The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:30 am

cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:Anything new lately by anyone? :|
I don't know, maybe Clifford really is trying to create his own Editor or something, he seems to have disappeared for some days (weeks?) now.

Anyway, in case you're wondering, I'm still working on two things these days:
1) enhancements to the Editor
2) undocumented general commands

#1 is still at least a month away. #2 is something I've been working on the past week or so. I'm about finished with the document, and is now in the process of creating some test levels to demonstrate some of the CMDs. Probably another week away.
Hmm I couldn't do it. :( Besides, this could be easier in Blitz3d not visual basic. Unfortuatly I only am a 10 year old kid (not the sheep/goat kind of kid, :lol: ) so this is a bit complex for me. Anyway, maybe when I'm older, I'll dream on...
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:11 am

Can anyone edit a model file so it works for MoFI?
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Re: A BREAKTHROUGH! (cont'd)

Post by Clifford » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:34 am

cbloopy wrote:[EDIT: as of May 2nd 2009, you should use MOFILevelConverter version 0.1.2.0 or higher if you want to convert levels made with the hacked Editor. You can get the latest version of MOFILevelConverter here]

So......

Well, I got fed up with the model substitution approach. It's just too much work and complications. I decided to finally attempt hacking new code (ie. programming) into the Editor. It took some work but as you can see from that glorious screenshot above, I finally got it to load new objects that uses "!ObstacleXX" for model names. They are basically all the decorative objects in the game. Yep, the Editor just took one big step closer to being a MOFI level editor!

But don't throw away MOFILevelConverter.exe just yet. It's not going away anytime soon. For the changes I made here, it's not even really new code, just copies of existing code modified to load the additional objects. In general, the kind of hacking needed to add truly new code is kinda like trying to dig to the center of the Earth with a spoon. It may be theoretically possible, but very impractical. In other words, there are still many things that will be easier to implement in MOFILevelConverter than the hacking route.

You can download the modified Editor.exe and the MOFI WOPs here:

http://www.geocities.com/cbloopy/HackedEditor.zip

(I can't attach here because it's too big. I tried MediaFire but it's broken.)

But before doing so, make sure to copy the data\models folder from MOFI/demo MOFI into WA Editor v096. The hacked Editor now expects the new MOFI model files to be present, and will not run if they aren't.

I purposely named the hacked editor with the same name of Editor.exe. While you can keep the original file, you should rename the original file to something else. Because the new MOFI WOPs uses !ObstacleXX models that the old Editor doesn't understand, the old Editor will MAV if you accidentally go to one of the new MOFI objects while browsing objects in the editor. By making my hacked version be Editor.exe, you are less likely to accidentally run the old unhacked version.

And remember that you still need MOFI demo to actually play any levels using the new MOFI models.
Sorry 'bout the trouble, Geocity says it broke down and my hard drive stuffed up so I can't download it. Can someone post a link to somewhere else?
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:06 am

Sorry I know this was from a LONG TIME AGO but...
richmond2010 wrote:You can’t copy it from MoFI because they don’t have wop files.
You can get them off the wlv files.

Apart from they still have the same co-ordiates.
Joy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Joy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:42 pm

:lol:
I didn't live ANYWHERE in the world!
~Anonymous.

Wait, It isn't possible!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Joy, stop spamming. Making posts with just " :lol: " in them is considered spam.

On-topic; The WA Editor is written in 3DBlitz though... Wait. Disregard this, I'm contradicting myself now. :lol:
Joy
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Joy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am

Sorry, But Clifford, Don't sad, I hope Cbloopy will be back. :lol:
I didn't live ANYWHERE in the world!
~Anonymous.

Wait, It isn't possible!
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Why are you laughing?

It's not funny.
:D
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Can somebody make a level exit that will lead to one place when its activated and another place when its "deactivated".
save off topic by clicking here and here
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Kabooms Rock wrote:Can somebody make a level exit that will lead to one place when its activated and another place when its "deactivated".
It isn't a good question. You need a Level Exit with changeable ID and Active status.

If you already have that:
1. Make one "Active: Yes" and second one "Active: No". Give the same ID to both of them.
2. Use Command 3 (toggle objects with # ID number) and put exits' ID value in Data1.
3. Use FLIP GLITCH to place two exits at the same tile.
4. DONE!!!
Last edited by Pawelec on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 am

"It isn't a good question?" What?

It's a reasonable question even if we can't do something like that. Back when we didn't even have the so-called "POW" magic it would have been unreasonable.

Also, for the method you gave; Instead of setting both arrows to the same ID, if you give one of them ID: 1, and the other ID: 2, for instance, you can have a bit more mobility with them. Using CMD: 1 with the ID of an arrow if they're the same ID will crash the game when you walk onto it (them?).
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:39 pm

In the editor I can't use cbloopy's upgraded wops :( :cry: , however I can use the wops cbloopy made that do not have the custom texture option.
so can somebody post a couple of chomper wops and scritter wops that do not have the selectable texture and instead have the link to the texture in theie coding. :) :D :) And please add the names of the file that each wop searches for. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sincerely kabooms rock
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:01 pm

Qloof234 wrote:"It isn't a good question?" What?

It's a reasonable question even if we can't do something like that. Back when we didn't even have the so-called "POW" magic it would have been unreasonable.

Also, for the method you gave; Instead of setting both arrows to the same ID, if you give one of them ID: 1, and the other ID: 2, for instance, you can have a bit more mobility with them. Using CMD: 1 with the ID of an arrow if they're the same ID will crash the game when you walk onto it (them?).
He said command 3 though, to toggle it.
dlcs18
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:18 pm

Kabooms Rock wrote:In the editor I can't use cbloopy's upgraded wops :( :cry:
Wait.
When you downloaded the wops, what exactly did you do?
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:26 pm

dlcs18 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:"It isn't a good question?" What?

He said command 3 though, to toggle it.
Yeah, but then if you don't want either one to be active, you're stuck. Using CMD 2 (De-activate) will turn them both off, and then using CMD 3 will have them both on. Same with CMD 1, both arrows will be on, which means that the game will crash when you walk on them.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:27 pm

I made a new folder c:/waeditorv096/custom and extracted the files into object presets and put the textures under custom. the wops work for the wops that you can't select textures for and instead have the custom texture they search for in the coding. but when I use the wops that allow you to select the custom textures in the editor my computer Mavs when I try to test the levels those textures are in. :? :(
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:31 pm

You mean using the TextureName variable crashes WA?

Are you sure you're putting in the whole filename? For example, assuming the texture is at WA Editor v096 -> Custom -> Example.png, typing in just Example.png won't work, because the game doesn't know where it is. You have to type in "Custom/Example.png" for it to load.

If you're talking about something else, then I'm afraid I don't understand. :?
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:34 pm

IT WORKED THANKS QLOOF234
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:36 pm

d-p
i know this is a old topic but what is the progress for the WA editor v0.96 model tweaker.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:47 pm

What model tweaker?
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:09 pm

cbloopy wrote:
cbloopy wrote:In the next day or two I'll create an adventure showing some more of the possibilities this opens up.
"Next day or two" has practically turned into a week, but here's a test adventure illustrating some fun ideas achievable by substituting one object's model for another. (Plus a few other "nonstandard" tweaks here and there.)

Highlight: gates and bridges aren't the only things that can come out of the ground/water...... :wink:

[edit: added missing rainbowcoin custom texture]
this model tweaker
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Cbloopy never made any reference to a program of any sort. He just made an adventure detailing what model switching does.

If you go back a few pages you'll find out how to swap models in .wop files through a hex editor, though.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:38 pm

what page is it on?
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:22 am

I don't mean how to swap models i mean how do you swap a models logic.
thanks.

p.s. sorry if i do not get what you are trying to say.
Last edited by Kabooms Rock on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:50 am

Model logic? They don't have any, the object controls its logic - that is to say that if you replace the barrel model with a sign or something it still acts like a barrel, and vice-versa.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:03 am

mqdar wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:Hey, cbloopy, about this model adjuster...

When do you think you'll release the adjuster? I want to take a look at some... Experiments using it.

If you're not going to, could you PM me on how I should go about model switching? Thanks. :wink:
Cbloopy has explained himself that there is no model adjuster available in the editor. He said that there is an adjuster to change a model's logic. To adjust the model, you need to create a new wop file and manually adjust the bytes at the start. It isn't very hard, actually. :wink:
This is what i mean by model logic.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:41 am

Oh, I see. They're the same thing - the model is just a model, but the .wop file controls that stuff.
Kabooms Rock
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Kabooms Rock » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:58 am

Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 am

can someone tell me which page did cbloopy say how to turn wa mofi into the full (apart from you need the levels)