Wonderland Endeavors 2015-2021: THE JOB INTERVIEW COLLAB [2ND EDITION RELEASED]

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Wonderland Endeavors 2015-2021: THE JOB INTERVIEW COLLAB [2ND EDITION RELEASED]

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:14 pm

It has been a few days short of six years, but now it is here.
PCPuzzle's biggest and most notorious time capsule, thought to have been lost to time.

JOB
INTERVIEW
COLLAB

YOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Logo by Sammy_P who left several secrets for those nosy enough to look. Find your question.

This hub is an installment in the Wonderland Endeavors series of collabs.

Thanks to all who participated!

The first released edition of this collab was a single huge adventure, formerly listed as MNIK079.wa3. That release has been replaced with a newer edition which is in hub format with some polishing and extra content.

With 75 .wlvs and 152 .dias, the first edition was the biggest gameplay-centric custom adventure ever produced by the PCPuzzle community. This is the product of the hard work of many people. No single adventure has more .dias than this one. The .wlv count is only surpassed by Emerald141's The Rest of the Story, though that is more of a visual novel and not a gameplay-oriented adventure.

The second edition is a hub that clocks in with a total of 118 .wlvs and 204 .dias.

Thank you everyone for being so patient with me. This was a behemoth to put together and I did my best to help make the finished product a memorable experience. I hope you find it worth the wait.

Now venture forth and seek the job of your dreams!

-=- LEVEL DESIGNERS -=-

Blake (loofisawesome)
Sammy_P and his friend "samuel"
jdl
Yzfm
Nobody
Jutomi
Wonderman109
garirry
MyNameIsKooky
Cookie (made an entry for the 2nd edition rather than the 1st edition)
Regner
I also added some extra .wlvs between different collab entries to make it all flow better.

-=- PEOPLE WHO CAME UP WITH SOME CONCEPTS BUT DIDN'T DESIGN LEVELS -=-

Cadence
Master Wonder Mage

They had ideas for Job Interview Collab entries, which I built for them.

-=- OTHER CREDITS -=-

A custom Stinker accessory was modeled by Cadence and textured by Sammy_P.

-=- DEPENDENCIES (lol) -=-

The following steps are required for the optimal job interview experience:

STEP 1:
Install Sammy_P's Marvelous WA Editor Show Tunes Version 3 or higher.

STEP 2:
Install Master Wonder Mage's PotZ Music Pack.

STEP 3:
Install Cookie's Music Pack Version 4 or higher.

STEP 4:
Download the actual hub here (too big for PCPuzzle). Unzip in your editor root folder.

Enjoy the collab!
Last edited by MyNameIsKooky on Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Re: Adventure #79: THE JOB INTERVIEW COLLAB

Post by Nobody » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:15 pm

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
cloudrac3r
Rainbow Master

Post by cloudrac3r » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:17 pm

WONDERLAND IS BACK!!!!! :stinkyhappy:
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:28 pm

FIRST RESPONSE AND FIRST DOWNLOAD!!! And first like, and first [...........................................]

Regner.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:46 am

Well, that was quite interesting (and full of despair!)

Love this community-based adventure, I'm glad to see the game is getting moments of joy every now and then; I don't know when but hopefully in the near future (or far) WA's community will get out of its mundane state.

SPOILER ALERT FROM HERE AND BELOW!!! I don't have much to write, but I'll try to mention each and everyone's work with what I liked the most:

Blake (loofisawesome): my most favorite part was when the the player was going all the way back to the gem chomper and the stinker was just lying there on the ground, really gave me a good laugh! :lol:
Sammy_P and his friend "samuel": very interesting 'happy death day' vibe with the zbot part, great dialogs, and surprisingly I got stumped for the first 15 minutes solving your pop puzzle (I later realized I wasn't thinking correctly!) :o
jdl: https://youtu.be/OHxyZaZlaOs
Yzfm: I haven't seen you active for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, but I hope you know that people enjoyed your Gordon Ramsey's Wonderland Kitchen, atleast I did. :P
Nobody: Thanks to you, Malcolm did all in his power to make me despise him to oblivion, plus dislike children further!!! :evil:
Jutomi: you really seem to have a unique grasp with puzzle designing, it feels like you HAVE to come up with something new, something novel or unusual, which you did so here. :)
Wonderman109: I am nothing but a spoon, and will forever be a spoon (Pst. thanks for contributing).
Garriry: although I haven't heard about you for quite a while (similar to yzfm's), I'm glad you gave me a good laugh at the end of the interview, thanks for that! 8)
MyNameIsKooky: The man, the myth, the legend! Thank you for going through the effort of organizing the interview collab, (as well as implementing some levels) it's great to see you occasionally here. :mrgreen:

Cadence: What a wacky boss fight concept! I appreciate MNIK's work to bring this to life but would also like to thank you for sparking this thought of brilliance!
Master Wonder Mage: I am not sure if you're the one who wrote the dialogs but I genuinely believe you're one of the most skilled storytellers in this community (AND THAT'S JUST FROM THIS INTERVIEW, I REMEMBER YOUR THWART WARS SERIES BEFORE AS WELL). :stinkycool:

Again, thank you for this level, I actually need to go to sleep, someone hit me up with this weed you boys are having when you were making this. :lol:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:10 am

Just finished. Oh my god, this is a candidate for one of the most over-the-top levels in a long time. Likewise, one of the best levels of all time. Everyone's contributions were fun, insane, and brilliant, and I'm glad to have had a slightly-substantial part in this. See you all in the next collab, eh?

As for anyone who successfully got through the bonus gate at the end: See you in Regner's Room, soon. :wink:

ab-47 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:46 am
I'm glad to see the game is getting moments of joy every now and then; I don't know when but hopefully in the near future (or far) WA's community will get out of its mundane state.
I'd argue this is the beginning of the renaissance. And it's beautiful.
ab-47 wrote:
Again, thank you for this level, I actually need to go to sleep, someone hit me up with this weed you boys are having when you were making this. :lol:
No drugs were involved in the making of this beast, I believe.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:29 am

banger adventure 😎🤘
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:41 am

im hired :D
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:31 am

PSA for those who have reached the gold star: If you are missing exactly 7 coins for the tollgate, try looking around nearby. They aren't far! ;)
ab-47 wrote:
Master Wonder Mage: I am not sure if you're the one who wrote the dialogs but I genuinely believe you're one of the most skilled storytellers in this community
Master Wonder Mage came up with the idea behind that section. I wrote the dialogue and exercised some creative liberty. His idea was so brilliant and amusing to me that I just had to make sure it got included in this adventure.
ab-47 wrote:
Love this community-based adventure, I'm glad to see the game is getting moments of joy every now and then; I don't know when but hopefully in the near future (or far) WA's community will get out of its mundane state.
I think everyone has just gotten busy with other things, but it's always fun to come back to WA every now and then.
ab-47 wrote:
No substances involved (to my knowledge)! Just pure creativity and passion.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:57 am

Wow! I am absolutely amazed by this adventure. I thought that the collab died long ago, and I'm very glad to see it returned. And I've never imagined it would be an adventure this massive; this truly makes it into the category of the few god-tier adventures on this forum, and it's great.

I admit that I feel my level hasn't particularly aged well, definitely feel like I could have made something with a bit more substance, but hey, that was 2015. Nevertheless, the rest of the adventure is crazy creative and the story is wonderfully written. Thanks to everyone who participated and to MNIK for making this project happen!

Also:
What about the tollgate at the end? Is there something important there? I didn't find enough coins so I'm wondering whether it's worth doing the whole adventure again to try getting in.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:46 pm

garirry wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:57 am
What about the tollgate at the end? Is there something important there? I didn't find enough coins so I'm wondering whether it's worth doing the whole adventure again to try getting in.
Well...
It's primarily a little extra room (with a few more coins and gems). If you want to get gold, then it's probably worth your time (also remember, you can step back into the room before this final room...).
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:55 pm

garirry wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:57 am
I admit that I feel my level hasn't particularly aged well, definitely feel like I could have made something with a bit more substance, but hey, that was 2015.
For what it's worth, my level I didn't even like all that much when I made it. I replayed it for the first time in five years just before the collab's release (MNIK needed some help with it) and I realized that I probably did the right thing. :) (ngl it actually fits the adventure's difficulty quite well.)

Edit: By the way, I have finished this - it was an excellent adventure. Just gotta get around to working on/editing those videos of mine. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:24 am

i have absolutely no memory of taking part in this
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:30 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:24 am
Are you loofisawesome?

If so, your lost memories of the past beckon you.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:50 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:30 pm
PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Are you loofisawesome?

fear
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:50 pm
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Are you loofisawesome?

fear
This feels like the start of a dramatic movie title.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:20 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm
PhoenixBlaze wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:

Are you loofisawesome?

fear
safety in pills, loofisawesome
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:28 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:20 pm
Wonderman109 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm
PhoenixBlaze wrote:

fear
safety in pills, loofisawesome
Am I still beautiful to you, loofisawesome?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Last edited by Jutomi on Thu May 25, 2023 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Re: Wonderland Endeavors 2015-2021: THE JOB INTERVIEW COLLAB [2ND EDITION RELEASED]

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:09 am

Happy belated 1st anniversary to the Job Interview Collab's release, and happy 20th anniversary to Wonderland!

I have released a 2nd edition of the Job Interview Collab. You can download it in the first post of this topic. There is some new gameplay content including a whole new entry from Cookie, and the user's quality-of-life has been greatly improved. If you've played the original, then this version is worth playing too, as there are a few new surprises along the way.

Make sure to install Cookie's Music Pack Version 4 or higher if you haven't yet. This is a new dependency that wasn't required for the original version of the Job Interview Collab.

Here is the changelog:

- Fixed the OpenWA editor bug that caused issues when using the vanilla player.
- For the sake of having a convenient Floing Back In Time menu, the Job Interview Collab now takes place in a linear hub rather than a single huge adventure. This also makes it possible to go back and retrieve any coins that you missed.
- New Job DLC created by Cookie!
- New custom accessory modeled by Cadence and textured by Samuel.
- A certain improvement has been made to the introduction wlv.
- jdl's entry: A certain object now properly activates and spawns particles. The room's table is now properly solid to the player at all times.
- Samuel's entry: The button maze now provides a much clearer view of the puzzle.
- Nobody's entry: The Wee Stinkers now intelligently avoid all fire instead of pathfinding into it. There are now 2 Chompers instead of 3. The Wee Stinkers can no longer walk into the Chomper springs due to water now being below the springs. Prevented movement during a cutscene to make sure a Kaboom doesn't end up offscreen. The Kaboom now moves a bit faster. The graphy theory puzzle no longer requires the "changing direction on Brr pad" glitch. The white keys have been replaced with custom items.
- MyNameIsKooky's entry: Playing gacha games during an interview is now rude.
- Cadence's entry: Marcus Talent has become rather pale. He is also an activist of sorts. He has gained a new ability. The pace of the battle has been slightly reduced. The dialogue has been upgraded. The quiz music is now much "better".
- Jutomi's entry: Moved one of the tables so it's less in the way. Replaced the Lurkers and pits with CMD 5. Minor dialog tweaks.
- Garirry's entry: The coilies now move slower. The puzzle in the southwest corner has been slightly changed to have less confusing elements. In particular, the Brr slide glitch is no longer required. The FireFlower boss is now less fat to make it easier to discern the weak point.
- Yzfm's entry: The Coily obstacle has been reworked to actually require proper engagement. It is no longer possible to skip the Burstflower challenge by walking onto the teleporter tile. The mushroom challenge has been made a bit easier. The yellow Chomper gates now open a bit slower. There is now only one of the interviewer in the level at a time.
- The didactic void has grown stronger.
- Certain pyramids are now solid.
- It is now slightly harder to miss a certain coin dispenser.
- The wait time in a certain secret area has been reduced.
- A certain scenery tile is no longer walkable.
- A certain hero's table is now more solid.
- Regner.
If you want to participate in a collab project just like this one, check out the main Wonderland Endeavors topic for the latest in-progress collab.

P.S. Thank you again for the video recordings, Jutomi. They've been very nice for going back and rewatching my favorite parts of this collab. :)
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: Wonderland Endeavors 2015-2021: THE JOB INTERVIEW COLLAB [2ND EDITION RELEASED]

Post by ab-47 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:15 am

I decided to try out the new entry and my my, it was very good! Cookie has done a phenomenal job (that pond puzzle, I swear....) with his level, alongside the Minecraft styled gameplay that we had in the cave area. :mrgreen:

Thank you for the expanded version of the job collab, MNIK. And thank you Cookie for your enjoyable entry too. :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Thu May 25, 2023 5:40 pm

I've updated my list of videos for this collab, just a few posts up. I had forgotten to add the original two secrets as well... whoops :lol:

I absolutely loved all of the changes I could find. Cookie's addition is nothing short of incredible. I never would have thought to do something like that in Wonderland, and the storyline and dialogue are top quality. Absolutely loved everything about this. :mrgreen: