I still don't like the off-topic discussions now.

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

I still don't like the off-topic discussions now.

Post by Technos72 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:33 pm

There are a two things I don't like about the new off-topic stuff.

The small one - I cannot edit my posts. I might've changed my mind or not show the message by putting in -deleted-. It may cause spam. It may not be a problem for you.

And now the big one - A after the new off-topic forum opened up there has now been a total of 18 locked topics. In one week! And the value of locked topics is now building as days pass. There's probably more spam in this forum.

I'll spend more time for random discussions on my forum. Please come over for a less spammy environment.

http://technonoobsforum.freeforums.org/
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:35 pm

I agree. I dunno what happened. D:
she/her | Sayori#2285
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Re: I still don't like the off-topic discussions now.

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Technos72 wrote:There are a two things I don't like about the new off-topic stuff.

The small one - I cannot edit my posts. I might've changed my mind or not show the message by putting in -deleted-. It may cause spam. It may not be a problem for you.
I've got to agree here. While MS prevented editing to try and make people think before posting, it's causing much more trouble than it is preventing.
Technos72 wrote:And now the big one - A after the new off-topic forum opened up there has now been a total of 18 locked topics. In one week! And the value of locked topics is now building as days pass. There's probably more spam in this forum.
I'm aware that I'm probably most at fault for the large amount of topics locked - All I'm trying to do is make sure people catch on to the fact that the rules aren't to be tested. There's probably an easier way for me to go about that, but I'm not sure what it is yet.
laman
Bronze Wonderlander

Post by laman » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 pm

im new! *spam snip by xpr'd*
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:41 pm

One other thing, Yes I'm responsible with some locked topics but I didn't know you would move topics from the old off-topic to the new one. So I made copies of some of them.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 pm

dp. Laman posted while typing.

Laman please stop posting random stuff in random topics. I know you're young but please stay on topic!
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Technos72 wrote:One other thing, Yes I'm responsible with some locked topics but I didn't know you would move topics from the old off-topic to the new one. So I made copies of some of them.
That's not something to feel bad about. I locked them because I thought they were unnecessary and that the topic-moving would commence soon. Apparently that's not the case, though.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 pm

About the "editing" thing; You said that several times but I didn't see your response on what I said about that in another topic. (Read your posts carefully using the preview button, before posting)

About the "locking" topics. I think the duplicated topics should not be locked until the original topics are moved to here.

About the other locked topics; I think locking them is not the solution. People on the forum should give a good explanation why most people don't like such pointless posts / topics, and if they keep going on, perhaps a Mod or the Admin should give those people a warning. If it's only locking a topic, then next time it happens again in a slightly different way.

But I agree with Qloof, that it seems that some people are a bit of testing what can and what not. But well, the new moderators should be tested, shouldn't they? 8)

_______

Just wanted to post this, then I saw Qloof's new post, so what I said about the duplicated topics is perhaps a bit unnecessary now.
billy bob
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: I still don't like the off-topic discussions now.

Post by billy bob » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:01 pm

Technos72 wrote:And now the big one - A after the new off-topic forum opened up there has now been a total of 18 locked topics. In one week! And the value of locked topics is now building as days pass. There's probably more spam in this forum.
I reckon if Laman didn't sign up then there would be just as much Spam as before. There's more locked topics simply because of the moderators. There wasn't as many locked topics before because only MS could lock them.

I'm very confused by Laman. Who comes here just to post in the off-topic discussions? It's like he or she came here to Spam. And knew we wouldn't like it.
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:02 pm

Laman is eee.Eee's IP is now banned.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:08 pm

Yes. But that was yesterday and I think most people here already knew that. :wink:
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:11 pm

Oops, I should of checked when that was posted. :lol:
Thanks for telling me. :)
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom