What on Earth is going on here.

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 am

Well, yeah, I meant were people chatting about the petition or was the whole anger thing a joke against tyteen? I know it's a really dumb question, but I'm the kind of person who likes clarification as much as possible. :P
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:11 am

Qloof234 wrote:Well, yeah, I meant were people chatting about the petition or was the whole anger thing a joke against tyteen? I know it's a really dumb question, but I'm the kind of person who likes clarification as much as possible. :P
no joke sir
Zoomy
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Zoomy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:27 pm

Wait people dislike tyteen? Where... have... I... been... living?
I've noticed the wonderland logo on the top left corner has a different shade of white to the background. This could destroy the universe.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

You have missed out on April Fool's Day. Apparently it made some people dislike tyteen after a bunch of silly jokes. Judging by the "petition" post, some other actions have angered people in the past, but this April 1st everything just got kinda collected together in people's minds.
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:39 pm

yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:42 pm

I go to my Granparent's house for the weekend...
AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I'M GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've got nothing against Tyteen. He's a great moderator.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:11 am

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:16 am

How many of the people complaining about Tyteen's abilities have been moderators on other forums, and been revered as always knowing what to do? I'm not trying to be biting, honest curiosity here.

Being a moderator is a lot harder than it might seem. I've had previous experience on a community like this one before I became one here. Yes, Tyteen does too, but there's a key difference - the community he's a moderator on (3ps, I think there have been more) is much more laid back when it comes to usage than here is.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Wow, yeah I haven't been here for a while, so this is surprising to me as well...

I found a lot of what your talking about in the MY AWSOM AND EPIK NEW GAM thread but wheres this petition everyones talking about?

Like, not that I'm going to sign it or whatever, but I would like to read it.

EDIT: Also is it just me or have a lot of members on this forum changed a lot, becuase this whole thing seems very uncharacteristic for a lot of these people, but for the last year-ish I haven't been watching these forums too much so I guess people could have changed without me noticing...
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:28 pm

maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Emerald141 wrote:It's at the bottom of the last page.
Of the MY AWSOM AND EPIK NEW GAM thread? If so I can't seem to find it...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.
Last edited by maxnick on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Emerald141 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:How many of the people complaining about Tyteen's abilities have been moderators on other forums, and been revered as always knowing what to do? I'm not trying to be biting, honest curiosity here.
Like Tyteen, I'm a member of the 3.studIo staff, and some of the other people who signed the petition are staff members on boywhoflies' NFW forum. So that should count for something.
Okay, fair enough, but there's still the second part - Have you or any of the people you're referring to been held in high esteem for never making mistakes as a moderator (can't think of a better way to word this, but you should know what I mean)?

It isn't that simple. There's no such thing as a black and white issue.

Putting that aside for now, I just noticed what I find to be a gem of a contradiction in the petition...
On April 1st, 2011, Tyteen abused his power in a major way by creating multiple spammy topics and stickying some of them, even going so far as to delete the rules (side-note; he didn't actually delete them, simply moved them to the moderator section... not saying this doesn't apply, though) and replace them with a version of his own in a feeble attempt to be humorous.

Tyteen had spontaneously locked this topic and provided bad reasoning why. In the pages listed above, multiple people requested that it be unlocked, but Tyteen obstinately refused to listen. ~xpr'd~ had to unlock it instead.

Tyteen clearly did not learn his lesson last April Fool's Day, because he engaged in similar antics this year as well.
  • He stickied a topic which certainly did not need nor deserve being stickied, http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=90, but unstickied it immediately after the topic's creator renamed it to "TYTEEN'S WRATH". (side-note; come on guys, I thought tyteen was the one who changed the title, why didn't anyone tell me ;_;)
  • On the fourth page of this topic, several examples are given of users dissatisfied with this decision. He also deleted the old rules topic, and replaced it with a topic named "RULEZ" which contained only the sentence "well not for today". Thankfully, he was dissuaded from his rampage before he could cause any more chaos.
We, the undersigned, hereby disapprove of tyteen's job as moderator and respectfully request that he be removed from office.
This qualifies as respectful? :|

Now then. Someone tell me exactly what Tyteen did on April Fool's. Don't leave anything out, please.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Someone tell me exactly what Tyteen did on April Fool's. Don't leave anything out, please.
ok there it says so on the petition i believe
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Well, yeah, but I mean... Is that it? Is there anything else, or not?
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:18 pm

On April 1st, 2011, Tyteen abused his power in a major way by creating multiple spammy topics and stickying some of them, even going so far as to delete the rules (side-note; he didn't actually delete them, simply moved them to the moderator section... not saying this doesn't apply, though) and replace them with a version of his own in a feeble attempt to be humorous. (How is that disrespectful? It's true.)

