Wonderland beta issue tracker

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl, David

David
Gold Wonderlander

Wonderland beta issue tracker

Post by David » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:40 pm

The Stinky and Loof in Wonderland beta is off to a very good start, with 20 participants (so far). There is a lively discussion group on Discord, with (mostly) constructive criticism and feedback. Some of the discussion concerns issues with the game or its UI, and I've logged those as issues in a new issue tracker GitHub repository (thanks to HumanGamer for setting it up!). As of today (September 27), there are 35 issues reported by beta testers. If you have been testing the game and found an issue, please check the issue list to verify I found it in the DIscord discussions.

I'll be working on those issues and will send out a new beta once they're addressed, hopefully within two or three weeks.

In the meantime, the existing beta will continue. If you haven't seen the game and would like to try it, please sign up as a beta tester. You'll get the current beta release and be on the list for the next version once it's available.

And thank you very much to the current beta testers and to the Discord members who've contributed to the discussion. It's been extremely useful and will help make Stinky and Loof in Wonderland a much better game when it's released to a new generation of players!
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: Wonderland beta issue tracker

Post by TheoX » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:46 pm

Hi David, would you prefer testers to log bugs only in the Discord, or was it intentional for us to also be able to post as we please directly into the GitHub tracker?
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:15 am

Please go ahead and log issues directly into GitHub
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:47 pm

I was unsure of whether or not to put this on the issue tracker.
This is regarding 3D Model animations. Bisquick was creating a Unity emulator/port of Krabby Quest (Spongebob-themed WSW reskin), and they were able to successfully convert and import the animations from the original game models into Unity. This may be very useful for restoring the animations for Wonderland Mobile since it appears to be using Unity as well.

You can find the KrabbyQuestEmu Discussion Forum Thread by clicking here.
The project's Github page and Discord server is in the thread's first post.
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:09 pm

The Fireballs going through steel blocks issue really has made the beta that much more challenging for me to complete. I have been successful so far, have completed the first 20 levels, but i feel in the future it might be a sort of indirect soft-lock. :cry:
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:40 am

gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:09 pm
The Fireballs going through steel blocks issue really has made the beta that much more challenging for me to complete. I have been successful so far, have completed the first 20 levels, but i feel in the future it might be a sort of indirect soft-lock. :cry:
If I recall correctly, this is because of lag caused by rain on lower end devices. If you do a quick save, the rain should go away and fireballs should no longer be able to pass through steel boxes!
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:21 am

Kamerson wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:40 am
gottfriedjacob5 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:09 pm
If I recall correctly, this is because of lag caused by rain on lower end devices. If you do a quick save, the rain should go away and fireballs should no longer be able to pass through steel boxes!
My device is very, very slow. No wonder.
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:14 pm

One workaround is to stop pushing the box for a moment when the fireball is about to hit it (I'm assuming this only happens when the fireball and the box are moving towards each other - if not, please update the issue with a reproduction scenario).

I have obtained a slow Android device that reproduces the problem (thanks Walmart!) and will release an update that fixes it as soon as possible, hopefully early next week.