

Forever Forest:
Forest's End
Wonderfalls
Academy of Magic
Forbidden Forest
Lonely Top
Thwart Encampment
Chasm
Star Machine

Wasteland/The Void:
Pyramid
Desert Cities
The Shack
Stinker Temple (Beyond Void)

Sundog Island:
Abandoned Mine
Ice Troll Fortress
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Re: The Ultimate Wonderland Map Project*

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:55 am

I think all the games are canon and have fluid continuity story wise
I live a Wonderland adventure every day!
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 pm

How do you know that the crazy box factory is in wondertown? Same thing for the jade temple. Are you basing it off of the music?
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:02 pm

I do not know if you can accurately locate every little place but for sure I know one thing:the two trilogies are connected and every game within each trilogies are connected thus making the series chronological alined and each title canon.
But if some things are maybe misplaced between trilogies or inside then you should at least approximate their places...also try finding the walkthrough maps for WA to give yourself a little boost!
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:54 pm

OondiLalaLoopy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:02 pm
I do not know if you can accurately locate every little place but for sure I know one thing:the two trilogies are connected and every game within each trilogies are connected thus making the series chronological alined and each title canon.
But if some things are maybe misplaced between trilogies or inside then you should at least approximate their places...also try finding the walkthrough maps for WA to give yourself a little boost!
I was thinking about Wonderland Adventures (which I know the layout of pretty well) the other day while looking at Secret Worlds' map, and I came to a realization. Every area from the very start of the game to just before the Foggy Mountains mirrors the WSW map almost PERFECTLY. It's honestly pretty crazy. Most games wouldn't have bothered with something like that.
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 pm
How do you know that the crazy box factory is in wondertown? Same thing for the jade temple. Are you basing it off of the music?
I... Am going to have to come back to this. I'm 95% I know where the "assumption" for the Jade Temple comes from though. Also, it makes sense to me that the Crazy Box Factory would be in Wondertown, and actually, now that I *really* think about it, I think I might know where that one comes from too.
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 pm

RoberTime,what program do you use and what style are thinking off?...also how big is the detail level(an estimation at least?)
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:49 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:54 pm
OondiLalaLoopy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:02 pm
I was thinking about Wonderland Adventures (which I know the layout of pretty well) the other day while looking at Secret Worlds' map, and I came to a realization. Every area from the very start of the game to just before the Foggy Mountains mirrors the WSW map almost PERFECTLY. It's honestly pretty crazy. Most games wouldn't have bothered with something like that.
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:55 pm
I... Am going to have to come back to this. I'm 95% I know where the "assumption" for the Jade Temple comes from though. Also, it makes sense to me that the Crazy Box Factory would be in Wondertown, and actually, now that I *really* think about it, I think I might know where that one comes from too.
Alright, I'm back. So it turns out the place I was thinking was the Jade Temple in the RTW Deluxe Level Set was actually the Rainbow Temple. Oopsie. As for the Crazy Box Factory...

Alright, here me out. This isn't proof by any means; it's merely a theory. HOWEVER, in the MoFI Retro levels, one of them is the Crazy Box Factory... Except for one thing. It's been abandoned. Now, the "Time Void" or whatever it was called takes you back to places in the past, doesn't it? If so, then that means that the Crazy Box Factory was abandoned at some point. And if the CBF was abandoned, it serves to reason that the place where they store boxes (which is almost certainly close by, since there aren't any vehicles in Wonderland outside of the Z-Bots' UFOs) would ALSO be abandoned. And if the storage facility is close by, and the CBF is in Wondertown, then that means said storage facility is none other than the Abandoned Warehouse. In other words, it's certainly a likely possibility that it IS, in fact, in Wondertown.
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Crazy box factory was in TOW?Because if it is in RTW then it would be a problem...Abandoned Warehouse is in WSW! I wonder if it is before or after.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 pm

OondiLalaLoopy wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:19 pm
Crazy box factory was in TOW?Because if it is in RTW then it would be a problem...Abandoned Warehouse is in WSW! I wonder if it is before or after.
Yeah, the Crazy Box Factory is in TOW. It isn't in RTW, though.

I think we can assume Secret Worlds takes place after TOW - if memory serves correctly, it seems pretty clear that Quookie met Stinky and Loof in the events of RTW's Deluxe Level Set (to be fair, WSW seems that way too, but I'm pretty sure it only acted that way in a cutscene). And we know both RTW Level Sets take place after TOW, became of RTW's intro - which would mean that WSW takes place after TOW by extension.
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:42 pm

Except RTW which resumes the first two installments everything is in order across trilogies
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:59 pm

what is the wonderland temple project?
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:05 pm

The Wonderland Temple Project (I believe it was also referred to as a museum at some point) is the place you first meet Morklin in WA.
OondiLalaLoopy
Rainbow Wizard

Post by OondiLalaLoopy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 pm

I think the Wonderland Museum is a more accurate term!
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:57 pm

Yeah, it is. But it's also mentioned to have been a temple before. If it were me, I'd label it as the Wonderland Temple Museum.

Ultimately it's RoberTime's project though. Something like this would be his decision; I think most people will know what he's referring to regardless of how it's labeled.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:23 pm

So in all of this, where would be the area you go after you beat the pyramid level in WA1. Is it the wasteland or some-other place.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:39 pm

Well, remember, the Thwarts' spell finally came into full effect just after the Yellow Shard was acquired by the Wonderheroes Quadrio (as I like to call Stinky, Loof, Quookie, and Peegue). And they didn't enter the Void until Wysp made a portal leading there, so one can presume they were still in the Wasteland, and the entrance to the Void was just inaccessible due to the spell.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:00 am

It seems to me like a lot of the places in TOW and base game RTW don't match up well to places in the 4 2/3 newer games.
Particularly, where is 'Underhall Mountain' (TOW World 4)?

Mentioning this because of the 'Crazy Box' discussion, sorry if it's a bit off topic.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:42 pm

Yeah, TOW and the Classic Set of RTW clash with the world established in the games that come after. But the most interesting thing, is the fact that at the end of MOFI, when the camera zooms out to show the Z-Bots arriving in Wonderland, we get a glimpse of the Wonderfalls, as well as the Creepy Keep. But, yeah, this mapping thing is pretty difficult as a lot of the locations seem to vary between games.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:49 am

This sounds like a cool idea, is it still being worked on?

I love it when fans discover canon to a game by combining ideas.