The Ultimate WA Editor Hex-Editing Topic! Take A Look!

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:32 am

Qloof234 wrote:Interesting fact - orange magic can be clicked on the tile where a chomper is, but it doesn't work for barrels or anything else as far as I've noticed.
I haven't tried other objects but I suspect there's nothing special about chompers (I can also click on the wee stinkers for example in your test level). I think it's just anywhere you would be allowed to click with the walking cursor. I think that's the default cursor behavior unless overridden by specific magic (eg. Brr lets you aim at water).
jdl wrote:The orange one acts like the one in WA:MOFI but has one difference. In MOFI, your mouse pointer is able to point on the barrels, while this isn't.
I found another difference (which also applies to the firepower from a Fire Flower or a TNT barrel): Brr doesn't protect objects against fire power, unlike in MOFI. A huge difference actually considering the MOFI storyline. :wink:
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:22 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :idea: :!: :!:
Avid TTR player and TTS developer, a new revolutionary server in works.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:06 pm

cbloopy wrote:
jdl wrote:Ok, I edited the adventure and added a star and some barrels to play around with. The new magic Clifford has implimented into this level do absolutly nothing except the orange one.
Actually, the red one (homing missile) is working fine for me.
Yeah, it works for me too, I just said that because almost everybody knows what it does. Plus, its no new magic. Its been there since the editor came out. :wink:

So all you have to do to get the new magic into the editor is:

1. Download Cliffords, Mine, or Qloofs level.

2. Make sure your adventure is completely done so you can add the level as the last level in the adventure. (Example, you have made a two leveled adventure using levels one and two. The "last level" would be the third. :wink: )

3. Take the wlv file the extra magic is in, (In this case, 1.wlv.) and copy it to your desktop.

4. Rename it to the level you want in your adventure.

5. Go into the level with the extra magic in the editor, and right-click on the glove charger you want. Then exit out of that level.

6. Go into the level you want the glove charger in and go into objects mode. Then put in the glove charger!

If you want more then just one of the extra magic in the same level, repeat steps 5, then 6. You can also delete the level with the extra magic in it so your level size won't be increased.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:31 pm

jdl wrote:So all you have to do to get the new magic into the editor is:

2. Make sure your adventure is completely done so you can add the level as the last level in the adventure. (Example, you have made a two leveled adventure using levels one and two. The "last level" would be the third. :wink: )

3. Take the wlv file the extra magic is in, (In this case, 1.wlv.) and copy it to your desktop.

5. Go into the level with the extra magic in the editor, and right-click on the glove charger you want. Then exit out of that level.

6. Go into the level you want the glove charger in and go into objects mode. Then put in the glove charger!

If you want more then just one of the extra magic in the same level, repeat steps 5, then 6. You can also delete the level with the extra magic in it so your level size won't be increased.
Now I'm confused. You seem to be contradicting yourself to me. :?
Could you explain more clearly? I get the general idea, because I've figured it out myself, but I like to understand what people are saying. :wink:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:53 pm

mqdar wrote:
jdl wrote:So all you have to do to get the new magic into the editor is:

Now I'm confused. You seem to be contradicting yourself to me. :?
Could you explain more clearly? I get the general idea, because I've figured it out myself, but I like to understand what people are saying. :wink:
Well, I can't really explain it more clearly then that...
ImageImage
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:10 pm

mqdar wrote:Now I'm confused. You seem to be contradicting yourself to me. :?
He's suggesting to add the test level as an extra last level in your adventure. You can copy objects between levels not just within the same level, so whenever you need a particular magic charger, you can copy it from the extra level to the "real" levels in your adventure. And then you can delete the test level from your adventure when you're done.

