New Hub: WA: TVTUL-CANCELED

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

New Hub: WA: TVTUL-CANCELED

Post by Fluffshery » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 am

I am making a hub called Wonderland Adventures: The Voyage to Unknown Locations. Comments Plz.

This has been canceled because I lost all of it when my hard drive was wrecked.

Plot: You start out with no clear purpose, but pretty soon you see Morklin, and houses start exploding. You go over to investigate the cause when a giant angry shadow stinker appears. Morklin tells you to head out on a ship, looking for an ancient race of stinkers he's heard about. Then he gets kidnapped by the angry shadow giant. You leave on a ship like Morklin told you, and stop at KABOOM! Lagoon, to pick up some KABOOM! friends and help them out a little. Then you head of to find the stinkers Morklin told you about.

The rest, well... you'll have to find out.

Also I have a problem. When I go to the level (in the hub) where the houses explode, the screen goes black and says: "Could not load Data/Models/Stinker/accessory102c". The only stinkers there are Morklin, and the giant shadow one. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fluffshery on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:41 am

um...COuld you plz make some adv.s before starting a hub, just to know if you have a great ability of level designing, as for the accesory, Copy from MOFI the Models file, which is found in MOFI/DAta/
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:47 am

For the accessory, the problem is that one of the characters has glasses and you didn't specify the color.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:12 am

Hubs are easier for me and I like them better. Anyways, I have 2 pictures. And thanks for the tips on the accessory problem. It's still not quite fixed, but I'll figure it out.

Now for Pictures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Fluffshery on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:59 am

I have some pictures and a question. How do you convert??? I've tried and it isn't working. I'm using Jafo's editor tools. Pics.
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:52 am

(TP)
Demo:
Progress:
Levels (In Hub): 9/10+
Adventures: 15 1/2 /30+
Textures: 0/?
Overall: 24 1/2?

Full Version:
Progress:
Levels (In Hub): 9/?
Adventures: 15 1/2 /?
Textures: 0/?
Overall: 24 1/2?

And please help on the converting question.
Also, the beach texture isn't loading. I tried it as a custom texture, I tried it as a regularly selected texture, and I don't know how else to try it. (It changes back to the hills tex.)
25th Post!
Last edited by Fluffshery on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Level List
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:15 pm

Nobody (not the forum member, the generic term.) really seems to actually care much about this hub, so I'm going to work on it less often. I still will work on it, but just not as my main project.
My Level List
jafo1015
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by jafo1015 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:29 pm

To convert a level with the editor tools:

Select a level to convert. You can either type in the whole path, or hit the browse button and select it from the OpenFile dialog window.

Select the directory where you want the converted file to be saved. Do not pick the same directory as the original file, or it will be overwritten, and you won't be able to edit the file anymore. You can select a directory by either typing it in, or using the Browse button and selecting one from the SelectFolder dialog window.

Once the source file and the destination directory are selected, hit the Convert button. A message should show up telling you it was converted.

If your problem is getting the program to run, remember that this requires the .NET framework 4.0 (the download installer was included with the Editor Tools). Also, if you're running Windows XP, you might also need to install the Windows Imaging Component (WIC) before you install the .NET framework. You can find the WIC by googling it.

Sorry for the late response, I don't browse the forum that much these days. If you have further questions about Editor Tools, post them in the Editor Tools topic, that way I'll be sure to see them.
needs a 12 step program for overcoming addiction to Minecraft.

WA - Editor Tools v1.2.2
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Fluffshery wrote:Nobody (not the forum member, the generic term.) really seems to actually care much about this hub, so I'm going to work on it less often. I still will work on it, but just not as my main project.
Due to the large number of cancelled and abandoned hubs lately, no one is going to pay much attention to it until the demo release.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
Fluffshery wrote:Nobody (not the forum member, the generic term.) really seems to actually care much about this hub, so I'm going to work on it less often. I still will work on it, but just not as my main project.
Due to the large number of cancelled and abandoned hubs lately, no one is going to pay much attention to it until the demo release.
I suppose that's true, I'll try and finish the demo quickly then.
@Jafo: My problem is that when I convert a level, once it begins converting, the program stops responding. It still makes a copy of the adventure in the choosen location, but it hasn't converted it. (I'll repost this in the Editor Tools topic)

EDIT: Well, the Editor Tools are on the 3rd or 4th page, do that would be a bad "BUMP", right? So I'm just going to leave this here.
My Level List
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:39 pm

Last edited by Emerald141 on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Until I get the converting problem fixed, this hub will be on pause. I still plan to resume it when it works or when POTZ comes out (It will eventually). Just figured I'd let you know.
My Level List
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:31 am

Fluffshery wrote:Until I get the converting problem fixed, this hub will be on pause. I still plan to resume it when it works or when POTZ comes out (It will eventually). Just figured I'd let you know.
use the editor tools, add the level you want to convert, or adventure, select the directory output, make sure it's diff. than the input directory, press convert, when complete, take your level that you converted and put it in your Adventure# file, (# is the no. that you want), If it didn't work, gimme the level, and Tom. I'll give it back to you. :wink:
LEVEL LIS1
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:10 am

What's Tom? I actually am going to restart because I had a new idea on part of this that didn't work. And better to restart earlier than later. And now I can actually put MOFI objects in. I even have a way to work Indigo Magic in if I restart.
My Level List
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 am

Fluffshery wrote:What's Tom? I actually am going to restart because I had a new idea on part of this that didn't work. And better to restart earlier than later. And now I can actually put MOFI objects in. I even have a way to work Indigo Magic in if I restart.
how stoopid of Me, I meant Tom. by tomorrow, I'm just lazy. :P
plus
Indigo magic will be useless, I don't what will you do to it, but fine.
LEVEL LIS1
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 am

What's up? No progress?
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:35 am

Post subject: New Hub: WA: TVTUL-PAUSED
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Dark Drago wrote:What's up? No progress?
I've been having problems with the MoFI objects, so I haven't been working on this.
My Level List