Introducing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl, David

Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Introducing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland

Post by Midnight Synergy » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:50 pm

Dear Wonderland Community:

I'm very excited to announce a new project in the world of Wonderland. "Stinky and Loof in Wonderland" is a brand new mobile version of the first two games of the classic Wonderland trilogy level set, with the Secret Worlds levels to be added after release. The game is being developed by TootSuite Games, and is the officially licensed mobile version of the classic Wonderland games.

David - the lead developer - has been a member of the Wonderland community since 2004, and he has been working on bringing the game to mobile platforms over the past year. The game will run both on Android and iOS, and will include new features, such as the ability to save the game mid-level. I'm very excited to see this project come to life, and hope that it will introduce the classic Wonderland games to an entirely new audience.

For those of you interested in contributing to the game's release, David will be posting a "Beta Testers Wanted" announcement very soon.

Best wishes,

Patrick
StinkyFTW
Rainbow Seeker

Re: Introducing Stinky and Loof in Wonderland

Post by StinkyFTW » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:17 pm

Wowawewo that sounds very nice!
OH GOD. :mrgreen:
myuacc1studios
Rainbow Wizard

Post by myuacc1studios » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 pm

ALL MY YES
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:56 pm

AMAZING! :stinkyhappy:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:08 am

Looks like the series remains as healthy as ever then, sounds good :)
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:49 pm

Very exciting! I've joined the testing team.
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
ALEXALEX976
Silver Wonderlander

Post by ALEXALEX976 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:59 pm

Awesome news! I applied for testing as well! :)
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:05 am

How can i join the beta testing? :D
David
Gold Wonderlander

Post by David » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:07 pm

To join the beta test, fill out the Wonderland Mobile Beta Tester Signup
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:00 am

Oooo, neat! Definitely will get it when it launches on Android!

Edit: Oh, wait, it already is! Well, I guess I know what U'm about to download...

Edit 2: So, played through the first Chapter - seems great so far! It's really cool to be able to play these on my phone. However, the controls are... Well, they're going to take some getting used to. And thinking about it... If at all possible to implement, I think this could benefit greatly from Wonderland Adventures-style controls, where the touch screen replaces the mouse. It would require a button to switch between camera and movement, but I think it might be easier for people to be precise and quick without the issue of just barely missing the d-pad arrows - and there are definitely levels where being both quick and precise will be necessary...
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
gottfriedjacob5
Rainbow Seeker

Post by gottfriedjacob5 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:57 am

rainbowmon wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:00 am
Oooo, neat! Definitely will get it when it launches on Android!

Edit: Oh, wait, it already is! Well, I guess I know what U'm about to download...

Edit 2: So, played through the first Chapter - seems great so far! It's really cool to be able to play these on my phone. However, the controls are... Well, they're going to take some getting used to. And thinking about it... If at all possible to implement, I think this could benefit greatly from Wonderland Adventures-style controls, where the touch screen replaces the mouse. It would require a button to switch between camera and movement, but I think it might be easier for people to be precise and quick without the issue of just barely missing the d-pad arrows - and there are definitely levels where being both quick and precise will be necessary...
Some levels, "Vortex" immediately comes to mind, are nigh impossible to beat on mobile with the controls for the reasons you mentioned.
davidmwilliams
Silver Wonderlander

Post by davidmwilliams » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:33 am

I was so delighted to get the news today there's an iOS version (and Android one too)! I downloaded it straight away.

However .... as awesome as it is to see Stinky and Loof again, the controls are a little ... uncomfortable. I've tried moving and resizing the joystick but it's still not quite there.

I think touch controls would be more appropriate, or a more dynamic thumbstick controller.

I mean this constructively; love, love, love the games and busting to play them. So excited to see new life in them! However, wondering if there might be plans to revisit the controls?
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:14 am

Are there going to be any walkthroughs for this game? I have one lvl. I can't figure out.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:27 pm

uneekrose wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:14 am
Are there going to be any walkthroughs for this game? I have one lvl. I can't figure out.
Whenever you're in a level, you can tap on the Powerups button (top-right of the screen). From there select "Hint" and then "Show Solution".
If the Powerups button does not have an "S" on it, then unfortunately that specific level does not have an included solution.
The solutions are the same as the ones on the Midnight Synergy website, so you can view them there as well if you want:
https://midnightsynergy.com/wonderland/hints/
https://midnightsynergy.com/returntowonderland/hints/