I think there's a typo though since adventures and levels aren't stored in the Windows desktop or anything called "desktop". The files for your adventure should be in something like C:\WA Editor v096\User Data\Adventures\Editing\Current\<adventure filename>.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 pm

cbloopy wrote:He's suggesting to add the test level as an extra last level in your adventure. You can copy objects between levels not just within the same level, so whenever you need a particular magic charger, you can copy it from the extra level to the "real" levels in your adventure. And then you can delete the test level from your adventure when you're done.
Exactly. :wink:
cbloopy wrote:I think there's a typo though since adventures and levels aren't stored in the Windows desktop or anything called "desktop". The files for your adventure should be in something like C:\WA Editor v096\User Data\Adventures\Editing\Current\<adventure filename>.
I was suggesting that you put the test level's wlv file to the desktop just to rename and then move it. :D
ImageImage
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 pm

jdl wrote:
cbloopy wrote:He's suggesting to add the test level as an extra last level in your adventure. You can copy objects between levels not just within the same level, so whenever you need a particular magic charger, you can copy it from the extra level to the "real" levels in your adventure. And then you can delete the test level from your adventure when you're done.
Exactly. :wink:
:?

That's not what it sounded like to me! *sigh* Oh I don't know. :roll:
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
duncan wrote:ok forget that post.
k
duncan wrote:A Note To People Who Are Tired of Bround: Tell me, how much exactly do you want to get banned? Bround is only 7 years old and not even from an English speaking country. how do you expect anything more!? You guys are picking on a young little kid. TYTEEN HAS ALREADY BEEN BANNED! And i cannot blame bround for that attack on another thread.
"Underlined + Italics part copied from my post lolz", as tyteen might say if he had posted said part... not like it matters to me

Yes, you're right about bround not being from an english country. Most people who are tired of him are tired because of his broken english, I've gotten over it now.

Just about. That attack hurt :(

duncan wrote:PS: Qloof, i am only doing what i feel is best, i only get like i do if somebody does a bad or stupid
Okay, that's understandable.

@jdl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: weird computer is weird
ok his "broken English" is because of him being from a different country, HE WILL GET BETTER. SO GET OVER IT. PS: I think if i tell MS all about this, MS will FLAME you bround-haters. :lol: :lol: :P to you if MS FLAMES AND BANNS you bround-haters

Sincerely,

Duncan/DEEMAN223344
Don't judge a person by his look,but his heart
Anytime, Anyplace, Adventure Always Awaits!
Last edited by Loof on 1/1/19999999999999999 BC; edited 98998 in total.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Another question. How would you insert a custom model into the editor? Say, a IceFlower? Is this right:

1. You would need a folder called "IceFlower" in the WA Editor's Models folder. Then inside of it, you would have to have the exact file as in WA:MOFI called: gjsfgmpxfsjdf.wdf. I think thats the exact file. Its the only new one then whats in the Editor Models.

2. You would need the file IceFlower.wop to be in the Monsters folder located at WA Editor v096>Data>Editor>ObjectPresets>Monsters.

You could do number 1, but not 2... Thats because there is no IceFlower.wop file anywhere in the WA:MOFI Directory because this is the actual game, not an editor. That also explains why we can't overwrite our GloveCharge.wop with a MOFI one so we can have the new magic. No wop files exist in the WA:MOFI Directory so there is nothing to overwrite it with.
ImageImage
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:49 pm

Sorry to DP but, I was wondering, what exactly is in a wop file? If its only settings for in the editor, and has nothing to do with the model itself, WE ARE GONNA BE HAPPY!!! And I'll explain why we are going to be happy if someone can give me a definite answer on this. :wink:
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:59 pm

duncan wrote:ok his "broken English" is because of him being from a different country, HE WILL GET BETTER. SO GET OVER IT. PS: I think if i tell MS all about this, MS will FLAME you bround-haters. :lol: :lol: :P to you if MS FLAMES AND BANNS you bround-haters
Yes, his English is because he's from another country, you're right. If he gets better at it depends more on if he learns English when he's older, but yes, he probably will. I'm over it, don't worry.

As for MS flaming; I really doubt he would flame people - because that's what we are, as humans, we have emotions ranging from sad to happy. I would think he understands what's going on here - some people really are intolerant for bad English. I don't consider myself intolerant, last year we got some letters from our French-learning-English pen-pals, a lot of them were absolutely hilarious.

The fact is some people were getting tired of it all - we would ask bround to stop double-posting or to please better his English, and nothing was happening - that seems to be the main disdain amongst myself (formerly) and others.