Tyteen had spontaneously locked this topic and provided bad reasoning why. In the pages listed above, multiple people requested that it be unlocked, but Tyteen obstinately refused to listen. (Tyteen DID refuse to listen. Didn't you see the topic it listed?) ~xpr'd~ had to unlock it instead.

Tyteen clearly did not learn his lesson last April Fool's Day (Last april fools day, he didn't learn his lesson.) because he engaged in similar antics this year as well.
  • He stickied a topic which certainly did not need nor deserve being stickied, http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=90, but unstickied it immediately after the topic's creator renamed it to "TYTEEN'S WRATH". (side-note; come on guys, I thought tyteen was the one who changed the title, why didn't anyone tell me ;_;useless [b']'s here)
  • On the fourth page of this topic, several examples are given of users dissatisfied with this decision. He also deleted the old rules topic, and replaced it with a topic named "RULEZ" which contained only the sentence "well not for today". Thankfully, he was dissuaded from his rampage before he could cause any more chaos. (Simple, it says what it means.)
We, the undersigned, hereby disapprove of tyteen's job as moderator and respectfully (Not the kind of respectful I think you're talking about, but respectfully request that he be removed from office.)
See? I want to be in this topic to. :3

Also, the petition was agreed in the PCPuzzle chatbox (which is linked in Sammy_P's and SS01's signature), and then sent to MS in a PM.
:D
boywhoflies
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by boywhoflies » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Qloof234 wrote:Now then. Someone tell me exactly what Tyteen did on April Fool's. Don't leave anything out, please.
I missed the whole thing, so there might of been some stuff that was deleted before I came on the next day. So somebody else should answer. But I'm pretty sure, from what I read and heard, that he spammed, encouraged spam, and stickied a few spammy things(somebody please comfirm this, if possible). Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole reason there's a new off topic and we have moderators here in the first place was to prevent spam? If so, he did the exact oppisite of what he was supposed to be doing, and used his moderator abilities/rights/powers to help with such.
Mr. Robot never dies! :D

Chatroom
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:54 am

Sammy_Bro wrote:
On April 1st, 2011, Tyteen abused his power in a major way by creating multiple spammy topics and stickying some of them, even going so far as to delete the rules (side-note; he didn't actually delete them, simply moved them to the moderator section... not saying this doesn't apply, though) and replace them with a version of his own in a feeble attempt to be humorous. (How is that disrespectful? It's true.)
Let me blunt about this, then. If I told you that your sense of humor is "feeble" because I don't find a joke you make funny, would you take it respectfully?
Sammy_Bro wrote:
Tyteen had spontaneously locked this topic and provided bad reasoning why. In the pages listed above, multiple people requested that it be unlocked, but Tyteen obstinately refused to listen. (Tyteen DID refuse to listen. Didn't you see the topic it listed?) ~xpr'd~ had to unlock it instead.
Yes, the reason I highlighted that was because of the way it was worded. It comes across as quite rude.

I did indeed notice he refused to unlock the topic. However, unlike... Most of the people complaining, it seems, I saw Tyteen's logic behind locking it. Do I agree with it? No, I don't, as the alternate topic he provided is cluttered. Do I think he explained it well? Honestly, no. However, his logic still holds.
Sammy_Bro wrote:
Tyteen clearly did not learn his lesson last April Fool's Day (Last april fools day, he didn't learn his lesson.) because he engaged in similar antics this year as well.
  • He stickied a topic which certainly did not need nor deserve being stickied, http://www.pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&start=90, but unstickied it immediately after the topic's creator renamed it to "TYTEEN'S WRATH". (side-note; come on guys, I thought tyteen was the one who changed the title, why didn't anyone tell me ;_;useless [b']'s here)
I bolded that because, once again, it's rude. Notice a pattern here?
Sammy_Bro wrote:
[*]On the fourth page of this topic, several examples are given of users dissatisfied with this decision. He also deleted the old rules topic, and replaced it with a topic named "RULEZ" which contained only the sentence "well not for today". Thankfully, he was dissuaded from his rampage before he could cause any more chaos. (Simple, it says what it means.)[/list]
... You know what, I shouldn't even honor that with a response, I'm sorry.