As for banning, if bround-hatred is a continuous problem (e.g. tyteen) then I would guess a ban is worst-case scenario - we're human, we're likely to say some regretful things in our life.

@jdl; a better way for glitch magic in stages:

1. Open the test level in the editor.
2. Right-click to copy the orange magic.
3. Quit the level and load the adventure you're working on.
4. Open the level you want orange magic in.
5. If done correctly, the orange charge field will still be selected. Place it where needed.

There!

Also, about Ice Flowers in WA Editor - It'll probably crash, I tried some stuff like this before, and it MAV'ed.

EDIT: WOP files? I think it's just code. Moar compression would be on if it was model stuff, methinks. Patrick knows how tricksy we are with this stuff.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:37 am

jdl wrote:Sorry to DP but, I was wondering, what exactly is in a wop file? If its only settings for in the editor, and has nothing to do with the model itself, WE ARE GONNA BE HAPPY!!! And I'll explain why we are going to be happy if someone can give me a definite answer on this. :wink:
What do you have in mind?

I can almost guarantee that you won't be able to get a fully functioning Ice Flower into the custom adventures Player no matter what. The model files are probably just that, models. They contain data related to how the Ice Flower would look and animate, but the actual detailed behavior (eg. "it shoots ice magic at you") is most likely still in the player program itself. So you might at best succeed in getting an Ice Flower that does nothing into a custom adventure.

The WOP file is most likely just for the editor, but I'm not sure whether it even contains the full information for a particular object or tile. Rather, each WOP file most likely just specifies a predefined tile or object that you can get from the editor without tweaking the values (eg. like "Basic Style 1 Height 0.5 wall").
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:44 am

I tried out what I said at 4 posts up and it ALMOST (!!!!!!!) worked as a IceFlower!!!!!!! I used the EXACT IceFlower files from WA:MOFI in my IceFlower folder. The only thing wrong is that I used the FireFlower.wop in place of a IceFlower.wop because I thought that the wop files just contain the editor options like ID, YAWAdjust, etc. I actually got it to show up in the editors list, but it still looked like a FireFlower in the editor and acted like one in the actual adventure. All were missing people is the wop files! :x
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:53 am

jdl wrote:I tried out what I said at 4 posts up and it ALMOST (!!!!!!!) worked as a IceFlower!!!!!!! I used the EXACT IceFlower files from WA:MOFI in my IceFlower folder. The only thing wrong is that I used the FireFlower.wop in place of a IceFlower.wop because I thought that the wop files just contain the editor options like ID, YAWAdjust, etc. I actually got it to show up in the editors list, but it still looked like a FireFlower in the editor and acted like one in the actual adventure. All were missing people is the wop files! :x
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO CLOSE :lol:
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:22 am

jdl wrote:I tried out what I said at 4 posts up and it ALMOST (!!!!!!!) worked as a IceFlower!!!!!!! I used the EXACT IceFlower files from WA:MOFI in my IceFlower folder. The only thing wrong is that I used the FireFlower.wop in place of a IceFlower.wop because I thought that the wop files just contain the editor options like ID, YAWAdjust, etc. I actually got it to show up in the editors list, but it still looked like a FireFlower in the editor and acted like one in the actual adventure. All were missing people is the wop files! :x
Or, having the WOP file is still not enough, if some of the necessary information is in the game itself. I think you're being a little generous in saying "it almost worked as an IceFlower". What you've done so far seems more like creating a "Basic Style 1 Height 3 Wall" and less like "I've created Lava tiles".
Clifford
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Clifford » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:59 am

Qloof234 wrote:
cbloopy wrote:Maybe we can hope that Patrick could take notice of this and update the editor to allow for the extra magic? After all, with the test level you uploaded, other people can start off with that level and use the editor's ability to copy objects (go to object mode, then right-click on an object in the editor, and click somewhere else to make a copy of it there) to create actual levels with the new magic chargers. So the cat's out of the bag so to speak and Patrick might as well update the editor to make it more readily available. It looks like a rather simple update to remove the restriction on the color value for a glove charger object.
[techie]

It would probably be more than a simple update on the Glove charger's values coding-wise, because there is also the other colors (green, indigo, etc.) that are in the color variables - even if they don't do anything. It would probably take a little bit, like 10-15 minutes to get it basically working, because there's already the skipping variable function only letting us use 2 6 and 4, so it would have to be edited to allow 1 as selectable. [/techie]

Interesting fact - orange magic can be clicked on the tile where a chomper is, but it doesn't work for barrels or anything else as far as I've noticed.