How would you like it if you were joking around with something along the lines of Moderator abilities for April Fools' and people described your actions like this when it was just a joke?
Sammy_Bro wrote:
We, the undersigned, hereby disapprove of tyteen's job as moderator and respectfully (Not the kind of respectful I think you're talking about, but respectfully request that he be removed from office.)
Okay, let me put it this way then. If I was MS and got a petition like this worded the way it was, I probably would not take it seriously. MS almost certainly has a different way of doing things than I do, of course, but like I said - One of my top tier Berserk Buttons is discrimination of any kind. Even if someone backs it up by explaining what happened, if they can't be unbiased and polite about it, then I have no inclination to take them seriously.

One of my other Berserk Buttons is hypocrisy, which I will get into detail about in a minute.
Sammy_Bro wrote:Also, the petition was agreed in the PCPuzzle chatbox (which is linked in Sammy_P's and SS01's signature), and then sent to MS in a PM.
So what, you all agreed on its contents there, including the wording?

This is a serious question. I'm not saying this to be rude or anything, but honest curiosity - No one rose an issue with the way it was written? No one at all?

If people were still angry, I can understand that.
boywhoflies wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:Now then. Someone tell me exactly what Tyteen did on April Fool's. Don't leave anything out, please.
I missed the whole thing, so there might of been some stuff that was deleted before I came on the next day. So somebody else should answer. But I'm pretty sure, from what I read and heard, that he spammed, encouraged spam, and stickied a few spammy things(somebody please confirm this, if possible).
From what I'm seeing, I just see the same thing as last year, but toned down - The Rules topic was moved and replaced with a joke one, and he pinned the EPIKGAM thread. I haven't seen or heard anything about him encouraging spam last year, let alone this year (my memory could be failing me about last year, though).
boywhoflies wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the whole reason there's a new off topic and we have moderators here in the first place was to prevent spam? If so, he did the exact opposite of what he was supposed to be doing, and used his moderator abilities/rights/powers to help with such.
Yes, that's the reason there's a new off-topic. The main reason I take people getting mad at him over this is because, like I've said, it's April Fools'. He has no malicious intent behind pinning silly topics and making a joke ruleset other than as a joke. If people don't find it funny, they don't find it funny, and I do believe there is a limit to be noticed when it comes to jokes like that.

What I take issue with is how angrily people reacted. I already posted a bunch of quotes out of the EPIKGAM thread.

If you didn't find it funny and were tired of his jokes like that, all you had to do was say so. I'm not targeting anyone specific with this, and before someone says so, I'm aware that people asked him not to do stuff like this last year. The difference is that he didn't go all out and pin four topics (or however many it was) like last year.

Anyways! That's it for responding to posts. Now then, I think I should actually divulge one of the reasons this is a sensitive issue to me.

Like I said above, the main two things that needle me are discrimination and hypocrisy. In this case, I think it's fairly obvious why the first one raises an issue. However, has anyone else noticed the second one coming into play?

To put it simply, I'm seeing hypocrisy - and quite a lot - in the criticism directed towards Tyteen. Frankly, I'm not in the mood to list examples right now (5 to midnight yeaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh), but if anyone wants me to, then I will.
Emerald141
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Emerald141 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Emerald141 wrote:The wording in the petition certainly came across a lot more harshly than intended. I think the other people who signed it will join me in apologizing for that.
Yes, yes I will.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:41 pm

Nobody wrote:
Emerald141 wrote:The wording in the petition certainly came across a lot more harshly than intended. I think the other people who signed it will join me in apologizing for that.
Yes, yes I will.
ditto
:D
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Sammy_Bro wrote:
Nobody wrote:
Yes, yes I will.
ditto