EDIT3: Didn't do anything :(
You see Barrels act like walls as chompers act like moving floor.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:30 pm

Wop files:

These contain information for the editor to use, and no more. No coding, no model, just the settings. We'll never get a working iceflower unless somene here knows how to decompile. :lol:
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:42 pm

mqdar wrote:Wop files:

These contain information for the editor to use, and no more. No coding, no model, just the settings. We'll never get a working iceflower unless somene here knows how to decompile. :lol:
Wrong WRong WROng WRONg and WRONG, you see,i tried, to make a monster using the cannon model from MOFI AND FIREFLOWER MOP FILES, ya know what happened? IT WAS ANOTHER COPY OF A FIREFLOWER!

oh and can we get back on topic,
you just HAD to talk about HACKING. JUST GREAT.
realy tell ms you want a MOFI editor, they don't seem to know about this post
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:54 pm

Mqdar, how did you say the hubs could be set up? (The folders in the adventures directory.) Was it:

WA Editor v096>User Data>Adventures>Editing>Current/Archive>Adventures Main Folder>All The Folders Containing The Adventures (Example, "Adventure45".) And The Hub Folder.
ImageImage
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:27 pm

duncan wrote:Wrong WRong WROng WRONg and WRONG, you see,i tried, to make a monster using the cannon model from MOFI AND FIREFLOWER MOP FILES, ya know what happened? IT WAS ANOTHER COPY OF A FIREFLOWER!

Copying stuff in from MoFI won't work, as jdl has said.

Where was anyone talking about hacking? Cheat Engine =/= hacking. File moving =/= hacking.

And we've told MS at least 2 dozen times that we want a MoFI editor - He's still to decide on if/when he's releasing it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mqdar is right - I tried some file switching stuff, .wop files are the model options.

EDIT2: My english is fail
Last edited by Qloof234 on Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:38 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
duncan wrote:Wrong WRong WROng WRONg and WRONG, you see,i tried, to make a monster using the cannon model from MOFI AND FIREFLOWER MOP FILES, ya know what happened? IT WAS ANOTHER COPY OF A FIREFLOWER!

Where was anyone talking about hacking? Cheat Engine =/= hacking. File moving =/= hacking.

And we've told MS at least 2 dozen times that we want a MoFI editor - He's still to decide on if/when he's releasing it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, mqdar is right - I tried some hacking stuff, .wop files are the model options.
:?:
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:32 am

Nobody wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

EDIT: Oh yeah, mqdar is right - I tried some hacking stuff, .wop files are the model options.
:?:

Fixed it, my english sucks
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:21 am

duncan wrote:

Wrong WRong WROng WRONg and WRONG, you see,i tried, to make a monster using the cannon model from MOFI AND FIREFLOWER MOP FILES, ya know what happened? IT WAS ANOTHER COPY OF A FIREFLOWER!
Duncan, do you know how to read? What mqdar said basically agrees with what you've find out. I've bolded the line in case you missed it.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:33 am

Deleted
Last edited by AJQZC on Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
duncan
Rainbow Seeker

Post by duncan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:12 pm

cbloopy wrote:
duncan wrote:

Duncan, do you know how to read? What mqdar said basically agrees with what you've find out. I've bolded the line in case you missed it.

HOW RUDE
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:17 pm

flaming isn't any better
richmond2010
Rainbow Seeker

Post by richmond2010 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:04 am

AJQZC wrote:Hello, can we get back to the topic???? :shock: :shock:
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:37 am

Can't delete posts so...

SURE!
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:28 am

richmond2010 wrote:
AJQZC wrote:Hello, can we get back to the topic???? :shock: :shock:
Yep.

I'm gonna put the orange magic into my next adventure... It gets tiring having to always worry that you're too far from the object if you use the red magic doesn't it? :lol:

(Note to self; music =/= magic)